University of Alabama, Birmingham

University of Alabama, Birmingham United States Employee Reviews

It's easy and simple work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2015
Cleaning the floors and grills are very easy but you could get very dirty especially when cleaning the grills. Breaking the trays at might be a bit difficult because you have do very fast, but your get the hang of it.
EASY WORK PLACE YOU WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND AT YOUR OWN PACE,
Environmental Service Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: WHEN THE STUDENTS HAVE ANY EVENTS WE ARE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE, 45 MINUTE LUNCH BREAK, GOOD BENEFITS
Cons: BEING TO WORK AT 4 A.M, TAKING TRASH OUT, OFFICE DAYS.
I CLOCK IN AT 3:55 A.M.CLEAN CLASSROOMS EVERYDAY.OFFICES MONDAY AND THURSDAYS ONLY.CLEAN RESTROOMS,DUST VACUUM,PULL TRASH.GET ALONG WITH CO WORKERS WELL HARDEST PART IS PULLING SO MUCH TRASH MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS WHEN I DON'T HAVE OFFICE DAY.
Productive fast paced atmosphere
Hospital Highlands Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2015
Working in the ER is fast paced and always something new. The hardest part of the job is patient overload. I have learned to distinguish what is priority and what is not so important. Healthcare is not an area I want to advance in with my career.
Great research enviroment
Program Manager, Department of Geriatrics (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlApril 8, 2015
Pros: The patient contact and helping them find solutions to some health issues.
Cons: The never ending paperwork, which must be done
As program manager I was charged with coordination and supervision of all day to day activities of clinical research projects. In the coarse of the projects I would develop and submit research protocols to the IRB for review. The research personnel interview and selection process was my responsibility as well as ordering all office and clinical supplies. Under my supervision was data entry personnel, research nurse and recruiters. Research is a team project and I was the step-in person in the event of sickness, vacations or personal leave.
The hardest part of any research project is recruitment of subjects. Recruitment is a skill I excel in.
The most enjoyable part of all research I was involved in is the personal contact with the geriatric patients. They are truly a very undervalued sect of our population.
UAB is one of the best research institutions in the South. The work in varied and with extreme depth.
great school
PC Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2015
It was a work study job. Had a great staff and the older employees taught me a lot about different programs. I also was introduced to new products that a lot of other people never got a chance to try out. It was cool a experience
Productive and good place to work .the work environment makes it better.
Environmental Services Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2015
Day starts at 4 am every morning, with brief overview of what needs to be done for the day. Then you are on your own to accomplish tasks and frequencies for the day.
Great academic institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Hoehn Engineering BuildingMarch 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work with a great atmosphere. Department chair is very helpful and encouraging. All avenues for success are available to employees.
productive
Program Coordinator, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management who is overly controlling and aggressive
Management makes the difference wherever you work. If you have management who treat their team as adults and do not micromanage, then you typically have a much happier team and people look forward to their work. If the opposite happens, then the opposite reactions occur.
no respect for biomedical technician
Biomedical technician (Former Employee), birminghamFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: uab
the top tier made three times what the lower level made, could not pay rent nor eat at a restaurant without saving up or a month
fun place
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2015
I went to school at UAB..They do not have a football team anymore and that is a little upsetting. Really enjoyed my education that I received.
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work, and it's a great place to get "top-notch" work experience. Co-workers were knowledgeable and helpful. Management was always helpful in trying to meet any personal needs.
Productive and fun work place
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 9, 2015
General Internal Medicine is a great place to work. It is a non stressful environment. The work is not hard once you have learned the process. You have to be a self-starter and motivated.
Great atmosphere and energy
Office Associate I (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 3, 2015
I took this job to gain experience. The management is lacking in some area but over all everyone wants to help. The hardest thing is navigating your way around the campus.
Very informative internship
Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2015
I learned how to use the TRI and SEER databases and gained knowledge on different analytical tests to perform on the data.
I liked the job.
Unit Support Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: it was a good start up job.
Cons: i did not like working every weekend
UAB was a good place to work. I enjoyed working with the patients and the nurses. There was always something to do. You get to know the patients and their familes. The nurses would explain different types of procedures for testing. The head nurse was plesant to work with.
A great medical and graduate school
Graduate student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2015
A great medical and graduate school. Lots of opportunities for translational science.
As a Dental student I was able to learn in a great environment.
Dental student (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2015
A typical day at the School of dentistry was going to class from 8-9 and seeing patients from 9-5. I very much enjoyed treating patients in a learning environment, where I was able to collaborate with my class mates and learn from my professors. The hardest part was adjusting from a classroom setting to a clinical setting. The most enjoyable part was being able to see and help patients with their oral health needs and creating beautiful smiles.
It is very good school
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 8, 2015
get good experience. good working facilities, coworkers are helpful,
The best hospital in Alabama
Relief Charge Nurse/ Preceptor (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: multiple nursing jobs
Cons: parking
Receive report on patients. Care for the patients. May transfer a patient or receive a patient. I don't care for the decision making for who is in charge for the day. It's based on hire date and not experience.
My co-workers are professional and caring nurses. One or two nurses my need encouraging to help when help is needed.
The hardest part is receiving more than one patients at once.
The most enjoyable part is knowing I assisted in maintaining a patients health or life.
Great patients and co-workers
Office Support Specialist III (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 15, 2014
A typical work day is steady unless there is a bad case. I have learned that every situation is different, and how you approach will determine the best route for a complete solution. I work with 2 fun, loving ladies at the front desk. The hardest part is trying to ensure that every patient is put in the right clinic. The most enjoyable part of the job is conversating with the patients.

1 2 3 4 5