University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nice
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 8, 2016
The hospital has so many perks about being an employee. They have a cafeteria at site. The workers are really friendly and knowledgeable. The only down fall is this hospital pays very low since it is a county hospital and it is vey hard to move up the employment ladder.
UMC is a great place to work
Team Lead Therapy Services (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2016
I loved working with my staff members and management is great. I had the opportunity to work if different area's of the hospital, from OR Scheduling, BMT adults and pediatric oncology to Therapy services. I enjoyed my time working and would consider working for them again in the future.
Great team work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 16, 2016
Co-workers worked well as a team. Management was always organized and uniform. I learned most of my skills in nursing working here. The hardest part was the lack of communication with other parts of the healthcare team.
ER Admitting
Emergency Department Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 7, 2016
The position is very fast paced with its ups and downs. You work very close with the Hospital staff, EMS and the Police. You register walk in patients, patients brought thru EMS and Police as well. Collect all demographics, insurance and signatures - It can be difficult but very rewarding as well
Pros
the close relationships you build as well as knowledge
Cons
not as set schedule as promised and short staffed
Excellent work environment
Patient Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 27, 2016
Management at University Medical Center provided all their employees with the training necessary to accomplish to their full potential.
If there is no other place to go
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 13, 2016
Not my favorite place to work as a R.T. the staff is overly over worked with poor compensation. It has been sold and resold multiple times with no true guidance in it's future.
Pros
I'm not there anymore
Cons
The fear of going back
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 12, 2016
Upper management has employees in their best interest and strive to make the work place the best it can be! Co-workers are great team players. Flexible scheduling is the best!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great place to learn and advance
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed my tenure at UMMC. It's a great place to learn and grow. The staff is caring and kind. We worked as a team and that made working easy.
Daily challenges, great work place.
Chef/Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2016
everyday is a challenge, new recipes, new technics, manage a great group of person, the hands on i think was the best part of my job there.
The best physicians
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2016
Professional knowledgeable staff. Best Trauma Center, Brown Cancer Center, teaching hospital. Friendly staff, clean environment. Co-workers are the best. The hardest part is not every outcome is the best but you learn something positive from everyone you come in contact with.
great company
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 11, 2016
I have worked for UMC twice and have loved it both time! The management is great and so is the teamwork. I highly recommend this company!
Mismanagement from the top
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
It was hard to see how much time and money was wasted due to the way the Hospital was funded. Resources were constantly pulled from one direction and thrown at non-impactful projects while other issues continued to fester in the shadows.
low pay
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 26, 2016
this job does not pay well. you will not be able to feed you family, however it does have security. and you can retire from here. benifts are good
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 9, 2016
Great place to work met new people and learned a lot about patients. I love what I do. The environment was everything and more.
excellent learning experinece
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 7, 2016
allowed much experience and exposure to all facets of inpatient and intensive outpatient psychiatric care. This company also allowed access to rehabilitation services and general medical care services.
Pros
multidiscipinary treatment team
Cons
salary
Doctors are superb, professional and trustworkthy
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2016
Enjoyed being employed, company benefits are great, but because of turnover of management, the company did not do good with finances. Management did not work professionally, and finances started to deteriorate.
Pros
nice benefits and employees are friendly and happy
Cons
poor management
Great Company
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 16, 2016
University Medical Center's (UMC) commitment to their motto "Service is our Passion" is definitely shown. They support their staff and allow for a great working environment that leads to healthcare that often goes and above and beyond the normal experience. UMC was a phenomenal company to work for.
Surgery
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2016
Oriantation was amazing wonderful upbeat staff learned alot felt like I new where to go in need of assistance. Department oriantation was very informative felt up to date on procedures and paper work. Unfortunately to much department gossip accusations and favoritism. Back stabbing and twisted stories and stereotyping. Staff that have been there for 20 years never give new employees a chance to excel as being threatened by new educational procedures and new flow. Unfortunately in the state of Nevada a company can separate there employment with no reason as I was given based on there personal opinion I was not fit. This is my personal experience and others may have a different view but I believe it depends on department and management. Also as a union Hospital you have choices, as I felt I didn't because one of my choices given was not the right one what was better for my family and that didn't work for management.
Pros
Orginized Clean educational value
Cons
Gossip accusations stereotyping and No Choice
fun and friendly emviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2016
Responsible for safety and security of staff,patients, and visitors in a hospital environment. fire prevention,loss prevention of hospital equipment
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
low wages
Chaos
Patient Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2016
Overall a decent hospital employees making serious errors with patient accounts and patients care. Leadership is okay could be improved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University Medical Center Reviews by Location