University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Employee Reviews

Fun, stressful at times, and very educational on my part
Telemetry Monitor Technician/ Cardiac Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Charleston Blvd, NVSeptember 13, 2017
I have a very learnful experimces , learned a lot being a floater in all the ICU's, including trauma icu! I got to apply good skills both as a team player and a team leader. The fast paced invironment trained me and made me learn the importance of having a common sense😊. I develop and improve my communication skills as well. I became more flexible as far as helping other coworkers when in need of help. Bosses are very supportive and encouraging and knows how to acknowledged job well done.
I wished I could have stayed and never moved back to Hawaii then...
Pros
Free coffees, donuts and pastries, crackers most of the time.
Cons
Good retirement benifits, with med/ dental, vision plans
Great Hospital with a lots of varieties of education
Assist in operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2017
Great Hospital , Great Education Provided for staff and residency of Medical Students.
you never get bored, every day is different at UMC Las Vegas.
Ortho and Neuro is there Forte. Very impressive Trauma Team as well Doctors.
very busy trauma center and a great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2017
a very busy place to work with many different type of cases and a great place to teach.but the staff was over worked .would have liked to see more heart cases.
Pros
nice place to work very busy
Cons
needed more staff
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2017
I comforted patients in the ER and assisted the nursing staff. Typical day would consist of stocking nurse carts followed by making rounds with patients. Assisting patients consisted of providing blankets, pillows, and water for them.
Great Benefits for long term, dedicated team players
Witheld (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2017
UMC is uniquely positioned to provide premium health care services including Level 1 Trauma and Burn for the region. It is undergoing great changes and opportunities are available to participate in the change.

Challenges exist as a County organization, with management having to work with overhead and having to compete against private sector hospitals whom are nimble and endowed with newer facilities. When the challenges are overcome, UMC will become a greater power in the region in providing first class health care with an exceptional EMR solution.
Not a bad place to work
Plant Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
Great benefits. not a lot of pressure. It was hard to get parts. I didn't like working in a hospital, always around sick people. Had to travel to quick care locations for work a lot.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sick people, no payed lunch
Excellent
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
Typical day at work consist of monitoring patients placed under a hold from the state to make sure they are safe. I learned to show compassion to patients and people. I enjoyed the friendly and team work in the enviroment
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
N/a
Level 1 Trauma Center in Las Vegas
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
Learned many basic nursing skills and exposed to many difficult cases, such as gun shot wounds, head injuries, and drownings. Hardest part was taking care of a pediatric pt with a poor prognosis.
Pros
Learned basic nursing skills
Cons
taking care of a pediatric pt with a poor prognosis.
Stressful Job
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
This was a job I was passionate about because I did feel like I was able to make a difference in my patient's lives. However, the work environment and atmosphere was very chaotic, and unstable.
Worker Beware!!!
Traveler (Former Employee) –  SurgerySeptember 8, 2016
Horrible, horrible place to work. The staff in the O.R. is actually friendly and extremely helpful in certain situations. The charge and management do not believe in breaks and usually you have to call the desk to get a lunch. The hospital is so old the fire alarms go off almost daily while the front desk kicks and screams about patients being brought to room even with fire alarm alerted! I was a traveler here for 11 weeks and could not finish the remaining 2 due to poor management decisions, failure to get breaks or being relieved in a timely manner.
Pros
Cons
Enjoy the staff infection...
ok place to work
Unit Clerk (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2016
Productive and fun workplace when i do get the hours. Other than that it is not fun. The are putting the money in the wrong areas at times.
Pros
ok staff
Cons
no hours
Nice facility
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2016
Administration keeps costs lower by having most of the employees as part time or per diem employees. The staff are very hard working and dedicated to the care of the patients.
Don't come!
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
As a previous management analyst, I don't think it is a good place to work at. Too many office politics. Please, don't come.
Benefits
I love it here
Unit Clerk (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Worked here 1 year and always found a place and home here. Found management to be very supportive of staff. Able to move to different areas with supportive leadership.
Pros
Total learning experience.
Cons
not enough hours.
internship
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVFebruary 9, 2016
It was an internship opportunity with the administrative staff at UMC. I was able to learn quite a lot during my time there.
Very fulling Job
Patient Account Services, Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2016
Because I ran my own Post Office as the Postmaster it was challenging and rewarding. One of the best jobs that I have ever had
New job
Unit Clerk (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
I just started here at the end of October. I can't really give an honest review as of yet. So far it's been great!
Management is OK.
Co-workers are OK
Pros
great food
Cons
parking for employees
food service
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
very racial setting in the kitchen. black people were downgraded. they only love to be around white people. management was an outside division called Morrison/ Compass group. caught a lot of the managers calling black people lazy ni%$ers
Pros
lunch allowance, pay
Cons
ignorance and predjudice, slave drivers racist white managers.
Always supportive and provided learning experiences. Worked with me to develop my talents
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2015
Worked here 17 years and always found a place and home here. Found management to be very supportive of staff. Able to move to different areas with supportive leadership
Pros
Total learning experience, loved making a difference daily
Cons
My disablity ultimately made it impossible to do long shifts
good place for the patient
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  1800 west charleston blvd las vegas nv 89102May 18, 2015
excellent healthcare providers.enhancing good customer service
too busy that makes us so tired and sometimes we cant come to work as schedule and that we can loose our job instantly if we cant keep up with our schedule