University of Alabama Employee Review

View all University of Alabama reviews

Awesome staff and sweet friendly girls.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 15, 2013
I absolutely loved this job. I got to work the hours that fit my busy life. but most of all I loved my girls and my girls loved me. They were so sweet, caring, funny and always helpful.. I did general cleaning in the mansion 4 floors from the basement to the 3rd floor. Management was not good at all. The housemother was terrible and stressed the crew out especially the Housekeepers and Butlers. The alumni made this house a terrible place which the girls were always complaining and just made it a negative environment you always had to walk around on egg shells which made you even more nervous and caused you to forget to do something or do it wrong. The hardest part of this job was putting up with the Alumni they were not nice ladies they constantly pick and criticize everything you do which will eventually lead to your termination. I was awesome at my work, and fantastic building a relationship with the girls, but they did not like me for some reason so I was doomed to begin with. The staff was wonderful we all clicked like brothers and sisters and when we could we always helped one another out.
Pros
Meeting my girls, My co-workers.
Cons
Ridiculous Bullying by the Alumni. No raises, No benefits

Other University of Alabama Employee Reviews

It was just teaching and research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 11, 2017
It was just teaching and research assistant.
No restrict work most of time.
Little stressful when preparing class teaching.
Enjoyed most of time at the university of Alabama
Pros
freedom
Cons
low pay
Overall it was a great student job to have acquired while my time at the University of Alabama in Birmingham
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 28, 2017
A typical day at One Stop student services at the University of Alabama in Birmingham would be pretty laid back. I would print out student cards, relay information to counselors, put in information into student accounts; and sell tickets to customers for places like: Six Flags, Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and Alabama Adventures to name a few.
Pros
Allowed to complete homework and study occasionally
Cons
Low Pay and No Benefits