University Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work enviornment
Guest Service Security Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2015
Supervising a team of officers who are motivated, attentive and willing to get the job done. I have learned alot from working with the different diverse groups of associates, patients and doctors. The hardest part of my job here at UMC is nothing. I am use to securing and protecting people and property.
Pros
Medical Field of work
Cons
Nothing at this time
Very open to teach students
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Las VegasApril 1, 2015
While shadowing the nurses, I can truly see that the nurses were very kind and open to teach students. I learned a lot from my clinical rotation here.
Co-workers are great and very helpful. There is a lot of teamwork involved with this job.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 30, 2015
Very bust and fast paced environment, but you work together as a team. Most of the time, we are overworked and underpaid for what we do.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Understaffed and under payed.
a place to call work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 29, 2015
A typical day includes loading a cart with supplies, getting your assigned floor number from a supervisor, and cleaning up to sanitation standards.
Very busy work day doing work orders and monthly preventative maintenance.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 17, 2015
Older building with a small shop and not enough mechanics to cover all areas. Co workers are great to work. The hardest part of the job is being on call every other week from Monday to the following Monday.
Pros
learning new equipment
Cons
long drive to work when on call
Challenging workplace
Registered Nurse (OR Nurse Intern) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2015
Only Level-1 trauma center, burn center, and transplant center in the state. Different departments have varying levels of a positive work culture.
Nice place to work.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Was wonderful until the staffing cuts started to affect all the departments. Most department heads, presidents and vice presidents either retired or resigned.
Beautiful Facility
Security Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 5, 2015
The new campus which opened in 2012 is modern and beautiful. Work environment was great due to the friendly and helpful employees.
Great teaching institution.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las vegas ,NVFebruary 3, 2015
Providing care to Deiivered and post-op patients and scrub nurse for surgical cases. Muitl- tasking . Supervision was great always assured staff was adequate.True team spirit. Long hours are draining. Discharging Mother home with her baby.
Pros
on-call pay was great
Cons
Family environment, team work, great managers
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day would be organizing work including presenting slides and paperwork to three pathologists, answering and screening phone calls, typing of various correspondence.
I learned how to effectively communicate with other coworkers including other physicians within the Department and work as a great team.
My management supported my decisions for new ways to make the job more organized and easier.
My coworkers treated me like family and provided a great team environment in which to work.
The hardest part of the job was trying to manage the computer systems when they went down and try to effectively manage the paperwork until the computers were back up and functioning.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of a fantastic team dedicated to the most important person we served, that is the patient and making them feel important and well cared for at all times.
Pros
great coworkers and benefits plan
Cons
no job opportunities for promotion within department at the time i was employed there
co-workers
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2015
They are fun and easy to work with! Also we look out for each other no matter what.
Busy
Emergency Room Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Working in a trauma center is not for everyone or the faint at heart it will for sure keep you on your feet and busy.
some good qualities
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  tucson,azJanuary 7, 2015
There is ups and downs just like in any other job. I would work the night shift and we would do blood draws, take vitals on patients, make sure bedding on patients beds was clean and several other duties.I learned out of this experience that this was not a good fit for me. Management is hard to get a hold of and does not make themselves available.The most enjoyable part was getting to meet different patients and having a impact on their lives.
Pros
patients
Cons
under staffed
This is a great place to gain knowledge and experience in the Medical Field
Enrollment Services Supervisor Patient Financial (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 30, 2014
I would recommend this employer to other applicants because it is a great work environment. Typical work days are busy yet productive. Management does work with your schedule and reasonable.
Working in a fast paced environment helping others.
Administrative Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 28, 2014
Working at night in the emergency room was another job that I totally enjoyed. Helping the doctors, nurses and those in need from other departments was fulfilling. The most enjoyable part of that job was working with my co-workers. Helping those who could not read, those who were homeless and those who could not speak English was another rewarding part of my job. This job also helped me to learn a lot when it cam to helping others. This was the type of job that made one put themselves on the side line to tend to others first. The hardest part of my job was leaving. Although going to school was very rewarding, I still felt a type of emptiness.
Pros
working with the doctors and nurses.
Cons
leaving umc
not good
Amber Lights SRG Senior Living Community (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
well they hire me as production cook and than pot me on the line cook with 1 person and kitchen busy busy busy and i have other job too so i dont have time to rest so i quite at hospital and i find better job and everyday a lot of people called and i have to wor all day
Poorly funded facility
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2014
As many people need this facility due to low income, etc, the county should invest more money in this facility.
Friendly co-workers
Unit Clerk in Trauma Unit & Pediatric E.R. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2014
Entering orders for physicians, admitting and discharging patients, Admitting patients to medical units, answering telephones, computer data entry, compiling patient information into physical charts and breaking them down for storage upon discharge, organizing and repairing nursing station clerical equipment, greeting hospital visitors and assisting them appropriately and ordering supplies for units.
Staff Nurse in Adult Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 21, 2014
Co-workers very good at what they do. They are willing to work overtime if the need arises.
I love medical records
Medical Records Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2014
Chart retrieval then on to more complex work. Prep, scan and Qc all charts for the day. Sometimes there are special projects and those are always fun to do. This job is very important for the hospital as well as the patient and all physicians. Our job is to make sure that all information is correct and all signatures have been accounted for one wrong sheet and the whole chart becomes wrong and a real bad mess to be fixed. Somedays it is puzzle after puzzle to solve. Very busy and always plenty to do. Great job to have had!
Pros
great work
Cons
management does not realize how much is involved with this job.