University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Discharge Planning
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2017
The day is normally very challenging. Not only do social workers assist people w/ needs such as not having money for medication, we also look for placement for nursing homes, group homes, acute rehab, set up transportation, work with patients and families, etc. the list is endless. One thing I like about my job is that it's never the same. There is a new challenge everyday and the day flies by. The five years I have spent there has flown by. The social work staff is a collective bunch of people and each social worker has his or her own floor to work on the goal, which is always a safe discharge.
Pros
PERS, longjevity, employee perks like family picnics, etc.
Cons
A lot of stress, but that's all hospitals.
Company and coworkers were easy to work with.
Blood Donor Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 17, 2017
While the hospital and coworkers were a pleasure to work with and for the commute and parking were problematic. As I was the first in that position, there was very little direction and support was minimal.
Love this work place
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 10, 2017
Great place to work. Would very much recommend this job to other people. Everyone works as a team player and willing to go above and beyond to make sure everything is correct.
Employee Health and TB Coordinator
Employee Health Nurse and TB Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2017
Conducted all yearly TB testing with follow up., chest x-rays as needed. New hire exams, triaging work injuries, follow up on injuries OSHA and CDC guidelines
Fun Place
• Cash Collections
• Clinical
Great place
Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2017
If there was ever a place that I would love to return to its the University Medical Center I absolutely enjoyed working for this place as a Floor Tech I was there for years the benefits were great the people are great interacting with the public Clinton smiles on people's faces that weren't feeling well management team was awesome if I can ever return to any job this be the one
Studnet work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 6, 2017
This is not a bad place to work if you are a student, especially if you are a student in any part of the medical field. You will learn a lot about how the hospital works and what each person's role is.
High Emphasis on learning
Cardiac Monitor Tech- Per-Diem (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2017
I probably learned the most about being a Monitor tech while I was at UMC. There was always a heavy focus on working together to learn more about our jobs.
Learning hospital that was very busy.
Nurse Extern/PCA (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 1, 2017
This hospital merged with CRMC. It was a good environment for learning granting that newly graduate doctors trained here. Doctors were highly trained and very professional. Employees were recognized for their hard work.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
very busy.
Professional work environment
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed working in this type of environment very professional staff. This company allows a lot of room for advancement and focuses on patient care.
great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 19, 2017
I loved working with some of the nurses and patients but some of the phlebotomist wasnt that great. They didnt care bout your family as long as their family was ok
Pros
good nurses
Cons
not enough money
Board of Directors, Development in Literacy (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2017
Good work balance, Nice people to work with.
Excellent nurses with good clinical support.
Good team of Neonotologists with equal work load
Good support from different specialties including pediatric cardiology, Pediatric gastroenterology, Pediatric infectious disease, Pediatric nephrology, Pediatric surgery, Pediatric cardio thoracic surgery, Pediatric radiology, Pediatric anesthesiology
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small size NICU
Is now Banner University Medical Center
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Typical work day was always very busy.
Was a teaching hospital when I worked there. Learned a great many things that have helped me in my career.
Rotation of management was to frequent.
We were frequently understaffed which made the work day feel longer than 12 hrs.
Always enjoyed taking care of my patients.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Under staffed
Very productive and rewarding
/Payroll Administrator /Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2017
While at University Medical Center, It was very rewarding and educational as well. It was also a time to get acquainted with the patients in all walks of life no matter what culture or background they came from and assist them in anyway I could to help their stay at the hospital a little less stressful among their situation. At the same time, be productive in getting the job accomplished for the Hospital as well by working with A great management team. the hardest part of my job was getting laid off from doing something that really love to do and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting the job done in an efficient time and developing relationships with different organizations to getting patients approved as well as gaining revenue for the hospital..
Productive and fun place to work.
Language Assistant Interpreter Sr (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2017
UMCB is a great place to work for those that care for other human being's wellness . This is a hospital where you work very hard, and staff give their best to provide good medical and customer services. It is a great pledger for me to work in place where I can express my sensitivity for those in need and at the same time be able to make a living doing what I love doing, helping others to get well and get on their feel so they can move on.
Not amenable to changing with new the times
RN, Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2017
Operating like being funded by state still. Much that needs to be changed at this facility. Patient care is wonderful. Most of administration leaves much to be desired. *sigh. Welcome to corporate world. Where one can try to make a difference and actually care, yet we are still the worker bees and our opinion just will never count
Pros
Doctos enjoy teaching and for the most part are very approachable
Cons
All the "Worker Bees" are considered VERY replaceable
good place to work
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 1, 2017
nice atmosphere, friendly people. hardest part of the job is finding a place to park. but the benefits are great and the pay is acceptable
interesting place to work
Materials Handler & Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 29, 2017
busy place filled with patients,policies on staffing ratios patients to staff not enforced changed at directors choosing. learned to work short handed and work gracefully
Pros
like the job it was interesting fulfilling, always something new
Cons
directors put staff and clients in dangerous situation on regular basis
Employees first
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Excellent work culture. Employees are investment capital and listened to. Expectations are high, but so are the rewards and it is very nice to walk into work feeling like you're valued.
Pros
Employees are valued
Cons
The pay could be a little better, but its average
People-oriented organization
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Medical DirectorJanuary 25, 2017
University Medical Center has a very friendly environment both for employees and patients. The management is very accommodating to employees and my immediate supervisor, Medical Director, has displayed a great leader model to everyone. My colleagues are very friendly, warm, and helpful since I joined.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
No cafeteria inside the facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

82%