University Settlement

University Settlement Employee Reviews

very resourceful
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Receptionist for main office and satellite site location; greeted visitors and directed them to destination
Completed intake for food pantry services
Assisted with holiday and events planning
Maintained agency events calendars
Answering phones and transferring calls accordingly
Assisted program clients with finding and accessing community services
Flexible and easy going environment
Internship Student (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: little space
On a typical day I would arrive and meet with the programs manager to discuss which clients we will be meeting with today. I would take a couple trips to the shelters to meet with clients as well as meet with clients and landlords to discuss the lease. I have learned about many of the problems that may lead an individual to become homeless as well as the obstacles that need to be passed in order to find a new home. The hardest part is finding new landlords who are willing to accept individuals who may have a record, evictions, or utility debt. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is move out day for clients who have signed a lease on a new home. The management and coworkers are easy to get along with and are always willing to provide learning opportunities.
productive and good place to learn help with the community
Volunteer and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2014
greeted clients and guest, answered phones filing and document creating for business meeting made travel arrangements helped with community fundraisers and inventory
Courteous and Team Oriented Agency
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2014
Providing advocacy to client's on a daily basis, building a rapport with every consumer, and providing great customer service.
This was my best job ever.
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee), New York CityNovember 7, 2014
Pros: loved the job
I truly loved working at this job. I love reaching out to my clients and informing them about the classes we were about to have the following week and setting up the menu for that day. Great job, didn't like the fact that it had to end.
Excellent Work environment, growth opportunity
Intern in Finance (Current Employee), 184 Eldridge Street, New York, NY 10002October 15, 2014
I have been working there only for 5 months, but it so far has been a great experience. Coworkers are friendly, and management very approachable.
Fun place to work with great students
Teacher, English as a Second Language (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
*Management helpful, approachable, friendly
*Students are dedicated
Great work place but don't have stable financial
Program Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Great place to start a career but not a place you can really growth.
I loved working here
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: i got to enjoy my summer
Cons: there wasnt any
it was the best volunteer job ever. i went on outside trips and got along with the workers
working in side a school and community center
Senior Group Leader (Current Employee), Brooklyn ,Ny,11201March 3, 2014
working with kids helping them learn, helping kids understand they homework.
Volunteering work
PREP COOK (Former Employee), Cleveland,OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: working with senior citizen
Nice place to work at and to meet new people when working here
Great place to work. My position was as a consultant.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: comfortable environment
Cons: late hours
The environment was very relaxed and family oriented. The staff consisted of college students and everyone worked well together. The company did a lot of social responsibility events for the urban community where their office is located. Alll employees contributed their time and talents beyond the call of du ty.
energetic and productive work place
Front Desk/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: free trips and free food
Cons: summer outings were too hot
i enjoyed being employed at this particular job. i love kids and the smiles they have when having fun and feeling loved. If you were having a bad day seeing the kids made you happy again.
Great work place, flexible and great benefits
Children's Intensive Case Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: cell phones, monthly metrocards, many acalades.
Cons: no room for growth and salary doesn't increase
I enjoy my job because I like what I do. I am in the field most of the day visiting clients and advocating related services for their well being. I like the flexibility that comes with the job. I get along well with all colleagues and administrative staff. We have staff meeting and supervision bi-weekly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with non compliant client's. Overall I have developed a good rapport with everyone on my caseload and other service providers as well. I am seeking change because I no longer wish to do field work as I have been doing this for over ten years.
productive and fun ,fast pace enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great people to work with
Cons: short break
this company that i work for was really cool i got to meet new people and elderly people at that! they showed me that with just a smile can make a bigger an brighter day
Grassroots Nonprofit Community Center
Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2012
Pros: working with wonderful families, relaxed work environment
Cons: low pay, and little room for growth
University Settlement is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the benefits are competitive. The work environment provides a sense of purpose to creating a true community feel. However within each program there is little room for growth and you can possibly end up in a silo.
good work environment
Cook/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2012
Pros: short breaks
Cons: it was volunteer
go to work 8am i got to greet everyone how walked in the door and answer phone calls some times i would have to make a copy or a fax
very Professional and fun environment
Group Leader/K-5th Grade (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work is taking the kids to supper, then go over lession plans, Play games, and then assist children with home-work.
Through out this experienceI i learn how to deal with kids of different ages and how to be better at what I do.Management was very fair, My co-worker was very very helpful and was always there to assist you in whatever you are not comfortable with the hardest part of my job was leaving , I enjoyed every day spent with those kids.
Fun and safe environment with a chance to interact with children
Senior Group Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2012
The most enjoyable part about the job is watching the progress the children make while the hardest part might as well be finding a way to reach all the children. Its an almost family oriented setting between co-workers and management. Two things this job teaches you is patience and leadership. A typical day at work entails feeding the children supper followed by homework help and then ending the day with team building activities.
Challenging, fun and eductional
Senior Center (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 31, 2012
Pros: good food
Cons: sick clients
A typical day at work very Challenging, I deal with a lot of different personalities from Older Adults (Senior citizen). Most are good and some bad. I've learn alot of different cultures and languages (not fluently of course). With management and co-workers wroking as a team it all comes together with no worries at the end of a shift. Sometimes the hardest part of my job is if one my clients is injured needing medical attention, when there is so little to do when looking at someone in pain. The best part of my job is when at the end of the day I know I helped someone in need