University Physicians, Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Director Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
This was a great place to work! I would still be there, but the position was eliminated. Your input was asked and valued. There was a team environment to work project.
Advancement is scarce
Just another Schmuck (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 31, 2016
No advancement, no use of current technologies, no training except on employee dime. A good place to kill your career. Office politics are incredible.
Great Company
Manager, Network Development, Statewide (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 27, 2016
The department I worked in was excellent. The best part of the job is that the director allowed you to do your job and there was no micromanagement.
Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 2, 2016
This company offers great benefits and a lot of opportunities to advance if your supervisor will release you from your current position. There is a lot of opportunity for personal growth and education. Diverse group of co-workers makes the job more enjoyable. It's all about medical administration.
Absolutely horrible!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2016
This place has no organization! Management is terrible and doesn't appreciate their employees! Pay isn't all that great either!
Cons
Horrible Management, not so great pay, not flexible
Excellence!
IS Business Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 8, 2016
I've been with University Physicians, Inc. for almost 6 years now and from day 1 it has been nothing but an amazing experience. Company is very innovative, fast paced and focused on providing excellent services to our Providers/patients. Excellent training opportunities are always available and management always puts a lot of value in their employees and their development...to simply say; there's a reason why many employees have been at UPI for over 10-25 years. If you are a person that remains driven and carries a positive can do attitude this is the right place for you.
Pros
Competitive salary, benefits, training opportunities, fun festive company events, great management and many opportunities to grow.
Cons
The construction work around Anschutz Medical Campus right now.
Worst place ever
pt rep (Former Employee) –  baltimore,mdDecember 15, 2014
was forced to work with a racists person who made the office dynamic change and when complanits were made nothing was done. Was subjected to an employee with the shingles being allowed to remain at work and told that of I didn't like it to go home. The multiple levels of management there have favorites and they show it
Good place to work and get some good experience
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 10, 2014
I am so pleased the I was given a chance to work with University Physicians,Inc. In Colorado. This place helps me grow and learn new things in healthcare business and I had a very nice manager that was not a micro management, not looking over my shoulders all the time and trusted me to work on my own in my own pace and knowledge.
Pros
Good compensation and bonuses every year
Cons
Some area of Billing ARR dept needs to be less micro management
Productive and fun atmosphere with excellent management
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 5, 2014
I was at University Physicians, Inc. for 8 years and I learned a lot about medical coding in each position that I held there. It was a fun environment to work in with different personalities that meshed well. The supervisors and management team was the best that I've ever worked with, always willing to teach and spend time with you making sure to allow you to expand your mind and skills. Very professional, yet personal, and there was always room for advancement. My co-workers were amazing! I had a chance to build beautiful friendships, not just peers that I worked with. We were a team, and we supported each other on both the business and personal levels. The human resources department was also efficient and made you feel like you were an important asset to the company. I experienced some personal losses while working there and the support and love that I received from everyone was overwhelming and I knew that it was genuine.
Pros
Atmosphere, holidays, co-workers, management, could work independently
Cons
monthly paycheck
Overall experience
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 12, 2014
Overall, this has been a great place to work. I have been awarded the opportunity to be exposed to several different working areas. There is no typical day for me. Everyday is a new experience. I work with a great group of individuals. The Management team collaborates well together. We each bring our own ideas to the table. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work each day with the same objective in mind as the team.
Pros
Excellent incentive program
Cons
This is a higher education company. Potential for movement if you have extended education.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2014
Good company to work for although very little growth potential. Continuous change in higher managment.
Pros
You get great exposure to other affiliated entities.
Cons
No potential to move upward.
I first learned about ICD.9 coding that grow my interest.
Outpatient Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2013
My typical day began with checking the patients in for inpatient and outpatient clinic. I learned about the different attiudes with personal. How to adjust and calm the situation, mangement was a Most of my co-workers look to me to calm patients and find missing or misplaced documents. I didn't find anything hard everything was a learning experience. My most enjoyable part was meeting and helping people who didn't understand or had to wait alittle more then usual. A smile goes along way.
The worst place I ever worked
EMR Specialist (Former Employee) –  TechnolgoyOctober 6, 2013
Girls club. The typical day was a panic attack of who would throw me under the buss. I was the only male on my team. Managers didn't follow up on issues related to harassment. If you are a male, don't even bother.
Pros
Harrasement
Cons
Harrasement
Not very flexible
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2013
I was hired on a part-time basis as a Medical Secretary, but I was basically an office assistant/gopher. I was hired to work approximately 15-20 hours a week. This worked out nicely for me, since I had a two month old infant at home at the time of my hire, and he had medical issues that required frequent doctor visits.
A typical day at work for me included walking around the University of Maryland campus to pick things up and drop things off. I also stamped outgoing mail, sorted incoming mail, typed correspondence, and I occasionally assisted in typing patients' diagnostic reports.
The hardest part of the job was when five or six people from different parts of the office would bring me their work to help them with and then harass me when I didn't have it finished in a certain amount of time.
After approximately nine months at this position, I was asked by my supervisor if I could increase my hours. I said I was not available to increase my hours at that time, due to my baby still requiring frequent doctor visits. Shortly thereafter, I was called into my supervisor's office and informed that I was replaced in favor of another individual who had a greater availability.
Pros
none.
Cons
no comment.
Very productive
Medical Secretary - Otolaryngology (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandAugust 31, 2012
Scheduled patients' appointments and verified insurance information. Worked with a population of moderate to low income patients. I learned alot about the processes of insurance verification and what a patient has to go through to get seen by a physician. Co-workers were pleasant and everyone was a teamplayer. Management could get some updated training skills in management and how to interact with their staff and become a real team player and have trust in the people they hire.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Business Relations Lead
Expert (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 20, 2012
Worked accounts. Worked with clinics. Developed plans and stategeis for clinics to succeed.
Pros
incentive
Cons
micro managing, poor trust from managers, bad management.
Very busy work place
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2012
Upi is a very busy workplace. The best part of my job is taking care of my patient. Management is not all so well but I love my coworkers.
Productive and room to grow.
Patient Account Representative lll (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2012
A typical day at work involves communicating with various customer service representatives to capture full revenue.
Pros
close to variety of restaurants.
Cons
paying for parking
Wonderful people to work with. Multiple directions to be taken.
Certified Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CoMarch 7, 2012
The job itself was very rewarding,
Compensation for work very nice.
HR does not do justice to the company in helping it's employees.
Pros
free education, assistance preparing for the aapc tests, pays for the yearly aapc membership
Cons
tends to "eat" through it's staffing.