University Medical Center

University Medical Center Employee Reviews

C.N.A
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 16, 2014
This position was very fast paced and was considered a team effort. The daily tasks performed on the job was to attend to the patients and their health conditions. Other tasks performed was to stock the supply room and make sure everything was well organized. Other tasks were when I had to assist in other floors pertaining to open wounds when the hospital was short staff. The other tasks that I needed to perform was to prepare the bodies of those who passed away from complications from delivery (childbirth) either the mother would pass away or the infants who at times were stillbirth or those that physicians knew were never going to survive after birth. Also having the ability to learn in a multicultural setting with patients or medical students, and staff.
Fun until management try to stop you from learning
Information Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 29, 2014
Ok place to work if you didn't want to advance. No room for advancement. The more you try to learn the more someone had a problem. Great co-wokers. Mangement not so good. How could you rate someone on a job that you don't know how to do.
I ENJOY WORKING WITH THE PEOPLE IN OFFICE
CASH POSTER (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: enjoy working with people
Cons: a little hectic at the end of month to make sure all is posted
POSTING THE MONEY THAT ARE ELECTRONIC AND MANUAL CHECKS.
IF I GET A CHECK WITH LITTLE OR NO INFORMATION WHERE TO POST IT I CALL AND GET INFORMATION NEEDED.
I AM LEARNING ALL ASPECTS OF POSTING
Nice Hospital
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), 4 northMay 7, 2014
Would be better if nurses actually did patient care instead of computer based caring.
good
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMay 6, 2014
Pros: emplyees
Cons: pay
Good place to work. Poor management.Great employees but very hard work running the halls. If you not in the click they will work you death and let there buddy's set and take credit for all your work
productive,
Medical Records Assembly Clerk/Deficiency Analysis (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 4, 2014
I start at 7 am with the opportunity to work with doctors, patients, and co-workers. The day starts by signing into the computer and all the systems that are needed to help with my job. Through the day I assign deficiencies to physicians for the medical record, speak with patients and other facilities that are need of records.

As technology becomes more advanced Medical Records is going electronic. I have filed paper in the past, scanned the paper chart for patients and now I am learning different aspects of the patients chart. I am amazed at how many changes there have been in through the years and there are more to come. I know that I can look towards all the people I work with management to be included. If I have questions all I have to do is ask.

the hardest part of my job is the most enjoyable part of my job and that is working at the computer all day. What makes it so hard is setting in the same spot for several hours. What makes it the most enjoyable part of my job is there is always something new to learn
Interesting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: easy payment plan for lunches, 401k, health insurance
Cons: monotonous, some nurses think they're better than you
A typical day would consist of: brushing peoples teeth, cleaning catheters, maybe feeding, taking a patient or two to CT, helping take vital signs for a new admission, and bathing.
the management is nice, and friendly.
the hardest part of the job is the monotony of it all.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when its a new learning experience.
Good Staff
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: complex patients
It is a fun place to work. The patients can be challenging, but rewarding. The administration is a top heavy.
cna
patient care tech (Former Employee), jackson , msApril 30, 2014
assist patient and nurses as needed, draw blood work etc.Any other orders that was given,
Network Operation Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJApril 29, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
Very good place to get a lot of experience but how ever is Not a lot of moving up or raises
anesthesia tech supervisor
Anesthesia Tech Supervisor (Former Employee), Jackson, MSApril 18, 2014
assist the anesthesiologist with induction of patients. Stock anesthesia drug cart and throw away outdated meds and supplies. Set up cases for anesthesia provider. Transported patients from critical tower to surgery. Also managed technicians and made room assignments and work schedules.
excellent place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 11, 2014
Pros: good co-worker
Cons: short breake
all people make you feel in home. excellent co-worker and good help for education.
Great learning environment
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: nice caffeteria, retirement.
Cons: no cons, i like the hospital
Is a great hospital, and you are motivated to continue your education. Is a learning environment.
Great place to get clinical laboratory experience
Medical Technician Intern (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 25, 2014
This is a state of the art laboratory. Offers great work experience due to the amount of work load. The personnel work in teams.
I enjoyed working at the university Medical center and I learn alot.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 25, 2014
Certified Nurse Assistant
 Assist with patient’s assessment and care planning
 Assist patients in meeting nutrition and elimination needs.
 Assist patients with mobility
 Assist patients with personal hygiene and grooming
 Assist in promoting patient safety and environmental cleanliness.
excellent work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lubbock TxMarch 19, 2014
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: short breaks, only health care benefits available to lubbock doctors
I honestly love my job at UMC. It is enjoyable to be at work every day. I work with a great staff that are all excellent as far as team work goes. Management for our floor isn't the best. I love my job, I just honestly want to move to the Big Spring, TX location considering I have a house there and would like to live in that location.
Rewarding workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2014
A humble experience with professional co-workers who care and provide excellent customer service in patient care.
FUN
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2014
Accomplished my internship here, truly enjoyed it. One of the best experience, taught me majority of what I know now.
Very disrespectful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNMarch 5, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: no lunch
You dont get to have a family life. You hardly get to sit and get a lunch break.
High flow work environment
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: payed well, flexible managment
Cons: no breaks sometimes
High flow of patients. Need to multitask, learned to understand patient needs and insurance companies. Management very flexible, co-workers a joy to work with. Hardest part is keeping up with high patient flow. Most enjoyable part of the job, knowing my work matters in the healthcare of a patient.

University Medical Center Salaries