University of Akron

University of Akron United States Employee Reviews

Productive and a very good working environment
Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: I have free tuition
I have developed very good interpersonal skills through assisting and relating to the undergraduate students and my colleagues. I also develop very strong communication skills through presentations and writing research papers and thesis.

My co-workers were very friendly and helpful; we were always ready to help each other when there is the need.

There most enjoyable part of my job is being there o to help the undergraduate students when they have difficulty in a class.
Institution to nurture your dreams
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 9, 2015
The faculty are well renowned. Research environment is ideal for Graduate students. The management is ready to help whenever you need.
Researcher in the Dept. of Polymer Science
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 27, 2015
During my time there, University of Akron's College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering was (and remains to be) a world renowned institution ranking in the top 5 polymer institutions in the world.
University of Akron is a Great Place to work
Assistant Director of Football Operations (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 16, 2015
University of Akron is a Great Place to work. Great environment and very motivated people at Akron. I highly suggest everyone gets a chance to work here.
Nice for a student job
Telecommunications Repair (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 8, 2015
I had this job while in high school, and it worked out for me then. Once I reached the college level, I knew it was time to find something else. They were accommodating to my school schedule, but when I needed time off for extra time on homework, or to study, it wasn't always granted. Also, the management at the time was horrendous. They didn't have any clue on what went on down in the pool area, and we were left to fend for ourselves. The aquatics management has always been fantastic, but as far as the front office management went, it could have been better. My fellow aquatics employees were the best, but the front office people were not involved in anything that went on in the pool area and the YMCA could have been run without them.
Graduate assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), AkronJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: i was able to get my masters degree via this work and scholarship
Cons: no benefits
This was a position while I obtained my Masters degree from the University of Akron. I was tasked to work with professors on their writings and/or research projects.

The hardest part of the job was there were different needs required by different professors. In fact, a majority of the professors worked on theory verses practical examples of Urban and Regional planning. The most enjoyable part was learning how to do proper research and what particular professors would be looking for.
Easy-going environment
Provost Office Student Assistant (Former Employee), Akron, OhioJanuary 25, 2015
Being a student assistant for the University of Akron was a fun and rewarding job.
Absolutely Fantastic
Veterans Affairs work study (Former Employee), Akron, OHJanuary 23, 2015
I would assist my fellow veteran students in Applying for veterans benefits. This position required advanced knowledge of multiple veterans education programs as well as the University's processing requirements. Myself and 6 other employees would work with over 1,000 veterans to process, advise and assist with education related programs and expenses. I was cross trained in all applicable programs and reporting tools to develop a complex but understandable course of action for each veteran.

The position was a great opportunity for me to help my fellow veterans in many ways, not only limited to education. We often acted as a singular point of contact for information that could assist veterans in transitioning into the civilian sector.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at the University was the amazing group of people that I had the opportunity to work with.
Great people, great experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Akron, OHDecember 17, 2014
Pros: variety of job tasks
Cons: n/a
I was able to gain great experience in a variety of functions, including social media, web, video production, and public relations. I had the opportunity to develop and curate content for the university's social media platforms. Some things include videos for vine and Instagram, creating the university's first student blog, and running Zippy, the official mascot's Instagram account.
Academic labs have relaxed enviroments
Student Researcher-Inorganic synthesis (Former Employee), Akron, OhioNovember 11, 2014
Pros: relaxed enviroment
Very relaxed enviroment. They were very interested in teaching me about what was going on. great place to work.
Perfect environment for me to grow.
Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 22, 2014
Overall great place to work. Challenging at times but that is what I have grown to appreciate about the job. It allows me to utilize my creativity and management skills.
great school, great work experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Akron, OHOctober 4, 2014
Helped answer first semester mechanical engineering student's questions about solidworks
productive, fun, teaching, and enthusiastic
Intramural Referee & Student Recreation Staff (Current Employee), Akron, OHAugust 6, 2014
Working at the school was very convenient, they worked well around your class schedule and they taught you how to be a good employee. Management was helpful always and were like friends to me, I felt like I could always talk to them. Adult, full time staff co-workers were great but some of the other students were not as great because they did not put the work in that was needed for that job.
Good research experience
Researcher (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 17, 2014
It was a good research experience. I had the opportunity to enhance my research skills. However, I am more of a practical person than a theoratical person. Therefore, I prefer to have a field job rather than research job.
Superior Online and Distant Learning Facilities
Senior Lecturer, Department of Business Technology (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 12, 2014
Pros: the computer facilities
Cons: insufficient opportunities with fellow faculty members
The most enjoyable part of University work is observing students' demonstrated improvement as the term progresses, in particular, their writing skills. The most challenging component is maintaining computer proficiency.
Flexible work place but low pay/benefit
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Akron, OHJune 4, 2014
Cheap place to live but low savings due to low income. Work load is very high compared to benefit. Independent research
Meeting new people from different cultures
Senior Student Affairs Official (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 28, 2014
Oversaw all student events held on campus
Managed all student affairs meetings
Decided what topics and current events will be discussed at meetings
Oversaw voting of new members
FUN PLACE TO BE
Custodial Engineer (Former Employee), AKRON OHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: scedule
Cons: cleaning the stadium
CLEAN FLOORS, CLEAN OFFICES BATHROOMS STRIP AND BUFFED FLOORS
Education: Allied Health Department
Assistant Lecturer - Allied Health (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 19, 2014
• Responsible for implementing integrated curriculum for college students
• Created course syllabi, choose readings, workbooks and texts, administered and graded assignments, projects, and exams
• Tutored students during study sessions ensuring quality and effectiveness in courses
• Prepared students for participation in research symposiums, academic evaluations, academic achievement incentives, and recognition programs
• Responsible for lesson planning, instruction, and providing a method for achievement learning
• Integrated the use of technology into classroom assignments and projects to increase students’ proficiency and interest in technological tools
• Enforced program policies and procedures and practiced laboratory safety at all times
• Attended faculty staff meeting and participated in student retention analysis and studies
Graduate work
Adjunct math teacher (Former Employee), Akron, OHMarch 1, 2014
I taught the classes that the professors didn't want, but enjoyed reaching out to students and seeing them respond.

1 2 3