University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Great job while attending college
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 8, 2017
It was pretty much straight forward. Must be busy at all times and even then manager was not happy. Hours are long but job is pretty easy. Some room for advancement but it is a student job.
Class
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 8, 2017
This was a class at the University of Alabama not so much a job. But I treated it like a job and produced some really great business ideas. I feel this class gave me the best real world experience of any of my other classes.
RN/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2017
UAB is a great place to work with opportunities for growth. My desire to seek other employment is due the my commute. In additional, I will be graduating from the Master's program in 2018 and I would like to find employment in Education, that's closer to my home.
Pros
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement
Cons
I have an one hour or more commute to work five days per week.
Great school and place
Administrative Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 25, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here while attending The University of Alabama as well as working here. It has allowed me to balance my work, school work, as well as extra curricular activities that I am involved.
Enjoy working with students
Account Clerk Sr (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 18, 2017
Answer phone
help students and parents understand their bill
take payments, work as a cashier
help with accounts receivables,
work at Orientation of incoming new students
Pros
Working with Students
Typical
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2017
Data Entry continuously throughout the day. Back cubicle. Not a lot of personal contact. Outdated break room. Have to leave the building for any pick up lunch options or go to Hospital cafeteria.
University
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 11, 2017
High level university for research, good local culture, and beautiful campus. My research is in anthropology and the staff in this department are outstanding in their field.
Consultant
Mental Health Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 11, 2017
Really enjoyed the work I did with sites and clients, The workplace culture is very bias and cut throat. i really learned about the hostile and cut throat environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cut throat environment
Mediocre place to work. Really Depends on what department you're employed in.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 4, 2017
As a graduate student working as a graduate teaching assistant for the University of Alabama, there aren't very many perks. Graduate teaching assistants are usually overworked and do not receive great benefits. There is no vacation allowance, as it all depends on the department you're a teaching assistant in. Overall, it isn't the greatest school to work at as a graduate assistant. However, that could be attributed to the fact that graduate students are generally treated as servants no matter what university they are at.
Poor coordination between departments.
Full-time Teaching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 28, 2017
If you are fine maintaining the status quo great, don't try and do anything new. Most of the people mean well, but administration at all levels leaves a lot to be desired.
excellent and knowledgeable place to work
ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 28, 2017
UAB is one of the greatest hospitals around! It provides excellent patient care and tons of experience for any medical professional. It is a very fast-paced environment that provides great healthcare.
challenging and supportive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 26, 2017
working at UAH, propels a steep learning curve with challenging research topics supported by engaging experienced faculty and staff .The college also provide effective learning growth programs and societies.
a good part tim job
Alumni Association Caller (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 24, 2017
this job was easy. I would call alumni every night and ask for donations for scholarships. there was no incentive to work hard. the pay was minimum wage . this was a good job to have during college
Pros
work when i wanted to
Cons
low pay
productive
nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 13, 2017
A great learning experience , as I work various areas such as the ICU' dialysis, the general medicine wards. The experience involve different types of patients coping with various illnesses.
Pros
good experience
Cons
lack of advancement
Summary
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Not a bad school to work for. Faculty are helpful. Students aren't bad. Adjunct pay is adjunct pay. Tough to balance with a full-time job. Relocated or would have kept teaching.
Relaxed research environment allows you to work at your own pace
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 9, 2017
It's a research environment, so the impetus to do work falls on you, and as long as you are getting your work done nobody really cares how many hours you put in
Productive and an exciting place to work
Admin/Clerical (Dispatch/Scheduler) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 8, 2017
Depending on the department you are work in, UAB is a great place to work according to benefits, but can be stressful at times. The management varies also depending on department. The environment
Great job opportunties, just not at the Ferg
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 6, 2017
the University Of Alabama in the Ferguson Student Center management over custodian has no clue to the operation of a custodian crew. Not consistence on work schedule.
Pros
wonderful benefits and pay
Cons
short staff, not considered of employees
great place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 4, 2017
Great managers and staff. Very supportive from top to bottom. Busy times far outweigh the slow periods.Students are nice and respectful. Very busy during football season.
challenging and fun
Huntsville, Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2017
The work is very engaging and challenging. But the Faculty and staff are very supportive in reaching the goals . Making sure we fulfill the skills and knowledge necessary in the real world applcations