University Settlement Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place for atmosphere.
Medical Biller Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
My days consisted of reviewing doctor sessions and verifying to be put on a medical manager system online.

I learned a lot about detail, reading through various handwriting and checking for any error on submitted reviews.

Management was on point, everyone would come into the office at a timely fashion and start work. They all had assigned work and if anything was needed, I would be glad to help if I was not under much work load.

I enjoyed being a part of such a great organization. I worked for the early intervention section which gave me perspective of all the children and familes in need of coverage and professional help. It made me so pleased to see how many helping hands were there; it was truly rewarding to make certain sessions can be verified and insurance calls can be made out to the families.
Pros
lenient lunch breaks, ability to work in peace and efficiently
Challenging, fun and eductional
Senior Center (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work very Challenging, I deal with a lot of different personalities from Older Adults (Senior citizen). Most are good and some bad. I've learn alot of different cultures and languages (not fluently of course). With management and co-workers wroking as a team it all comes together with no worries at the end of a shift. Sometimes the hardest part of my job is if one my clients is injured needing medical attention, when there is so little to do when looking at someone in pain. The best part of my job is when at the end of the day I know I helped someone in need
Pros
good food
Cons
sick clients
Flexible and easy going environment
Internship Student (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2015
On a typical day I would arrive and meet with the programs manager to discuss which clients we will be meeting with today. I would take a couple trips to the shelters to meet with clients as well as meet with clients and landlords to discuss the lease. I have learned about many of the problems that may lead an individual to become homeless as well as the obstacles that need to be passed in order to find a new home. The hardest part is finding new landlords who are willing to accept individuals who may have a record, evictions, or utility debt. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is move out day for clients who have signed a lease on a new home. The management and coworkers are easy to get along with and are always willing to provide learning opportunities.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
little space
Grassroots Nonprofit Community Center
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2012
University Settlement is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the benefits are competitive. The work environment provides a sense of purpose to creating a true community feel. However within each program there is little room for growth and you can possibly end up in a silo.
Pros
working with wonderful families, relaxed work environment
Cons
low pay, and little room for growth
productive and good place to learn help with the community
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2014
greeted clients and guest, answered phones filing and document creating for business meeting made travel arrangements helped with community fundraisers and inventory
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2015
A typical day for me at work is paperwork and lunch counts.
My co workers make my day and the most hardest part of my job is getting surprise visits from DOE and/or DYCD. The most enjoyable part of my day is the children. Seeing them playing and enjoying their time in after school.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Trips
Great work place, flexible and great benefits
Children's Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
I enjoy my job because I like what I do. I am in the field most of the day visiting clients and advocating related services for their well being. I like the flexibility that comes with the job. I get along well with all colleagues and administrative staff. We have staff meeting and supervision bi-weekly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with non compliant client's. Overall I have developed a good rapport with everyone on my caseload and other service providers as well. I am seeking change because I no longer wish to do field work as I have been doing this for over ten years.
Pros
cell phones, monthly metrocards, many acalades.
Cons
no room for growth and salary doesn't increase
Fun and safe environment with a chance to interact with children
Senior Group Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2012
The most enjoyable part about the job is watching the progress the children make while the hardest part might as well be finding a way to reach all the children. Its an almost family oriented setting between co-workers and management. Two things this job teaches you is patience and leadership. A typical day at work entails feeding the children supper followed by homework help and then ending the day with team building activities.
very Professional and fun environment
Group Leader/K-5th Grade (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYOctober 24, 2012
A typical day at work is taking the kids to supper, then go over lession plans, Play games, and then assist children with home-work.
Through out this experienceI i learn how to deal with kids of different ages and how to be better at what I do.Management was very fair, My co-worker was very very helpful and was always there to assist you in whatever you are not comfortable with the hardest part of my job was leaving , I enjoyed every day spent with those kids.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Life Changing Experience
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2015
University Settlement is an amazing place to work, and I would recommed this job to any who wish to change the lives of young adults.
i loved my job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2015
i was able to learn my city i loved working with the kids that i picked up and dropped off i loved when the summer came and we had new kids i got to learn new ways to deal with my own kids
Excellent Work environment, growth opportunity
Intern in Finance (Current Employee) –  184 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002October 15, 2014
I have been working there only for 5 months, but it so far has been a great experience. Coworkers are friendly, and management very approachable.
Fun place to work with great students
Teacher, English as a Second Language (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
*Management helpful, approachable, friendly
*Students are dedicated
very resourceful
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Receptionist for main office and satellite site location; greeted visitors and directed them to destination
Completed intake for food pantry services
Assisted with holiday and events planning
Maintained agency events calendars
Answering phones and transferring calls accordingly
Assisted program clients with finding and accessing community services
Great work place but don't have stable financial
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Great place to start a career but not a place you can really growth.
Enjoy the atmosphere and inneracting with the clients!
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Talking and getting insight from my elders is intriguing and inspirational! The way most of them view life is amazing and their stories are interesting!
This was my best job ever.
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  New York CityNovember 7, 2014
I truly loved working at this job. I love reaching out to my clients and informing them about the classes we were about to have the following week and setting up the menu for that day. Great job, didn't like the fact that it had to end.
Pros
loved the job
Great place to work. My position was as a consultant.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2013
The environment was very relaxed and family oriented. The staff consisted of college students and everyone worked well together. The company did a lot of social responsibility events for the urban community where their office is located. Alll employees contributed their time and talents beyond the call of du ty.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
late hours
Courteous and Team Oriented Agency
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2014
Providing advocacy to client's on a daily basis, building a rapport with every consumer, and providing great customer service.
productive and fun ,fast pace enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
this company that i work for was really cool i got to meet new people and elderly people at that! they showed me that with just a smile can make a bigger an brighter day
Pros
free lunch, great people to work with
Cons
short break

4.4