University Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun
Master Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I only completed my internship at UMC for two semesters. It is a very high paced environment. There is a lot to learn however everyone was really helpful.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Duke University Medical Center is a very rewarding place to work, my typical day consisted of me reviewing patient records and entering data into a multiple site data base.
Pros
Pay and schedule
Cons
Parking
fast paced
Patient Care Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2018
start off with a meeting to go over patients. trauma is a place where i learned more about people and what i will see in jobs. hardest part is seeing patients going through struggles. most enjoyable knowing you made someones day.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nothing
student
Externship (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I was there only as a student for my externship for school. I worked there 8 hours a day. I enjoyed the people that I came in contact with. I enjoyed talking to the people that came in for tests or x-rays.
overall good and productive enviornment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 15, 2018
Patient experience is goal. Working together as a team effort utilizing individual strenghths that make it an overall success! Remembering the goal despite the task.
University Medical Center
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  UMC Nellis Quick Care and Primary CareJanuary 14, 2018
I started at UMC at the IT Help Desk where I stayed for almost 2 years. Then they needed to hire people with IT certificates. So I transferred to be a Patient Attendant where I stayed 6 months. then I was given the opportunity to move to Nellis Quick care and Primary care as an Office Assistant. Now they have inputted the EPIC paperless system and they are going to eliminate my job. So I am going to have to retire.
Productive work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2018
UMC was a great work environment which allowed me to meet different people, enhance communication skills, and gain an interest in the fifferrnts aspects of nursing. While working at UMC I didn’t find anything too hard as long as I task focused on the task at hand.
productive
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 7, 2018
company was a good job to start my career in medical records. I was able to move on to my future careers with what had learned with the company. great people
Pros
paid time off
Cons
paper charts
High quality healthcare
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I loved working for UMC. Evidence-based care is the culture of UMC. Nurses are highly valued and UMC shows their appreciation frequently. It is a teaching hospital which can be challenging sometimes.
Amazing Culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2018
So many nice people work here. From the Physicians, nurses, kitchen staff and, ect. I am so going to miss working here. For the first time in my nursing Career, I felt at home and was compensated beyond my expectations. The Nursing recruiting department is essential in helping you be comfortable in your environment. Great place to work.
Pros
Monthly employee events. Lucheons for being an employee and for your birthday.
Cons
Have to clock out for lunch.

Want to know more about University Medical Center?

Ask a question
Very nice place to work, but very fast paced.
CAFETERIA CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 3, 2018
setting up the breakfast line, getting drawer ready and making sure all breakfast items were out ready for customers to eat. cleaning up around areas of the food line.
The forefront of career learning and sharpening proficiency
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
The hospital has the highest acuity of patients and therefore provides the ideal setting in which to sharpen coding proficiency and skill. Management is knowledgeable, efficient and assists in the improvement of their staff.
Good money
Eligibility Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Great bosses, liked working with patients. Utilized tickler system, documentation and case review. SSI/SSD patients and eligibility. Good hours, excellent coworkers, knowledgeable.
Good teamwork and caring people
Instrument room technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 27, 2017
A usual day included checking the decontamination area making sure we were not backed up. Checking to see if there were any changes in the or schedule requiring specific Instructions or instruments. Keeping the flow of instrument sets through decontam to instrument room then sent downstairs for sterilization in autoclaves.
Pros
Good exercise, Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Trauma Facility
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79905December 26, 2017
Very stressful job considering that we were the only level I trauma facility in a 240 mile radius. We would receive traumas from all over to include Juarez, Mexico. Very hard job with low pay for job done and risks to yourself as a health care provider.
Fun place to work
Student intern - Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2017
The job was great. I never felt like the job was work. I always enjoyed getting up and going into the shop. The atmosphere of the shop was relaxed but we were all dedicated to getting the job done.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
long days
great people and work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2017
Good people and clean hospital, I enjoyed my time and have always felt welcome no matter which department I was with. People are always quitting due to change in management.
awsome
Emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2017
My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare for employees, catered lunch every day, an onsite gym and locker rooms,
A great place to learn
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 11, 2017
I was a student at UMC and it was the best place to learn. The techs are held at a very high standard. The techs are expected to know a high amount of examination types.
Loved the job and people I worked with
PICC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93702December 9, 2017
All the nurses were great to work with. Was very satisfied with my job by the end of each day. Doctors appreciated the work you did. It was a teaching hospital so you saw many interesting cases. Unfortunately, it was a small hospital, even though a Level I Trauma center. The hospital closed and moves patients and some of the nurses to the larger facility in the corporation.
Pros
Great teaching facility and great nurses.
Cons
Hospital closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.