University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employee Reviews

fun and rewarding
Rural Minority Health Scholars Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 18, 2016
I met many individuals I was able to network with. I worked and lived with the program participants. I was able to inspire and influence students who wanted to pursue the medical field.
comfortable workplace
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
every day was a knowledge gaining experience. There for full co-operation and freedom from my professor. Friendly co-workers, and there were projects to be completed before deadline. The hardest part is,for me, bringing a unique outcome with the resources provided. The solutions were the most enjoyable part
Pros
freedom
Cons
nothing i noticed
Very productive with some faculties, but not all
Research assistant (Laboratory Manager) (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 10, 2016
Some professors work so hard and produce a lot of outputs. But some are very lazy and want to do nothing.
If along with the good professors, you will have a chance to upgrade yourself.
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2016
• Provide the highest quality of food, excellent unrivaled service, and an overall enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every guest per the aspiration of each employee and the organization's standards
• Welcomed patrons, seated them at tables, and provided them with menus
• Perform daily preventative maintenance, checks, and services and identifies equipment failures
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans
Pros
Great Life Experience
Cons
N/A
Supportive workplace that encouraged research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 4, 2016
I worked as an REU student during the summer and Alabama facilitated an environment that encouraged my research which led to me eventually pursuing graduate research
An inspiring environment with plenty of opportunities
Sales Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 23, 2015
I worked for the University of Alabama Sales Program for two years. I had the opportunity to learn many professional skills such as resume building, public speaking, interview skills, sales skills, and much more. Their training is excellent and this program really challenges its employees to be better and improve every day.
Fun Workplace
Equipment Manage (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 1, 2015
Required to show up for every football practice. Was in charge of setting up practices and drills every day. Very good job.
Great Opportunities
Doctoral Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 30, 2015
Great university to attend

The professors care about their students' interests and helping them to secure employment after graduation
Working with people to promote university Agenda
Young Men's Leadership Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 23, 2015
Work place that is supportive and doing transformative work. Cares about personal and professional growth. Politics and and requirements involved, but also necessary the work being done.
They are amazing
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the University of Alabama. My bosses were all very down to Earth and conscious of my own work load as a graduate student.

Want to know more about University of Alabama?

Ask a question
Uab
Inclusive Parent Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Alabama, NYNovember 6, 2015
I worked for UAB twice. The first time was 92-96 as a full time employee. The second time was part time, from home, in a 3 year project. Both times were great. UAB is such a wonderful place to work. Great environment, benefits, learning opportunities, and advancement.
Pros
esperience
Cons
parking
good job
Data Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 26, 2015
good place to work. room for advancement. hiring process a little difficult if you are not in the system.
i left this job to go to another job.
good company to work for
Interesting culture of learning and medical coding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 4, 2015
Enjoyable and interesting working for Surgeon-in-Chief of Pediatric Surgery. Interacting with children and parents. Communicating with people from all over the world and arranging travel for them to have surgery in the United States. Creating and preparing presentation for teaching of laparoscopic surgical techniques, working with students and medical coding for surgery and arranging clinic appointments.
Pros
Learning many different aspects of Pediatric Surgery
Cons
Seeing very sick children
Productive, enjoyable, and driven superiors and co-workers
Dendrochronology Research Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 27, 2015
In the lab, there is a strict list of procedures we must follow to accurately prepare samples for analysis. Everything from sanding the samples to physically dating and measuring the samples must be done to obtain the final results. That is one thing I throughly enjoy about this position; I am working on something new almost every day. My boss is an extremely approachable, respectful, and helpful leader when it comes to our projects. He guides me through my work and provides assistance rather than criticizing when he notices my shortcomings. Also, my co-workers are very helpful. The projects we work on require communication and teamwork, so it is important for me to be able to be as reliable to my co-workers as they are to me. I do not like to fail at things so my least favorite part of the job is when I make mistakes. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy the satisfaction of completing a project, which is my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
great and exciting.
University of Alabama Track and Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlabamaSeptember 25, 2015
it kept you on the right path, and you will learn a lot from the university. it will teach you many wonders. It was great to experience.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant for Dr. Gilpin (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Acquired proficient skills with excel and other computer skills. Interacted with children of preschool ages, and exemplified good coping strategies to better control emotions. I enjoyed learning about children and their behavior.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work was waking the children at the center and providing the supervision needed. The management on the job was supportive and team players. The hardest part of the job was working long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children make positive progress toward good behaviors.
Pros
enjoy working with children
Cons
Long work hours for weekend workers
clinical site
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2015
Love them they are the best company i have ever been with and i have my heart set on getting a job there when i graduate. I loved the people, atmosphere, job, operational hours, etc.
Trauma & Burn ICU
ICU RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2015
Wonderful teamwork and driven staff members. Wonderful place to learn about the fast pace world of emergency medicine.
Entry Level Job required a lot of walking and running around
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2015
The job was fairly easy. The company provided much training and skills for employees. The morale was low within my work area, but overall management seemed to have an open door policy.

4.5