University Medical Center Employee Reviews

High quality and excellent culture
Assistant Director Resource Pool/Nurse Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 11, 2012
UMC is a great place to work. The patient is the center of focus and everyone goes above and beyond to make sure they receive excellent care. Employees are friendly with each other and with visitors and greet each other as they go about their day. Teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center so there is always something to learn!
Pros
culture, support from managment
general
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2012
Too many patients over a day to take care of with admissions and discharges which create unsafe conditions...learned a new computer program in Powerchart...management again not always easy to talk to....co workers tend to be back stabbing with clicks...12 hour shifts....most enjoyable part would be patients and family
Pros
pay is good
Cons
most of the time no time for breaks or lunch
great place to work
Radiology Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2014
Working for University medical center has been an awesome experiance. I have learned many skills that i will take with me.
such as patient care, customer service, the ability to quickly learn and use new software, organizational skills, how to coordinate between technitions, nurses and doctors to ensure patients get exams quickly and efficeintly in a fast pace enviroment.
Fast pace work place , and fun
Data Entry Clerk/Inventory (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 18, 2012
I learned alot of thing that i didint think that i was capable of performing. Thanks to the people there I was trained correctly and also applied the skills that i already knew. The co workers were fun to work with never a dull moment in the office. I enjoyed
Pros
the work setting was perfect
Cons
i knew that they started doing a budget cut and would be the first in like due to seniority
Over all a good place to work
LPN, charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 30, 2013
The hours are good, the place is clean and well decorated, I enjoy my pt's. The co-workers are like family. The hardest part is seeing people not willing to take responsibilty for there health and where it leads them. I love it when pt's tell you haow much the appreciate what you do for them and for being concerned about there health
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
poor communication
Great place to work, if you like to keep busy this is the place to be.
Staff Nurse - Couplet Care-FBCC (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2013
Worked night shift, busy unit, co-workers supportive and good team work. Management supportive and listens to what you have to say. UMC is the County Hospital for Las Vegas so wide variety of patients from different walks of life.
Pros
cafeteria avail at night for staff, great benefits.
Cons
at times nurse to patient ratios high.
Positive work enviornment
Guest Service Security Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 13, 2015
Supervising a team of officers who are motivated, attentive and willing to get the job done. I have learned alot from working with the different diverse groups of associates, patients and doctors. The hardest part of my job here at UMC is nothing. I am use to securing and protecting people and property.
Pros
Medical Field of work
Cons
Nothing at this time
Great Team Suport.
Tucson AZ (Former Employee) –  Suspension ClerkNovember 4, 2011
Not only was I an employee of University Medical Center, But at one time also a patient. Being a patient showed me how caring and compassionate the Doctors and staff are. As an employee I was given the opportunity to take extra classes to improve my working ability to be able to do several jobs in my department.
Pros
secure parking.
Cons
to close to the morgue.
Review
Histotechnician/Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2012
Nice place to work and interesting people to work with. I was an intern at the time so I didn't get to interupt them to often and ask them if I could do more work than what was offer, i.e it was hard to learn when everyone was busy just working.
Pros
its a great place that provides good quality work
Cons
people are not very open minded to new employees
Loved this company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2015
Working for UMC (now Banner) was on of the best jobs I have ever had. All the employees got along and made each and every shift enjoyable. I like my job and co workers so much that I used to work 6 days a week, sometimes more. Would go back in a heartbeat!!
Not a Midwifery Practice
Certified Nurse-Midwife (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 17, 2015
This job was not as advertised. They want people to work in their TitleX STI clinic and practice cookbook medicine. Clinicians were treated poorly. There were no offices or places to work or make calls. Management was non clinician. I took over 5 months to get credentialed.
Pros
Cons
terrible working conditions, no respect for providers
A few bad apples ....
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 24, 2013
Most of the people there are great to work with and do their best to make the company better. Worked PCU/ICU. It seemed like staff members as a group had to answer for the actions of a few individuals. Very difficult to change shifts or departments/units
Pros
good skill-building expierence
Cons
impossible to changefrom nights to days.
Study work
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2015
I've learned how to deal with a lot of different types of people. I'm thankful that I've been able to have a job in this economic time. I have had to become a better phlebotomist in order to give the patients what they need.
Pros
Regular days off, great co-workers.
Cons
Very stressful in what is required of you.
Lots of departments to branch out into in RNing
Staff RN Peds (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2014
I enjoyed being able to work in a variety of departments and grew quite a bit as an RN here. This was a while ago, but comparatively, you will get paid less here because the mentality at this hospital is that it is the employees PRIVILEGE to work for such a "prestigious" facility.
Great Hospital
INSURANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work. It is a learning facility. I have meet knew friends here. It has a great support staff available for every need. Everyone works as a team all over to get the job done. Great place to move up in a different position if you desire.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Seeing so many illnesses
Exciting environment, but wanting Part Time hours
Not Disclosing (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasJune 2, 2015
Answer the phone calls
I feel like I've learned so much through working at UMC. I never really knew all the behind the scenes and how employees were paid and transferred to different departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see what happens day to day with employees.
not good
Amber Lights SRG Senior Living Community (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
well they hire me as production cook and than pot me on the line cook with 1 person and kitchen busy busy busy and i have other job too so i dont have time to rest so i quite at hospital and i find better job and everyday a lot of people called and i have to wor all day
Friendly co-workers
Unit Clerk in Trauma Unit & Pediatric E.R. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2014
Entering orders for physicians, admitting and discharging patients, Admitting patients to medical units, answering telephones, computer data entry, compiling patient information into physical charts and breaking them down for storage upon discharge, organizing and repairing nursing station clerical equipment, greeting hospital visitors and assisting them appropriately and ordering supplies for units.
Very busy work day doing work orders and monthly preventative maintenance.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 17, 2015
Older building with a small shop and not enough mechanics to cover all areas. Co workers are great to work. The hardest part of the job is being on call every other week from Monday to the following Monday.
Pros
learning new equipment
Cons
long drive to work when on call
Can be a nice place to work if you like stress.
Eligibility Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2013
I work for a department that is extremely micromanaged. The management are really not interested in the human component of the department only the bottom line. I really love working with my coworkers as they make it bearable and share in the work.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
micromanagement