University Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Surgery
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2016
Oriantation was amazing wonderful upbeat staff learned alot felt like I new where to go in need of assistance. Department oriantation was very informative felt up to date on procedures and paper work. Unfortunately to much department gossip accusations and favoritism. Back stabbing and twisted stories and stereotyping. Staff that have been there for 20 years never give new employees a chance to excel as being threatened by new educational procedures and new flow. Unfortunately in the state of Nevada a company can separate there employment with no reason as I was given based on there personal opinion I was not fit. This is my personal experience and others may have a different view but I believe it depends on department and management. Also as a union Hospital you have choices, as I felt I didn't because one of my choices given was not the right one what was better for my family and that didn't work for management.
Pros
Orginized Clean educational value
Cons
Gossip accusations stereotyping and No Choice
Chaos
Patient Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
Overall a decent hospital employees making serious errors with patient accounts and patients care. Leadership is okay could be improved
good place
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 29, 2016
friendly staff, good place to work

ent setting with hearing aids and hearing evals, no potential for additional testing
Excellent hospital fo work
Admin. Asst Patient Care Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Provide assistance to a RN Manager and/or Departmental Managers.
Prioritize administrative clerical duties in a professional manner.
Organizer, supervise and coordinate daily events.
Screening telephone calls, appointments, liaising with clients.
Handle difficult situations or patient issues or concerns.
Supervising, training staff, ordering flowers and gifts, and other duties as assigned.
Responsible for building community relations and securing advanced patient care priorities.
Enhance quality patient care. Support management and operations team.
Leadership and organizational skills. Excellent telephone etiquette and creation of normal business correspondence.
Give instructions and clearly explain problems or situations.
Build relationships with donors, volunteers, vendors or other internal departments in order to advance professional relationships and fundraising activities.
Data entry, reports and documents. Meeting planning, scheduling, travel itineraries, speakers and meetings. Record, type departmental minutes.
Pros
Case management, customer service, execuitive assistant
Very great workplace with great people
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I learned a lot about diversity working here and the most enjoyable part about my job was getting to work for an amazing company in a short amount of time that I got.
Pros
Long lunch times
Cons
OK pay
Work Environment
Purchasing Agent/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 8, 2016
I truly enjoyed working at UMC. Very professional and the 2 supervisors I had were sensational. Very professional, caring and loving people. The work hours were great, which still provided family time and being a team player was hands down awesome.
Pros
Free lumch sometimes from the sales reps organized by our supervisors.
learing to help others in need
Unit Secretary-Burn Unit and General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2015
Learning that people sometime have to go through a lot in order to feel and see that they are bless. I learn to be thankful for my health as well as my family.
Pros
helping people
Cons
watching pain and death
Unviersity Medical
Environmental Services Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 4, 2015
I had fun working for this company, however, I didn't have much advancement. The co workers were great but I needed a job that would help me achieve my future goals. I didn't have benefits offered at the time I was here and I needed benefits.
Pros
Great People
Cons
NO benefits offered
Great team work
Patient Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2015
A great place to work. The organization is fair and reasonable towards its employees. I do not like the overall management style of employees. they do not allow input of ideas from employees
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
no healthcare for PD employees
Great learning experience
Bone and Joint Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2015
Was a great learning experience. Worked all shifts as needed. Great learning of insurances and deductibles. UMC is a county hospital so worked with homeless patients all the way up to CEO's. Worked closely with nursing staff and physicians.
Pros
good working experience of working the emergency and trauma room.
Cons
Managment was not always available to help with unusual situations.
d\good teaching hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2015
typical day is following orders written by doctors following protocols specific to patient disease process and floor therapy
learned patient care specific to Cystic Fibrosis patients.
Coworkers were very helpful since I was a new grad
Hardest part of job was the technical knowledge need and the fact that I was a new grad and inexperienced at putting book knowledge and actual real world experience together at the same time
Most enjoyable part was after time feeling my confidence grow from learning how to combine school knowledge and actual patient care
n/a
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2015
good co-workers supervisors turnover to often. policies constantly changes. need more organization and consistancies
A good place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 5, 2015
I volunteered part time as a university student but the staff was very friendly and easy to work with. A typical work day would be interacting with patients as they walked into the clinic.
past
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 30, 2015
Upper management mostly worried about profit and patient surveys. Neglected actual patient safety and employee satisfaction. Director often was concerned with politics and as most are in management, however co-workers and clinical manager were excellent.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
lower pay
cool place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 21, 2015
5-6 patients medical and psych patients
collaborate with MD and Consults, social services and families
continuous education on admission and discharge
Pros
county job
Cons
physical assault from violent psych patient
A typical day
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 20, 2015
Care for the patients is one of the important values of the University Medical Center of New Orleans. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
hours
Cons
changes
fun work place
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2015
The lab is like a family, every one is so friendly. The best of all my manager worked with my school schedule. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Short lunch breaks
it was a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NevadaOctober 11, 2015
I did learn, to be a better nurse, passionate every day. To be part of a wonderful team work and always willing to help other coworkers and make sure to give best care to a patients.
What I learned?
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LaOctober 9, 2015
I learned customer service and a wealth of knowledge on how hospitals function from my daily interactions with other departments and from my supervisors.
Pros
Everyone works together to get the work done.
Cons
No credit for years worked toward state retirement.
Great place to work they care about their employee's
Central Stores Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 6, 2015
Getting supplies to each department in a timely manner to take care of patience was the most important part of the job. I learned from Leadership training conflict resolution and how to work with the employee's for cooperation and satisfied employee's. Management was there to help in any way they could. Hardest part of this job was to keep 72 hours of supplies on the floor at all times. Happy customer comments. We went from a rating of 1 to 5 which was the highest in 2 1/2 years of my 5 years working for the company.
Pros
Care about their employees