University Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Love being a Dental Assistant
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2015
Working with the staff was great.
Learn new technique and ways to improve daily.
Management was great.
Nothing hard about the workplace, I enjoyed coming in to work.
A productive place to work
HIM Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson AZOctober 2, 2015
Current manager is very approachable and a very good listener. The hospital has been bought out by another company, so a lot of changes are happening. Our department is in the process of being moved to another location.
Pros
The parking is not bad
Cons
Not very flexible with work schedules
Learned loads of new things.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2015
This place was great to learn new things and break into the coding world. Wasn't there long enough to see the good/bad. Was able to collaborate with other workers and get new perspectives on Coding.
Pros
Great people to work with
Enjoy working with some of the people at UMC
Data Base Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 1, 2015
We have politics like any other job. My typical day entails of keep patient information update at all times. Decent amount red tape and politics. the most enjoyable part is working with some of my co-workers.
Busy, busy, busy
Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2015
Being a County hospital, UMC gets really flooded with patients.
They are very strict with following protocols and the benefits are
really good.
Great Hospital
INSURANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work. It is a learning facility. I have meet knew friends here. It has a great support staff available for every need. Everyone works as a team all over to get the job done. Great place to move up in a different position if you desire.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Seeing so many illnesses
N/a
Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Got the opportunity to spread the word on HIV and AIDS and also able to do presentation at high schools in EL PASO TX. I was able to educate teens on a new learning experience on HIV AND AIDS.
Work
Access Financial Coord (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 18, 2015
New management is from billing so we are doing more bill work so they have less to do on back end. In saying that we stay busy and not much down. UMC is a business and that is how you work if you have down time you are not doing something you suppose to be doing. My normal day is checking in Patients, going to their rooms getting them to sign papers and getting any information might have missed when they first came in, collecting money, confirming insurance, helping bill by investigating car crashes, fall and worker comp.
Pros
overtime
Great hospital
Register Respiratory Therapist PRN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Good hospital. Managment is a meh. Too many chiefs not enough indians. Always short handed. They make you got to 80% of meetings even if you are only prn.
awesome
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 15, 2015
Its was very good learning place, hand zone, they are great teachers! The co workers are awesome.... We all work together as a team...
food service worker
Patient Service, food service aide (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 14, 2015
food service worker. serving and preparing food for the patients in the hospital. service each meal with a smile to help bright up the patients day.
Emergency Department
Emergency Department Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJSeptember 6, 2015
Emergency Department is busy at times as emergency departments are but staff is nice and competent. The Physicians and Midlevels are very nice to work with and supportive.
Warehouse receiver and floor stocker for the hospital
Receiving Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson,AZAugust 30, 2015
My day began at 5:00 am
My first duty of the day was to receive the delivery off the truck and check all inventory to ensure it was all there. Then I rotated stock throughout hospital and restocked hospital units with necessary supplies. Reordered supplies for the next day shipment.
I learned about all the different supplies that a hospital uses and how the supplies could help save peoples lives. I stocked several of the ICU's throughout the hospital.
I loved interacting with all the people I met in the hospital, I built a great working relationship with many of my fellow co-workers
I really enjoyed knowing that the materials that our department provided helped the patients in the hospital recover and that they were able to go home to their families.
Where the unique occurs and miracles happen.
Flex Speech Language Pathologist-Clinical Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 20, 2015
Wonderful place of employment with a positive spirit and thorough provider of quality, patient/person centered care.
good people to work with.
Sr. Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2015
Teamwork was very well played in the clinic. Staff was professional and dealt great with patients. It was like a little family.
Loved this company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2015
Working for UMC (now Banner) was on of the best jobs I have ever had. All the employees got along and made each and every shift enjoyable. I like my job and co workers so much that I used to work 6 days a week, sometimes more. Would go back in a heartbeat!!
Difficult place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Med/SurgAugust 10, 2015
Fellow Employees are very hardworking and wonderful to work with. The hospital is not doing well at this time and made it difficult to work at.
It was a good job for awhile
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2015
In the outpatient pharmacy we would see approx 750 patients per day. Some of my coworkers where hard workers and worked as a team. We would make the day fun and we worked well together. I am bilingual and was used to help translate. The outpatient pharmacy was closed in Sept 2015 and we were moved to the inpatient. What we found there was lack of cooperation and training. New management came in with lots of changes, but seemed to not want a happy crew.
Pros
patients, staff, workflow
Cons
new management
Fast paced lots of variety
Medical Assistant/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
At UMC there is no typical work day, Everyday is filled with a variety of experiences. One thing is for sure, there are no boring days.
Fantastic Job
Externship (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2015
This employer was my first in the healthcare arena and I learned a great deal in that environment. It helped me to truly understand how to anticipate the needs of my provider.