University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Very supportive working atmosphere.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
As a research assistant, my day to day task involved working on projects doing systematic literature review, data entry and analysis. I learned to work with deadlines. It was a very supportive working environment.
I worked with a lot of great people
Project Manager/Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 11, 2014
Great people to work with and always made you want to do more.In charge on new construction projects. Met a lot on great contractors.
Equipment Manager for the Men's Track team at the University of Alabama
Track Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 28, 2014
Great place to work. I made sure that the men's track uniforms were clean and ready for the next track meet. I helped coaches with data entry of stats of the team members. I traveled with team to various track events and helped to ensure that everything transpired as smoothly as possible.
A reserved, quiet atmosphere with friendly and caring employees.
Office Associate II (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: gifts at christmas. recognition of milestones. staff meals.
Answering phone calls, greeting visitors and guests. Preparing correspondence, arranging meetings. updating calendars, gathering data, invoicing clients, etc.
Supportive and helpful environment for postdocs
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 11, 2014
I have enjoyed my work at the university. The faculty and staff that I work with are very supportive and helpful. I have been exposed to many research and teaching opportunities, which are very important for my career development.
Supportive and collaborative culture
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 14, 2014
The University seeks to further scholarship and promote an atmosphere of learning inside and outside the classroom.
Challenging but rewarding
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: nothing major
Graduate school has been a challenging feat but it has also been rather rewarding. The hardest part of my job was establishing a work/life balance. Overall, I truly have enjoyed my graduate school experiences. By pursuing a doctoral degree, I was finally able to devote my effort towards a subject that has really been interesting.
Fun and Easy Job
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 1, 2014
I was required to sit at my desk and answer the phone as teachers would find problems with their computers or projectors. I would then troubleshoot with them and try to get it working or go to the room myself and take a look in extreme cases. I was also responsible for checking equipment in all of the rooms during the summers.
Great Job
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2014
wipe down a few desk, help a few people, finish your homework for pay
Good environment for research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 5, 2014
As a Graduate Research Engineer, my main tasks are to carry out research, and complement my supervisor's teaching efforts.
Great learning environment
Volunteer Assistant Soccer Coach (Current Employee), TuscaloosaMay 14, 2014
Overall, the learning experience has been very beneficial and has given me tools to work anywhere. The staff were always available and gave continuous guidance to enhance my knowledge and experiences.
Research Student (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 14, 2014
Loved my job. Great people. Learned a lot about engineering. Fantastic experience.
Summer Job
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 6, 2014
• Delivered and installed office furniture to various buildings in the Tuscaloosa area
• Read blueprints and installed furniture for entire new school building projects
• Worked with a team to accomplish jobs and tasks over a course of different projects
Great culture
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great culture, beautiful campus
Great university culture. Students are generally great. Staff was great in Housing and cared about work/life balance. As a graduate assistant, I really knew my supervisor and others cared about my education and allowed me a flexible schedule to make sure all academics were first.
Please see my other review of UA
Part-time Teaching Instructor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 18, 2014
If you have to be a grad. assistant somewhere, UA is a great place to be one!
Productive workplace
IAC Center Coordinator (Current Employee), Mechanical Engineering DepartmentApril 15, 2014
Conduct planning, organizing, scheduling for energy audits at industrial manufacturing facilities in accordance with U.S. Department of Energy regulations. Attend on site assessments and oversee student workers.
I've learned alot
Bulk Mail Specialist (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 8, 2014
I have for sure learned a lot while working at the UA. Co workers are great. Management is awful mainly the reason I'm seeking a new job. The job is not hard it does require heavy lifting.
job
Adjunct Professor - Journalism (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 3, 2014
Pros: a typical day at work, what you learned management, your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Cons: a typical day at work, what you learned management, your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great way to pay for textbooks and build your resume
Community Fellow (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free fun events, flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Fun place to work, but student positions do not pay much financially speaking. You are mainly paid via resume building.
Excellent student job.
Financial Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2014
Loved it as a student.
Loved my co-workers.
Gameday activities on the quad.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more