University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Only Interned
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 15, 2017
I only served as an intern with the University. Therefore, I am not totally sure how to rate it as an employment opportunity. From what I have seen, though, it seems great.
Productive workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 14, 2017
Great clerical job. You could have a really busy day or a really slow day. Management is great. The job isn't hard, but you do a lot of tedious things.
Great work environment, fun group of individuals
Senior Admissions Recruiter/Group Tour Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 11, 2017
Great work environment and management. Great benefits, which helped make up for not as great of pay. No set schedule of things to do each day. Each day was different. Opportunities to travel.
Benefits
Cons
Not as great of pay
Fun and Valuable
Economics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 7, 2017
Being a student that is also a teaching assistant was a valuable experience due to the fact that you see the classes from both sides. The management comes down to the professor you help which tends to be good. Less strenuous hours than a normal class and some pay for the work. The only downfall is that you had to pay the university for the role.
Excellent oppurtunity
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 1, 2017
The Research experience for undergraduates was an exciting and valuable learning experience. I was able to work directly with a research topic I was interested in.
it was great working with the kids
Executive Chef / Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 25, 2017
its a great place to work, I wouldn't have changed anything the environment the kids the management where all professional the reaching out for help and the quick responses where excellent
Pros
I was able to have a life
Cons
3 month vacation
Excellent educational and work experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 24, 2017
I earned my Master of Arts in French Literature as well as completed one-year of doctoral studies of French literature. During this time, I also taught courses in French to undergraduates of the University.
Growing university campus with excellent attention to physical campus.
Professor of Education (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 14, 2017
The College of Education within the University of Alabama has turned the corner from a teaching and service College to a more sophisticated research unit in the past 5 years. Within Special Education and Multiple Abilities, the Multiple Abilities Program is nationally recognized and consistently develops Elementary teachers capable of diversification of instruction to meet the individual needs of all types and abilities of learners.
Significant support for professional growth
Assistant Professor of Second Language Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 12, 2017
The University of Alabama provides countless ways for new faculty to grow professionally and understand how to succeed. It is also one of the most beautiful campuses I've ever seen.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Office Associate Senior (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
I enjoy my job at the university. I am just looking for something part time to supplement my income I do not want to change jobs. I am self motivated and complete my tasks without being told to.
Student job
Behavioral Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
This was a job that was meant to just give me a little side money. Pay was good and the hours didn't interfere with my school work. Extra hours were also available.
Nice place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2017
Stay to yourself and get the job done. I don't have much more to say about this job. I was a graduate student and I think that it is the same at most institutions. It all depends on how well you interact with your P.I.. If you are a self starter do not get an overbearing P.I.. If you need someone on your back to help you be more productive do not go into a group with an aloof P.I.. That is all I have to say about that.
Supervisor
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2017
Supervisor would sit in office and watch movies most of the day. I would be left alone in a lab for hours at a time. There was to much playing games on computers and on cell phones.
Pros
holidays off
Cons
worry about funding
BEST place I have ever worked!
Asst Recruiting Coordinator, UA Ath Dep (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 26, 2017
Great university but also a great employer. I was able to learn from some of the very best. The hours can sometimes get long, but in the end, it is worth the experiences get in return.
Great Job Opportunities for Full Time Students
Housing Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 24, 2017
The University of Alabama is one of the premiere flagship universities in the country. What better than, as a student, be able to work for the university you attend and love so much. Not to mention, they are super flexible with schedules and is perfect for getting some extra money as a college student.
Very Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 19, 2017
Very simple and laidback. Customers were sweet here and there! Co-workers was easy to get along with. Nice workplace had all different kinds of fun things to sell! Very low salary
Pros
Bring own drinking water
Cons
Standing
Fun enviroment to work part time as a student
Student Video Editor/Writer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
Manage is nice in Shipping and Receiving

Not a real demanding job except when its time to check inventory

Flexible hours for students

Can move up and switch departments
Great job for any student
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
Great job for any undergrad student looking to make some extra money. Flexible with work hours and gives you opportunity to have some extra study time if it a slow night.
great educational opportunity and place of employment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed both taking classes and working for the American Studies department at the university of Alabama. The faculty were outstanding and the work environment was positive.
Pros
Opportunity to teach college courses
Cons
temporary
Hardest Job
Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2017
Because one works semester by semester, there is some gap between sessions in which you have to get ready for the next semester. There is never enough time and the expectations are often unreasonable. Low pay. New management - let's see.