University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 22, 2015
Learning while working was an added bonus since the professor was not only knowledgeable but personable.
Great Place to Work
Budget Officer's Student Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the university. The work load varied but I gained lots of experience while working there. My coworkers were very sweet people also. I still keep in contact with most of them now.
Employer encouraged advanced education and paid 30% tuition of my graduated school
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2015
It was very good school. I was so enjoyed to work with my co-workers. I left this position because my family moving to NY.
Graduate student (RA)
Graduate Counsel Fellow (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 31, 2014
I am working here as a Research Assistant. I am working in a lab environment.
Easy Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 29, 2014
Pros: paid for updating computers, could do my schoolwork while waiting for the updates to finish.
Cons: there was not always work to be done, so it could get boring.
I learned how to reinstall Windows OS. I mainly did Windows updates and antivirus scans on the computer lab PC's. If Adobe wasn't working right, I would reinstall Adobe.
Sales Program Corporate Events Staff (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great culture, great experience
Cons: no negatives
Worked there for 3 years under the Dean of all students. Had many job responsibilities, but i enjoyed every minute of it.
University of Alabama
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 19, 2014
I served as Marketing Assistant to the Athletic Marketing Director including the creation of fliers to be distributed to local businesses around Tuscaloosa. I recruited local businesses to participate in athletic events. I attended events and helped to carry out promotions during sporting games. The hardest part of the job was having to leave when the internship was over.
Tough but rewarding
Unit Operations Lab Technician (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 16, 2014
I learned a lot in this class. Found a love for chemical engineering and field work running the operations labs.
Valuable learning experience
Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 8, 2014
Very structured, great place to grow and learn. Opportunities for advancement exists.
faculty position
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2014
Went from tenure track to clinical faculty position. Tenure track position was work intensive with research, grants, teaching, and publication. Work as clinical faculty full-time is great. Love my job.
Cashier, Customer Service, Accounting
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 28, 2014
With this position, the store had a grand opening and I started off in Customer Service. From that point, I moved to the accounting room where I balanced the registers and managed the floor as well. When they needed me to run the register for relief, I also did that.
Great On Campus Job
Math Lab Tutor and Monitor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 27, 2014
Was great for my class schedule. Learned how to balance work and class load.
Productive and fun work environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 26, 2014
This was, by far, one of the best jobs anyone could have! The opportunity to work for The University of Alabama was one that I will be forever grateful.
Very supportive working atmosphere.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
As a research assistant, my day to day task involved working on projects doing systematic literature review, data entry and analysis. I learned to work with deadlines. It was a very supportive working environment.
I worked with a lot of great people
Project Manager/Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 11, 2014
Great people to work with and always made you want to do more.In charge on new construction projects. Met a lot on great contractors.
Equipment Manager for the Men's Track team at the University of Alabama
Track Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 28, 2014
Great place to work. I made sure that the men's track uniforms were clean and ready for the next track meet. I helped coaches with data entry of stats of the team members. I traveled with team to various track events and helped to ensure that everything transpired as smoothly as possible.
A reserved, quiet atmosphere with friendly and caring employees.
Office Associate II (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: gifts at christmas. recognition of milestones. staff meals.
Answering phone calls, greeting visitors and guests. Preparing correspondence, arranging meetings. updating calendars, gathering data, invoicing clients, etc.
Supportive and helpful environment for postdocs
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my work at the university. The faculty and staff that I work with are very supportive and helpful. I have been exposed to many research and teaching opportunities, which are very important for my career development.
Supportive and collaborative culture
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 14, 2014
The University seeks to further scholarship and promote an atmosphere of learning inside and outside the classroom.
Challenging but rewarding
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: nothing major
Graduate school has been a challenging feat but it has also been rather rewarding. The hardest part of my job was establishing a work/life balance. Overall, I truly have enjoyed my graduate school experiences. By pursuing a doctoral degree, I was finally able to devote my effort towards a subject that has really been interesting.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more