University Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 7, 2018
company was a good job to start my career in medical records. I was able to move on to my future careers with what had learned with the company. great people
Pros
paid time off
Cons
paper charts
High quality healthcare
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 6, 2018
I loved working for UMC. Evidence-based care is the culture of UMC. Nurses are highly valued and UMC shows their appreciation frequently. It is a teaching hospital which can be challenging sometimes.
Amazing Culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 5, 2018
So many nice people work here. From the Physicians, nurses, kitchen staff and, ect. I am so going to miss working here. For the first time in my nursing Career, I felt at home and was compensated beyond my expectations. The Nursing recruiting department is essential in helping you be comfortable in your environment. Great place to work.
Pros
Monthly employee events. Lucheons for being an employee and for your birthday.
Cons
Have to clock out for lunch.
Very nice place to work, but very fast paced.
CAFETERIA CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 3, 2018
setting up the breakfast line, getting drawer ready and making sure all breakfast items were out ready for customers to eat. cleaning up around areas of the food line.
The forefront of career learning and sharpening proficiency
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
The hospital has the highest acuity of patients and therefore provides the ideal setting in which to sharpen coding proficiency and skill. Management is knowledgeable, efficient and assists in the improvement of their staff.
Good money
Eligibility Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Great bosses, liked working with patients. Utilized tickler system, documentation and case review. SSI/SSD patients and eligibility. Good hours, excellent coworkers, knowledgeable.
Good teamwork and caring people
Instrument room technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 27, 2017
A usual day included checking the decontamination area making sure we were not backed up. Checking to see if there were any changes in the or schedule requiring specific Instructions or instruments. Keeping the flow of instrument sets through decontam to instrument room then sent downstairs for sterilization in autoclaves.
Pros
Good exercise, Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Trauma Facility
RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79905December 26, 2017
Very stressful job considering that we were the only level I trauma facility in a 240 mile radius. We would receive traumas from all over to include Juarez, Mexico. Very hard job with low pay for job done and risks to yourself as a health care provider.
Fun place to work
Student intern - Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2017
The job was great. I never felt like the job was work. I always enjoyed getting up and going into the shop. The atmosphere of the shop was relaxed but we were all dedicated to getting the job done.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
long days
great people and work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2017
Good people and clean hospital, I enjoyed my time and have always felt welcome no matter which department I was with. People are always quitting due to change in management.
awsome
Emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2017
My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare for employees, catered lunch every day, an onsite gym and locker rooms,
A great place to learn
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 11, 2017
I was a student at UMC and it was the best place to learn. The techs are held at a very high standard. The techs are expected to know a high amount of examination types.
Loved the job and people I worked with
PICC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93702December 9, 2017
All the nurses were great to work with. Was very satisfied with my job by the end of each day. Doctors appreciated the work you did. It was a teaching hospital so you saw many interesting cases. Unfortunately, it was a small hospital, even though a Level I Trauma center. The hospital closed and moves patients and some of the nurses to the larger facility in the corporation.
Pros
Great teaching facility and great nurses.
Cons
Hospital closed.
Diverse and educational
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 6, 2017
University Medical Center of Lafayette provide many educational opportunities. The diversity of the patients and the large residency program afforded many stimulating teaching moments. Also, the staff seemed to care a great deal about the well being of the patients.
Challenging
Patient Care Technician/ Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TxDecember 6, 2017
This hospital was a level 1 Trauma Center 22 OR Bed facility. There we're a vast range of cases that was completed there on a regular basis. It was challenging on many different levels. Although it was challenging there we're a lot of support from the staff I was able to learn a lot of different variety of cases.
Pros
Teaching facility
Cons
Low Compensation
Typical level 1 trauma center
Admission Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 4, 2017
This is a very run of the mill hospital, nothing fancy or out of the ordinary about this place sub par staff and physicians. This is just not an extraordinary workplace or town.
Stressful
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 2, 2017
If you plan on working here be prepared to be talked about by staff for no apparent reason. There are a lot of miserable people here that love to complain about everything and anything. It is like being in High School
Great place to work in Texas
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 2, 2017
I have not worked at UMC for 5+ years. However when I was there we were voted one of the Best Places to work in Texas a couple of years in a row in Texas Monthly.
Professional
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 27, 2017
Great place to work. Rewarding job because you are helping sick people. Great atmosphere to work in. One can work their way up the ladder. Great benefits and a great job.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Work hours
opinion
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 25, 2017
At University medical center I was an RN on the 3rd floor. I usuallyt had about 7 patients during a shift. I was also charge nurse. I helped many of the nurses to include training new nurses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.