University of Alabama, Birmingham

University of Alabama, Birmingham Employer Reviews

Dynamic workplace with great people
Program Administrator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers, flexibility, retirement/healthcare plan
Cons: job stability
On and typical day I check my email from the coordinators and/or the program manager for any issues that may require immediate attention. I enter data that was collected from the participants for the six designated counties for analyzing.
Work toward the completion of the weekly newsletters to mail out to the participants. I will work to get timesheets entered for the six coordinators in the counties. Later in the day I will have a conference call with one, or more, of the coordinators concerning participants time and/or incentives.

I have to learned to adapt, communicate and be more open to the needs of the people in the community whose lifestyles are very much different from what I am accustomed to. I coordinate the activities of the study and the coordinators concerning the need in the community and the way it affects the outcome of the study.

I have the opportunity to work with some outstanding co-workers, with great attitudes. We have a great rapport with one
another, and an AWESOME working relationship.

Nothing involving my position is difficult. However, my position is grant funded, and with the shortage of studies it threatens job stability.

The most enjoyable part of working here has been meeting people in the different communities/counties, and the comradely among the team/employees.
Amazing mentor and experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 13, 2014
Pros: knowledge, experience and graduating with honors
I learned to design a research project, write and follow a protocol, enter, code and analyze data, and write the results of a research project. My mentor was insightful, supportive and helpful. My co-workers were professional and fun. I loved every part of this job and was challenged to think and learn new skills daily.
Large and integrated workplace
Implant Specialist II (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2014
Great place to work.You get to meet and greet many people. My co-workers and I work as team. management works with you in many ways whether its work related or personal.
Great Experience
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 28, 2014
• Started as a relationship banker, promoted to assistant branch manager, promoted to branch manager and promoted to mortgage division due to revenue generated at my branch
• Closed 12 million in 2008 and had a 98.5% customer service rating)
• Provided resolutions to client based mortgage products and services; Reviewed compliance rules and regulations; managed relationships with customers through each phase of buying a home or refinancing an existing mortgage.
Branch Manager / Homewood office
• Managed all branch employees while responsible for the daily operation of the Branch; Ensured personal and employee sales goals were met; Merger, related preparation for branch closing and relocation of displaced employees; Performed interviews and maintained staffing levels of the Branch; Participated in the termination process, lay-offs and disciplinary actions, working closely with Human Resources and all levels of management.
Assistant Branch Manager
• Worked closely with branch personnel to ensure focus on sales initiatives and customer service; Monitored sales initiatives to ensure meeting and exceeding customer service and sales goals; Managed complex projects to provide both tactical and strategic direction involving internal guidelines, external regulations and productivity.
Relationship Banker
• Responsibilities included: customer service, new accounts business and personal. Internal referrals to Morgan Keegan and Regions Mortgage; financial consulting; organized and conducted Friday and Monday Chart The Course meetings (sales-oriented meetings designed to show growth and challenge – more... employees); safe deposit box custodian; opened and closed branch each morning/evening; supervised Alabaster Branch on Saturdays; referred loans for equity lines; negotiated rates on CD'S and IRA'S; studied tax laws in order to sell IRA's to potential customers and learned compliance in FDIC insurance. Started as Management Trainee (Safe deposit box custodian, processed loans, certificates of deposit sales, learned proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.) – less
great place to work
Director Sourcing and Contracting (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2014
uab, great uab employer

one of the only growing companies in birmingham
Research Assistant / Intern (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 6, 2014
Good management and work environment.
Vast opportunities to learn and progress.
Great company
Mover (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2014
Great company to work for all around, not much advancement in the position, but great benefits
Good leadership, dynamic environment
Business Intelligence Architect / Developer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2014
Opportunities abound for cross-functional projects. UAB executive leadership is open to new ideas in process improvement with regards to IT service delivery.
UAB is a great place to learn and work.
Clinical Trial Research Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 21, 2014
UAB is a great place to work and learn. As an academic institution, the atmosphere leans toward the oppurtunity to gain new skills. The most enjoyable part of my job is the research that I assist with. However, the hardest part of my job may be balancing the multiple task that are apart of the everyday workload.
Great Place to Work
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2014
My overall experience has been great! Depending on where you work, there is potential for growth. An added incentive are the excellent beneftis, especially the educational assistance program.
UAB Review
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 20, 2014
An overall great experience! UAB is committed to providing higher education in an environment that celebrates diversity. The institution is proudly the 6th most diverse university in student body and faculty.
A busy, yet patient centered job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 18, 2014
My job is a pretty busy place. We come in and prepare the rooms for surgery and start cases at 7am. I am on my feet 90% of the time, which is one of the hardest parts of the job. I love to interact with my patients so making them comfortable as possible before surgery and seeing them come out of surgery to the best of their ability is the most enjoyable part of my day.
Human Cadaver Anatomy Lab Instructor
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2014
Showing all types of student the entire functions of the human body.
This was a required course to many fields of study
Productive, Educational Experience in a Large City
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 11, 2014
Great experience. Long hours due to schooling and TA position. Very good employer.
The best Job EVER!
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Selma, ALJanuary 31, 2014
I absolutley loved everything about this job! Loved my patients, coworkers, and physicians! If I would not have moved, I would still want to be there!
Productive and fun
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 21, 2014
It allows you to work and learn at the same time. It allowed me to perfectly manage school and work, aiding as a graduate assistant.
The base of my educational foundation
Coursework Related Experience (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2014
It has developed great skills of computer scientist in my life.
Fantastic people
NIH Post-Doctoral Scholar (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: leader in research
This is one of the top research institutions in the world. There are many world class scientist and this opens the doors for a great deal of opportunities.
Professional environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2014
Very professional environment with room to grow, competitive salary, and good hours
Productive place to work
Research Intern (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 26, 2013
I learned excellent lab skills and improved my knowledge of cancer genetics.