University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Studnet work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 6, 2017
This is not a bad place to work if you are a student, especially if you are a student in any part of the medical field. You will learn a lot about how the hospital works and what each person's role is.
High Emphasis on learning
Cardiac Monitor Tech- Per-Diem (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2017
I probably learned the most about being a Monitor tech while I was at UMC. There was always a heavy focus on working together to learn more about our jobs.
Learning hospital that was very busy.
Nurse Extern/PCA (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 1, 2017
This hospital merged with CRMC. It was a good environment for learning granting that newly graduate doctors trained here. Doctors were highly trained and very professional. Employees were recognized for their hard work.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
very busy.
Professional work environment
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed working in this type of environment very professional staff. This company allows a lot of room for advancement and focuses on patient care.
great place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 19, 2017
I loved working with some of the nurses and patients but some of the phlebotomist wasnt that great. They didnt care bout your family as long as their family was ok
Pros
good nurses
Cons
not enough money
Board of Directors, Development in Literacy (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2017
Good work balance, Nice people to work with.
Excellent nurses with good clinical support.
Good team of Neonotologists with equal work load
Good support from different specialties including pediatric cardiology, Pediatric gastroenterology, Pediatric infectious disease, Pediatric nephrology, Pediatric surgery, Pediatric cardio thoracic surgery, Pediatric radiology, Pediatric anesthesiology
Pros
Job security
Cons
Small size NICU
Is now Banner University Medical Center
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Typical work day was always very busy.
Was a teaching hospital when I worked there. Learned a great many things that have helped me in my career.
Rotation of management was to frequent.
We were frequently understaffed which made the work day feel longer than 12 hrs.
Always enjoyed taking care of my patients.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Under staffed
Very productive and rewarding
/Payroll Administrator /Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2017
While at University Medical Center, It was very rewarding and educational as well. It was also a time to get acquainted with the patients in all walks of life no matter what culture or background they came from and assist them in anyway I could to help their stay at the hospital a little less stressful among their situation. At the same time, be productive in getting the job accomplished for the Hospital as well by working with A great management team. the hardest part of my job was getting laid off from doing something that really love to do and the most enjoyable part of my job was getting the job done in an efficient time and developing relationships with different organizations to getting patients approved as well as gaining revenue for the hospital..
Productive and fun place to work.
Language Assistant Interpreter Sr (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2017
UMCB is a great place to work for those that care for other human being's wellness . This is a hospital where you work very hard, and staff give their best to provide good medical and customer services. It is a great pledger for me to work in place where I can express my sensitivity for those in need and at the same time be able to make a living doing what I love doing, helping others to get well and get on their feel so they can move on.
Not amenable to changing with new the times
RN, Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 1, 2017
Operating like being funded by state still. Much that needs to be changed at this facility. Patient care is wonderful. Most of administration leaves much to be desired. *sigh. Welcome to corporate world. Where one can try to make a difference and actually care, yet we are still the worker bees and our opinion just will never count
Pros
Doctos enjoy teaching and for the most part are very approachable
Cons
All the "Worker Bees" are considered VERY replaceable
good place to work
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 1, 2017
nice atmosphere, friendly people. hardest part of the job is finding a place to park. but the benefits are great and the pay is acceptable
interesting place to work
Materials Handler & Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 29, 2017
busy place filled with patients,policies on staffing ratios patients to staff not enforced changed at directors choosing. learned to work short handed and work gracefully
Pros
like the job it was interesting fulfilling, always something new
Cons
directors put staff and clients in dangerous situation on regular basis
Employees first
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Excellent work culture. Employees are investment capital and listened to. Expectations are high, but so are the rewards and it is very nice to walk into work feeling like you're valued.
Pros
Employees are valued
Cons
The pay could be a little better, but its average
People-oriented organization
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Medical DirectorJanuary 25, 2017
University Medical Center has a very friendly environment both for employees and patients. The management is very accommodating to employees and my immediate supervisor, Medical Director, has displayed a great leader model to everyone. My colleagues are very friendly, warm, and helpful since I joined.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
No cafeteria inside the facility
Fantastic environment for health care
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Ever since I started at UMC in 2014, I have loved working there! The work environment is wonderful, as well as the staff that works there. My supervisors have always been so great to me!
Educational
Adult Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2017
The atmosphere of the job can change in an instant. Can be at a steady pace and then a sudden event can cause it to turn into a busy chaotic environment. Lots of opportunity for education and skilled training. Upper management is not in support of staff satisfaction but patient satisfaction is their priority because of government regulations. Too much responsibility and liability due to lack of adequate staffing.
Pros
Education
Cons
Stressful environment
A great place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Everyone was very nice. They were always willing to work with your schedule so its a good place for students to work. Parking was always a big challenge!
It's ok
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Good people to work with and room for growth. Busy,fast-paced, but you learn a lot. Certain departments management needs some improvement.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work was seeing the smile on a clients face when she/he leaves the building. You learn how to deal with all types of personalities, because you never know what has occurred in that persons morning. My co-worker were the best to work with, because we knew that as doing teamwork the clients were happy.
Fantastic place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Highly recommend this hospital. Exceptional leadership, incredible staff. Pride shows in every area of the hospital, from the moment you walk in the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University Medical Center Reviews by Location