University of Alabama, Birmingham

University of Alabama, Birmingham Employee Reviews

flexible hours, agreeable management
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2015
This position allowed great flexibility while I was in grad school. Would recommend to other full time students. My boss was easy to work with and understanding of a full time student's schedule.
Biggest Composites Manufacture and Testing Center
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2015
The best part of working experiences in the Materials Processing and Application Development Center is to gain a lot of hands on experience in composite processing and application development.
The fun part is that you have the chance to transfer the lab-scale achievements to industry-scale profitable commercial products.The challenge part is that you should have the talent to find the balance point between performance and cost. Since the engineer's job is to solve the practical problems, you need figure out the best economic solutions for the customers.
Work space very productive
LPN/OBGYN (Former Employee), BIRMINGHAM, ALJune 16, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: no down time til lunch
Today was a good day. I enjoyed what I do as a nurse. Most of the patient were satisfied.Teamwork @ all times.Management great, very organized.
University in a growing town with an interesting mix of people
Intern (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 28, 2015
Professional work environment with well trained staff. Great place to work at. The university has been growing enormously in the last decade.
There are tons of opportunities for advancement.
Administrative Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2015
UAB is the largest employer in the Birmingham area. With it being a growing university there are many opportunities for advancement.
Cliff Note Summary Below
Senior Instructional Design Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2015
Every UAB employee plays an integral part in their mission to deliver excellence in education, research, and patient care. By working at UAB, you too can be part of this mission and bring your perspective, experience, ideas and dedication to helping us further that mission.
Good place to work at
BI Specialist/ Lead/ EDW developer/ Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: No WTH
I enjoy working here at UAB, learned a lot of new things, firendly and relaxed environment, nice team, perfect place to work.
Suffocating Bureaucracy
Research Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 13, 2015
Aside from having a massive bureaucracy, UAB is a great place to work with wonderful benefits. Birmingham is relatively cheap.
okay
Laborer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was something to do when I had no job or no money there is nothing more I can say this was over 15 years ago almost I don't really remember working here as much but I did cut grass there
It's easy and simple work
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2015
Cleaning the floors and grills are very easy but you could get very dirty especially when cleaning the grills. Breaking the trays at might be a bit difficult because you have do very fast, but your get the hang of it.
EASY WORK PLACE YOU WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND AT YOUR OWN PACE,
Environmental Service Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: WHEN THE STUDENTS HAVE ANY EVENTS WE ARE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE, 45 MINUTE LUNCH BREAK, GOOD BENEFITS
Cons: BEING TO WORK AT 4 A.M, TAKING TRASH OUT, OFFICE DAYS.
I CLOCK IN AT 3:55 A.M.CLEAN CLASSROOMS EVERYDAY.OFFICES MONDAY AND THURSDAYS ONLY.CLEAN RESTROOMS,DUST VACUUM,PULL TRASH.GET ALONG WITH CO WORKERS WELL HARDEST PART IS PULLING SO MUCH TRASH MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS WHEN I DON'T HAVE OFFICE DAY.
Productive fast paced atmosphere
Hospital Highlands Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 14, 2015
Working in the ER is fast paced and always something new. The hardest part of the job is patient overload. I have learned to distinguish what is priority and what is not so important. Healthcare is not an area I want to advance in with my career.
Great research enviroment
Program Manager, Department of Geriatrics (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlApril 8, 2015
Pros: The patient contact and helping them find solutions to some health issues.
Cons: The never ending paperwork, which must be done
As program manager I was charged with coordination and supervision of all day to day activities of clinical research projects. In the coarse of the projects I would develop and submit research protocols to the IRB for review. The research personnel interview and selection process was my responsibility as well as ordering all office and clinical supplies. Under my supervision was data entry personnel, research nurse and recruiters. Research is a team project and I was the step-in person in the event of sickness, vacations or personal leave.
The hardest part of any research project is recruitment of subjects. Recruitment is a skill I excel in.
The most enjoyable part of all research I was involved in is the personal contact with the geriatric patients. They are truly a very undervalued sect of our population.
UAB is one of the best research institutions in the South. The work in varied and with extreme depth.
great school
PC Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2015
It was a work study job. Had a great staff and the older employees taught me a lot about different programs. I also was introduced to new products that a lot of other people never got a chance to try out. It was cool a experience
Productive and good place to work .the work environment makes it better.
Environmental Services Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2015
Day starts at 4 am every morning, with brief overview of what needs to be done for the day. Then you are on your own to accomplish tasks and frequencies for the day.
Great academic institution
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Hoehn Engineering BuildingMarch 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work with a great atmosphere. Department chair is very helpful and encouraging. All avenues for success are available to employees.
productive
Program Coordinator, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management who is overly controlling and aggressive
Management makes the difference wherever you work. If you have management who treat their team as adults and do not micromanage, then you typically have a much happier team and people look forward to their work. If the opposite happens, then the opposite reactions occur.
no respect for biomedical technician
Biomedical technician (Former Employee), birminghamFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: uab
the top tier made three times what the lower level made, could not pay rent nor eat at a restaurant without saving up or a month
fun place
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 10, 2015
I went to school at UAB..They do not have a football team anymore and that is a little upsetting. Really enjoyed my education that I received.
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work, and it's a great place to get "top-notch" work experience. Co-workers were knowledgeable and helpful. Management was always helpful in trying to meet any personal needs.

1 2 3 4 5