University Physicians Associates Employee Reviews

QUALITY CARE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 21, 2017
I enjoy working with this company. The staff is great and the pay is decent. Stress can be a common occurrence when working with payers, but that is typically the only stress that comes from this position.
Working with most of my co workers was great
Medical Accounts Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with my coworkes they where always helpful. Management was not very clear on what they wanted from us.
We seemed to complete our goals and that was a nice feeling.
Pros
co workers
Cons
having alot of benefits, but not being able to use time earned even for emergency situations.
Medical insurance A/R (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
You are on production. Managers are telling you what accounts to work on even if there are open claims in your batches, which effects your production. Getting into trouble over a word, this is being micro managed. Earning benefits such as sick time / PTO and not being able to use for emergencies.
Pros
able to take breaks during the day
Cons
poor communication
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2015
The day was typically good. The office was a little less busy than what I'm used to. My co-workers were excellent. The physicians were pleasant as well.
Pros
Learned a great deal while here
Cons
Parking situation
Excellent Company with great benifits.
Medical Receptionist/Registration (Former Employee) –  Louisville,KyJune 12, 2015
An experienced superivisor, able to explain information clearly, recognizie excellance inividuals, and inspire team members to achieve their potiental goals. Fast paced multitasking enviorment.
Stressful atmosphere
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work involves registering and triages patients. Administrative and clinical duties. I work with 4 other certified medical assistants. Our scheduled duties change daily. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the insurance companies. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is my direct interaction with the patient. The only thing I have learned is how to register patients.
Pros
Healthcare, schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement, unsanitary conditions, office equipment in poor condition
Busy, always learning in the forever changing world of healthcare
Temp (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 20, 2013
I enjoy working at the hospital. The busy atmosphere and seriousness of what you do makes you feel needed.
Cons
No job advancement
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 20, 2013
I learned a lot about patient care. How to do different procedures and test on patients.
I did not feel this job meet my needs.
Medical Billing/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2012
I really looked forward to working for this company, and doing my best. I thought everything was fine, till one day they just let me go. I see a very high turnover with this company as well. I'm very easy to get along with, and learn things very easily. It just did not work out for either of us.
Cons
lots of turnover