University of Alabama, Birmingham

University of Alabama, Birmingham Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 20, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: too many "mico managers"
Friendly work atmosphere. I worked in the Urology clinic which is one of the busiest departments in the clinic. I most enjoyed assisting with procedures (vasectomy, prostate biopsies, Cystoscopies).
#######
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2014
I really enjoyed learning in this environment. I learned the different insights from the different doctors when it comes to patient care. I have also learned from the nurses with the best way to do patient care.
Great culture and people.
Engineer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2014
UAB has a great atmosphere for people with a desire for high performance and low stress. The positive thinking individuals here working as a team making getting even the most difficult and time sensitive projects done without the headaches.
Viva Health has great co-workers and made my day enjoyable.
LPN Quality Control (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2014
Pros: free parking at the uab highland's building
Cons: 5 day vs. a 3 day a week job.
My temporary position at Viva Health Care was a great learning experience. The co-workers were very caring and worked in a team effort. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming home with a sense of making a difference in someone's life.
average workplace
Securtiy Officer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: hours
supervisor old stuck in her ways no room for growth in the workplace work was the same day in day out no new adventures everybody that works in my department are always grouchy and upset
Productive and fun place with performing arts
Accountant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2014
I work part time as an Accountant and desire full time status with benefits with a company in the accounting industry. I do love the work that I do here, however, but not financially pleased with part time pay.
it was good atmosphere with nice people and I am learning a lot.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2014
I am working on my PhD degree of Chemistry here and enjoying of what I am doing.
Fast paced and friendly hospital setting
Admitting Coordinator and Hospital Operator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 19, 2014
Pros: staying busy, close work family, benefits
Cons: getting up at 3am on mondays is hard!
I work 1st shift, 445am-115pm.
I have a vast knowledge of insurances, precertifications, billing, accounts P/R, collections, patient care and most all pertinent computer systems.
I have enjoyed working with al lmy coworkers over the yeas and maintain relationships with a good many of them outside of work.
Undetermined
Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 14, 2014
Co-workers are extremely supportive
Management is underconstruction
Ok place to work
Physical Therapy Attendant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 13, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: they took advantage of me for hard lifts
Very fast work flow i liked it,I learned a lot about Physical Therapy,But management needs work,my co-workers were nice and i loved the education the hardest part was they always used me for the hard lifting.
n/a
Chef/ Cook (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2014
Cons: short breaks
UAB help me build my speed and skill. must have tough skin to work in uab, long hours long days with no appreciate for there employers.
This position is a great position for those who enjoy communicating with others and helping them resolve questions or issues.
Membership Attendant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 28, 2014
A typical day in the Membership Department at the UAB Campus Recreational Center would involve me helping members with any membership question he or she may have whether it be starting a new membership, cancelling a membership, setting up payment options for the length of the membership, enrolling members' children in the summer camps the center offers.
Dynamic workplace with great people
Program Administrator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers, flexibility, retirement/healthcare plan
Cons: job stability
On and typical day I check my email from the coordinators and/or the program manager for any issues that may require immediate attention. I enter data that was collected from the participants for the six designated counties for analyzing.
Work toward the completion of the weekly newsletters to mail out to the participants. I will work to get timesheets – more... entered for the six coordinators in the counties. Later in the day I will have a conference call with one, or more, of the coordinators concerning participants time and/or incentives.

I have to learned to adapt, communicate and be more open to the needs of the people in the community whose lifestyles are very much different from what I am accustomed to. I coordinate the activities of the study and the coordinators concerning the need in the community and the way it affects the outcome of the study.

I have the opportunity to work with some outstanding co-workers, with great attitudes. We have a great rapport with one
another, and an AWESOME working relationship.

Nothing involving my position is difficult. However, my position is grant funded, and with the shortage of studies it threatens job stability.

The most enjoyable part of working here has been meeting people in the different communities/counties, and the comradely among the team/employees. – less
Amazing mentor and experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2014
Pros: knowledge, experience and graduating with honors
I learned to design a research project, write and follow a protocol, enter, code and analyze data, and write the results of a research project. My mentor was insightful, supportive and helpful. My co-workers were professional and fun. I loved every part of this job and was challenged to think and learn new skills daily.
Large and integrated workplace
Implant Specialist II (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2014
Great place to work.You get to meet and greet many people. My co-workers and I work as team. management works with you in many ways whether its work related or personal.
Great Experience
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2014
• Started as a relationship banker, promoted to assistant branch manager, promoted to branch manager and promoted to mortgage division due to revenue generated at my branch
• Closed 12 million in 2008 and had a 98.5% customer service rating)
• Provided resolutions to client based mortgage products and services; Reviewed compliance rules and regulations; – more... managed relationships with customers through each phase of buying a home or refinancing an existing mortgage.
Branch Manager / Homewood office
• Managed all branch employees while responsible for the daily operation of the Branch; Ensured personal and employee sales goals were met; Merger, related preparation for branch closing and relocation of displaced employees; Performed interviews and maintained staffing levels of the Branch; Participated in the termination process, lay-offs and disciplinary actions, working closely with Human Resources and all levels of management.
Assistant Branch Manager
• Worked closely with branch personnel to ensure focus on sales initiatives and customer service; Monitored sales initiatives to ensure meeting and exceeding customer service and sales goals; Managed complex projects to provide both tactical and strategic direction involving internal guidelines, external regulations and productivity.
Relationship Banker
• Responsibilities included: customer service, new accounts business and personal. Internal referrals to Morgan Keegan and Regions Mortgage; financial consulting; organized and conducted Friday and Monday Chart The Course meetings (sales-oriented meetings designed to show growth and challenge employees); safe deposit box custodian; opened and closed branch each morning/evening; supervised Alabaster Branch on Saturdays; referred loans for equity lines; negotiated rates on CD'S and IRA'S; studied tax laws in order to sell IRA's to potential customers and learned compliance in FDIC insurance. Started as Management Trainee (Safe deposit box custodian, processed loans, certificates of deposit sales, learned proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.) – less
great place to work
Director Sourcing and Contracting (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2014
uab, great uab employer

one of the only growing companies in birmingham
Research Assistant / Intern (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2014
Good management and work environment.
Vast opportunities to learn and progress.
Great company
Mover (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2014
Great company to work for all around, not much advancement in the position, but great benefits
Good leadership, dynamic environment
Business Intelligence Architect / Developer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2014
Opportunities abound for cross-functional projects. UAB executive leadership is open to new ideas in process improvement with regards to IT service delivery.

1 2 3 4 5