University Settlement Employee Reviews

okay work place
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
after school program working with kids. it was okay but wasn't the best. my co workers were great to work with but supervisor wasn't to great.
had no structure and everything wasn't fully planned.
Pros
no lunch breaks
Cons
couldn't really eat much
Organization working to improve
Mound STEM School Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2016
My time was limited and the only structure provided is what I created. The organization has taken on a responsibility that it doesnt have the bandwith to support
Pros
regular pot lucks
Cons
Expensive health care
Opportunity
Youth worker (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYSeptember 19, 2016
The university gives you a chance to learn, make friends, contacts and get a job by the end of the program. It's a good opportunity to advance your career.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2016
Worked with great staff and Administration. The children where fun and loving. The hardest part was not enough time to do all the thinks we needed to do. the best part was teaching the children
University Settlement
Counselor for summer camp youth, ages (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 27, 2016
Summer counselor for groups of kids ages 8-12 years old. Learned patience and how to enforce all rules and procedures to ensure the safety and good experiences for the kids.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2015
A typical day for me at work is paperwork and lunch counts.
My co workers make my day and the most hardest part of my job is getting surprise visits from DOE and/or DYCD. The most enjoyable part of my day is the children. Seeing them playing and enjoying their time in after school.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Trips
Life Changing Experience
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2015
University Settlement is an amazing place to work, and I would recommed this job to any who wish to change the lives of young adults.
i loved my job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2015
i was able to learn my city i loved working with the kids that i picked up and dropped off i loved when the summer came and we had new kids i got to learn new ways to deal with my own kids
Excellent place for atmosphere.
Medical Biller Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
My days consisted of reviewing doctor sessions and verifying to be put on a medical manager system online.

I learned a lot about detail, reading through various handwriting and checking for any error on submitted reviews.

Management was on point, everyone would come into the office at a timely fashion and start work. They all had assigned work and if anything was needed, I would be glad to help if I was not under much work load.

I enjoyed being a part of such a great organization. I worked for the early intervention section which gave me perspective of all the children and familes in need of coverage and professional help. It made me so pleased to see how many helping hands were there; it was truly rewarding to make certain sessions can be verified and insurance calls can be made out to the families.
Pros
lenient lunch breaks, ability to work in peace and efficiently
Enjoy the atmosphere and inneracting with the clients!
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Talking and getting insight from my elders is intriguing and inspirational! The way most of them view life is amazing and their stories are interesting!
very resourceful
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Receptionist for main office and satellite site location; greeted visitors and directed them to destination
Completed intake for food pantry services
Assisted with holiday and events planning
Maintained agency events calendars
Answering phones and transferring calls accordingly
Assisted program clients with finding and accessing community services
Flexible and easy going environment
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2015
On a typical day I would arrive and meet with the programs manager to discuss which clients we will be meeting with today. I would take a couple trips to the shelters to meet with clients as well as meet with clients and landlords to discuss the lease. I have learned about many of the problems that may lead an individual to become homeless as well as the obstacles that need to be passed in order to find a new home. The hardest part is finding new landlords who are willing to accept individuals who may have a record, evictions, or utility debt. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is move out day for clients who have signed a lease on a new home. The management and coworkers are easy to get along with and are always willing to provide learning opportunities.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Little space
productive and good place to learn help with the community
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2014
greeted clients and guest, answered phones filing and document creating for business meeting made travel arrangements helped with community fundraisers and inventory
Courteous and Team Oriented Agency
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2014
Providing advocacy to client's on a daily basis, building a rapport with every consumer, and providing great customer service.
This was my best job ever.
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  New York CityNovember 7, 2014
I truly loved working at this job. I love reaching out to my clients and informing them about the classes we were about to have the following week and setting up the menu for that day. Great job, didn't like the fact that it had to end.
Pros
Loved the job
Excellent Work environment, growth opportunity
Intern in Finance (Current Employee) –  184 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002October 15, 2014
I have been working there only for 5 months, but it so far has been a great experience. Coworkers are friendly, and management very approachable.
Fun place to work with great students
Teacher, English as a Second Language (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
*Management helpful, approachable, friendly
*Students are dedicated
Great work place but don't have stable financial
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Great place to start a career but not a place you can really growth.
I loved working here
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2014
it was the best volunteer job ever. i went on outside trips and got along with the workers
Pros
i got to enjoy my summer
Cons
there wasnt any
working in side a school and community center
Senior Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn ,Ny,11201March 3, 2014
working with kids helping them learn, helping kids understand they homework.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Settlement. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3