University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Growing university campus with excellent attention to physical campus.
Professor of Education (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 14, 2017
The College of Education within the University of Alabama has turned the corner from a teaching and service College to a more sophisticated research unit in the past 5 years. Within Special Education and Multiple Abilities, the Multiple Abilities Program is nationally recognized and consistently develops Elementary teachers capable of diversification of instruction to meet the individual needs of all types and abilities of learners.
Significant support for professional growth
Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 12, 2017
The University of Alabama provides countless ways for new faculty to grow professionally and understand how to succeed. It is also one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Office Associate Senior (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
I enjoy my job at the university. I am just looking for something part time to supplement my income I do not want to change jobs. I am self motivated and complete my tasks without being told to.
Student job
Behavioral Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
This was a job that was meant to just give me a little side money. Pay was good and the hours didn't interfere with my school work. Extra hours were also available.
Nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
Stay to yourself and get the job done. I don't have much more to say about this job. I was a graduate student and I think that it is the same at most institutions. It all depends on how well you interact with your P.I.. If you are a self starter do not get an overbearing P.I.. If you need someone on your back to help you be more productive do not go into a group with an aloof P.I.. That is all I have to say about that.
Supervisor
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2017
Supervisor would sit in office and watch movies most of the day. I would be left alone in a lab for hours at a time. There was to much playing games on computers and on cell phones.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
worry about funding
BEST place I have ever worked!
Asst Recruiting Coordinator, UA Ath Dep (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 26, 2017
Great university but also a great employer. I was able to learn from some of the very best. The hours can sometimes get long, but in the end, it is worth the experiences get in return.
Great Job Opportunities for Full Time Students
Housing Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 24, 2017
The University of Alabama is one of the premiere flagship universities in the country. What better than, as a student, be able to work for the university you attend and love so much. Not to mention, they are super flexible with schedules and is perfect for getting some extra money as a college student.
Very Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 19, 2017
Very simple and laidback. Customers were sweet here and there! Co-workers was easy to get along with. Nice workplace had all different kinds of fun things to sell! Very low salary
Pros
Bring own drinking water
Cons
Standing
Fun enviroment to work part time as a student
Student Video Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
Manage is nice in Shipping and Receiving

Not a real demanding job except when its time to check inventory

Flexible hours for students

Can move up and switch departments

Want to know more about University of Alabama?

Ask a question
Great job for any student
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
Great job for any undergrad student looking to make some extra money. Flexible with work hours and gives you opportunity to have some extra study time if it a slow night.
great educational opportunity and place of employment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed both taking classes and working for the American Studies department at the university of Alabama. The faculty were outstanding and the work environment was positive.
Pros
Opportunity to teach college courses
Cons
temporary
Hardest Job
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2017
Because one works semester by semester, there is some gap between sessions in which you have to get ready for the next semester. There is never enough time and the expectations are often unreasonable. Low pay. New management - let's see.
Fast paced work
Lead Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 5, 2017
Good. Staff worked together to get all pt's treated in a timely manner. However, upper management was focused on pt through put rather than quality and safety.
Good
Good
Lots of opportunities
College Fair Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 29, 2017
4 year public university with hundreds of different positions. Good place to work. Typical college campus experience no matter the job you end up working.
Supportive staff
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 23, 2017
There are many resources at The University of Alabama available in order to support the staff. The guidelines are very clear, and employees are expected to follow them. Any questions or need for support are answered immediately.
Pros
Lots of support available
Cons
Healthcare, salary
Great environment but not ,much room to move up.
CS Grader (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 19, 2017
I loved working here for the time I did. It was really fun work and I loved the people I worked with. However, there was little to no room to move up and you took work home with you every day.
Pros
people, work environment
Cons
take work home, benefits
Great Learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 18, 2017
Alabama's Biology department is very good and well balanced. My adviser was great and really cared about what her students were learning in the lab, as well as making sure projects were done on time.
Great people to work with
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2017
It was a job while I was in school and I enjoyed my time. The staff is fun to work with and you will make great friends. As with anything, there were seriously lacking areas of efficiency.
Pros
free housing
Great experience
Teacher Assitant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 12, 2017
As a Grad student, this was the perfect place for me to learn and earn money. I enjoyed working with the professors and learning from them. Being allowed the opportunity to lead class discussions allowed me to understand the undergraduate experience better.