University Physicians, Inc

University Physicians, Inc United States Employee Reviews

Good place to work and get some good experience
Application Analyst (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 10, 2014
Pros: good compensation and bonuses every year
Cons: some area of billing arr dept needs to be less micro management
I am so pleased the I was given a chance to work with University Physicians,Inc. In Colorado. This place helps me grow and learn new things in healthcare business and I had a very nice manager that was not a micro management, not looking over my shoulders all the time and trusted me to work on my own in my own pace and knowledge.
Productive and fun atmosphere with excellent management
Quality Control (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, holidays, co-workers, management, could work independently
Cons: monthly paycheck
I was at University Physicians, Inc. for 8 years and I learned a lot about medical coding in each position that I held there. It was a fun environment to work in with different personalities that meshed well. The supervisors and management team was the best that I've ever worked with, always willing to teach and spend time with you making sure to allow you to expand your mind and skills. Very professional, yet personal, and there was always room for advancement. My co-workers were amazing! I had a chance to build beautiful friendships, not just peers that I worked with. We were a team, and we supported each other on both the business and personal levels. The human resources department was also efficient and made you feel like you were an important asset to the company. I experienced some personal losses while working there and the support and love that I received from everyone was overwhelming and I knew that it was genuine.
Overall experience
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, COMay 12, 2014
Pros: excellent incentive program
Cons: long hours
Overall, this has been a great place to work. I have been awarded the opportunity to be exposed to several different working areas. There is no typical day for me. Everyday is a new experience. I work with a great group of individuals. The Management team collaborates well together. We each bring our own ideas to the table. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work each day with the same objective in mind as the team.
This is a higher education company. Potential for movement if you have extended education.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: you get great exposure to other affiliated entities.
Cons: no potential to move upward.
Good company to work for although very little growth potential. Continuous change in higher managment.
I first learned about ICD.9 coding that grow my interest.
Outpatient Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2013
My typical day began with checking the patients in for inpatient and outpatient clinic. I learned about the different attiudes with personal. How to adjust and calm the situation, mangement was a Most of my co-workers look to me to calm patients and find missing or misplaced documents. I didn't find anything hard everything was a learning experience. My most enjoyable part was meeting and helping people who didn't understand or had to wait alittle more then usual. A smile goes along way.
The worst place I ever worked
EMR Specialist (Former Employee), TechnolgoyOctober 6, 2013
Pros: harrasement
Cons: harrasement
Girls club. The typical day was a panic attack of who would throw me under the buss. I was the only male on my team. Managers didn't follow up on issues related to harassment. If you are a male, don't even bother.
Not very flexible
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: no comment.
I was hired on a part-time basis as a Medical Secretary, but I was basically an office assistant/gopher. I was hired to work approximately 15-20 hours a week. This worked out nicely for me, since I had a two month old infant at home at the time of my hire, and he had medical issues that required frequent doctor visits.
A typical day at work for me included walking around the University of Maryland campus to pick things up and drop things off. I also stamped outgoing mail, sorted incoming mail, typed correspondence, and I occasionally assisted in typing patients' diagnostic reports.
The hardest part of the job was when five or six people from different parts of the office would bring me their work to help them with and then harass me when I didn't have it finished in a certain amount of time.
After approximately nine months at this position, I was asked by my supervisor if I could increase my hours. I said I was not available to increase my hours at that time, due to my baby still requiring frequent doctor visits. Shortly thereafter, I was called into my supervisor's office and informed that I was replaced in favor of another individual who had a greater availability.
Very productive
Medical Secretary - Otolaryngology (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandAugust 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
Scheduled patients' appointments and verified insurance information. Worked with a population of moderate to low income patients. I learned alot about the processes of insurance verification and what a patient has to go through to get seen by a physician. Co-workers were pleasant and everyone was a teamplayer. Management could get some updated training skills in management and how to interact with their staff and become a real team player and have trust in the people they hire.
Business Relations Lead
Expert (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 20, 2012
Pros: incentive
Cons: micro managing, poor trust from managers, bad management.
Worked accounts. Worked with clinics. Developed plans and stategeis for clinics to succeed.
VERY BUSY WORK PLACE
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2012
UPI IS A VERY BUSY WORKPLACE. THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS TAKING CARE OF MY PATIENT. MANAGEMENT IS NOT ALL SO WELL BUT I LOVE MY COWORKERS.
Productive and room to grow.
Patient Account Representative lll (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2012
Pros: close to variety of restaurants.
Cons: paying for parking
A typical day at work involves communicating with various customer service representatives to capture full revenue.
Wonderful people to work with. Multiple directions to be taken.
Certified Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, CoMarch 7, 2012
Pros: free education, assistance preparing for the aapc tests, pays for the yearly aapc membership
Cons: tends to "eat" through it's staffing.
The job itself was very rewarding,
Compensation for work very nice.
HR does not do justice to the company in helping it's employees.