University of Alabama

University of Alabama United States Employee Reviews

Educational Workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Being able to make your own schedule
Cons: Can burn you out fast if you do not have many days off
At UAB hospital it gives employees the chance to learn about the health field as well as having a lot of hands on experience. It is a great place to work when you want to advance in the healthcare field or simply work to help others. Being able to work different hours also helps with a flexible schedule.
Great clinic
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: in the ghetto
I enjoyed my time and experience at this clinic. Work was very rewarding as result were seen in patient wellness. I will recommend this clinic to anyone
Wonderful experience here
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 9, 2015
I served as a graduate teaching assistant here. The professors in my department were wonderful and worked well with GTAs. I was able to complete my masters degree with a monthly stipend which relieved pressure of having to work additional hours outside of school and being a TA.
Laid back work enviroment
Custodial (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 8, 2015
The management and co-corkers at this job were very friendly and helpful when i was new and learning. I was able to work at my own pace and create my own schedule of when I wanted to do things during my work day.
Very fun place to work
Event Technician (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 23, 2015
I worked with Event Technologies, specifically in the audio production side of things. We were responsible for producing audio for all athletic events, as well as, conferences and ceremonies. It was a very good job, I learned a lot, and would recommend it to anyone.
Excellent work envirnoment
Graduate Faculty-Educational Leadership (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: researching and teaching with professionals
Cons: politics
Loved working with faculty and students. The chair of the department , The Chair of the department was admired and loved by all his students.
Great experience and Master's degree opportunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 16, 2015
Being a GTA is a demanding job and does not pay well, but my Master's degree courses are being paid for, so overall it's worth it. In the French department, GTAs are expected to teach 4 days a week, sometimes two separate classes. This can be very stressful and tiring, so I don't recommend this job to someone who isn't already well-organized with their time or who isn't willing to change that part of themselves.
University job
Study Hall Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 30, 2015
Monitored, opened, closed, maintained study halls. Managed these study halls in an isolated setting. Reported all issues with upper management. Hardest part was checking everything regularly on a certain time table. Most enjoyable was access to university materials I needed to make job easy
good place to study and work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 26, 2015
good workload and balance but pay check is not satisfied. Can't complain because you are a student and only work part time. Best thing is you can learn a lot and grow very quickly with new tech. People there are nice and helpful. good environment and good food.
Enjoyable
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 22, 2015
Learning while working was an added bonus since the professor was not only knowledgeable but personable.
Great Place to Work
Budget Officer's Student Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the university. The work load varied but I gained lots of experience while working there. My coworkers were very sweet people also. I still keep in contact with most of them now.
Employer encouraged advanced education and paid 30% tuition of my graduated school
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 7, 2015
It was very good school. I was so enjoyed to work with my co-workers. I left this position because my family moving to NY.
Graduate student (RA)
Graduate Counsel Fellow (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 31, 2014
I am working here as a Research Assistant. I am working in a lab environment.
Easy Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 29, 2014
Pros: paid for updating computers, could do my schoolwork while waiting for the updates to finish.
Cons: there was not always work to be done, so it could get boring.
I learned how to reinstall Windows OS. I mainly did Windows updates and antivirus scans on the computer lab PC's. If Adobe wasn't working right, I would reinstall Adobe.
Sales Program Corporate Events Staff (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great culture, great experience
Cons: no negatives
Worked there for 3 years under the Dean of all students. Had many job responsibilities, but i enjoyed every minute of it.
University of Alabama
Athletic Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 19, 2014
I served as Marketing Assistant to the Athletic Marketing Director including the creation of fliers to be distributed to local businesses around Tuscaloosa. I recruited local businesses to participate in athletic events. I attended events and helped to carry out promotions during sporting games. The hardest part of the job was having to leave when the internship was over.
Tough but rewarding
Unit Operations Lab Technician (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 16, 2014
I learned a lot in this class. Found a love for chemical engineering and field work running the operations labs.
Valuable learning experience
Personnel Coordinator (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 8, 2014
Very structured, great place to grow and learn. Opportunities for advancement exists.
faculty position
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 3, 2014
Went from tenure track to clinical faculty position. Tenure track position was work intensive with research, grants, teaching, and publication. Work as clinical faculty full-time is great. Love my job.
Cashier, Customer Service, Accounting
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 28, 2014
With this position, the store had a grand opening and I started off in Customer Service. From that point, I moved to the accounting room where I balanced the registers and managed the floor as well. When they needed me to run the register for relief, I also did that.

1 2 3 4 5

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more

University of Alabama Salaries