University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Quick pace
Patient Access Associate ER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79905October 3, 2017
This job is a quick pace job and is very demanding and must be able to multitask. Changes are always occurring and you have to be very open minded and ready for any change.
Dedicated Nurses
Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2017
I learned to care for critical patients in a busy environment, but worked with highly skilled staff who were excellent in providing top level care. Wonderful place to learn on the job.
poor
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 2, 2017
company is poorly ran. There are minimal raises given, no real growth advancement. Management is sub par. Very unfortunate. Hopefully with the penn merger things will get better.
Productive work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 2, 2017
University Medical Center was a very interesting place to work. Lots of high quality technology for the patients. Business always, with lots of trained professionals. I started as a sitter and within a few months was promoted to Patient Care Technician, which means theres aways room for growth. University Medical Center is also a hospital that believes in contined education.
Pros
Parking for employees
Cons
No LPN's in hospital
Na
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85714October 2, 2017
It was great. Learned a lot from management on various roles which allowed me to grow more professionally. It was a nice environment, relaxed and great opportunity for growth.
My E.R. Exsperience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2017
It gets really intense in here at times I don't use my medical assistant skills as much as I would like to but I wouldn't change this for the world.. I've have learned how to draw blood from i.v. line..
Pros
Free amenties
I am not employed by UMC
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 1, 2017
I am currently a volunteer at UMC, not employed. My experience from volunteering as a transporter has been amazing. We interact with many patients and I get to not only see how transporters work but the nurses and physicians.
worked with school
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Worked with school, learned a lot. People called in a lot so I was always working others shifts, On weekends I would cover the entire hospital by myself.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
People were always calling in so had to cover shifts
Security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoy working with the direct people I work with. I appreciate the time I have been given to work here. I love to be able to work with different ideas from a diverse group of people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
opportunities could be better
Rehab center
RN STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 16, 2017
Staff caring and patient focused, good work/life balance with staff willing to trade days if needed. Physically demanding and difficult. OT and PT staff completely patient focused and work as a team with Nursing.
Great place to work Great people
Systems Operations/Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I miss my days working at University Medical Center. It was somewhat laid back and fun place to work. So many great people and everyone was always in a good mood. Just do your job and it is great place to work with great benefits!
Pros
Medical Insurance is second to none, fun and friendly people
Cons
Office space is tight, some managers need more people skills
no complaints
Phlebotomist- Venipuncture (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 13, 2017
help patients get well, meet different people, learn about healthcare and medical procedures. it is fast-pace, and sometimes stressfull, but it is to help someone get better.
Pros
the shift
Cons
nothing
Great experience as a new grad
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Linda, CASeptember 12, 2017
I started a LLUMC as a new nurse. It is a 7 day Adventist Health Center. It is a training hospital for multiple health careers. I worked with adult ambulatory, medical surgical, intensive care, post anesthesia care patients. It is an ideal place to work for new grads. I participated in transfusions, iv therapy, post surgical procedures................
Pros
Training Hospital
Cons
Not enough staff
Educative, Challenging, and Rewarding.
Monitor Technician/Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
My work consist of multitasking with various bouts with social interaction and patient contact. The floor ambience is a very diverse unit and it requires patience and discipline. What makes my job most enjoyable is seeing patients be at ease and recover from whatever their aliments are. The hardest part for me is not being a part of good teamwork. Having a good team makes for a huge difference.
Great hospital to work for and great city to gain valuable experience
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Working here was a real blessing because it was so diverse and it is a huge hospital where everyday is a new challenge and you are constantly learning new things. People are friendly and courteous.
Pros
great food and food discounts
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Coder Abstractor Outpatient (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 11, 2017
University Medical Center is an outstanding place to work for. I started straight out of college and was very fortune to get hired right away with this amazing opportunity. I am very grateful. It was a struggle finding a career with my degree, but UMC gave me a chance. I have learned so much!
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Not enough PTO
Poor management
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJSeptember 9, 2017
They are flying by the seat of their pants! Favoritism a huge problem here. No respect for long term, well experienced and loyal employees. This is a very stressful, anxiety producing work environment. Fear of job loss extremely high.
benefits
Cons
mismanagement
overall working for the U is wonderful
Physcian Schedular III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 6, 2017
UMC is a very nice, safe, clean enviroment to work in. everyday is different, we always strive in patient care. i enjoy my job because everyday i see and learn new things. it has been a wonderful experience
Pros
understanding supervisers
Cons
n/a
fast paced enviroment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2017
as a patient financial rep i was responsible for many accounts and learned a lot about insurance cut offs and benefits. The hardest part about my job was working with out of state insurance claims that were more than two years old
Coding Supervisor
Health Information Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 5, 2017
The job in itself was pretty good. I enjoyed coding inpatient and outpatient at the time. I learned a lot about coding and managing employees. Management was good. The hardest part of the job was supervising employees. The most enjoyable part was pulling together to solve an issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.