University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Good Environment
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 22, 2017
The administrators, coaches and staff at The University of Alabama all share the same goal to make athletics successful, and shape the student-athletes into hard working adults with great character.
Absolutely Phenomenal
Instructor of Record (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 16, 2017
The institution provided an inspirational, collaborative, and rich environment to pursue discovery. I am grateful for the opportunity to have taught hundreds of remarkable students as part of my responsibilities and service to the academy, which was made possible by the support of distinguished department chairs and various faculty committees. As a reflection of the publishing record, teaching excellence, and extraordinary service of my colleagues, our doctoral program is appropriately ranked as one of the strongest and most accomplished in the nation. I intend to honor this high bar of achievement in my future endeavors.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
This was a great environment to work in. You work in a lab setting on your own and at your own pace. Boss is very easy going and is helpful in answering questions
I love my job.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 13, 2017
I love my job. My supervisor and mangaement very supportive. Cultural diversity is highly respected . My team is so much fun. We care about each other. This is home away from home.
Pros
Benifits
okay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 7, 2017
It was a really good environment working area, I have really learned a lot there. Actually I like this company, but it was merged into remote company finally which is in Philadelphia..
Pros
good.
Cons
fine.
Hard working indiviual who enjoys coming to work
Mail Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 7, 2017
Delivering incoming and outgoing mail to each department. I learned every little detail about a piece of mail. The hardest part of the job was never knowing how much mail was being delivered or picked up from each department. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customer service.
Pros
Customer Service, day shift position
Cons
weather conditions
Excellent Company for starters
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 1, 2017
Both the physical environment and interpersonal environment are pleasant. Everybody on campus is super nice and willing to help. I learned a lot here regarding how to be a good person. As an employee, I arrived at the department building around 8am and arrived home at 6 every work day. The hardest part of the job is to come up with new strategies in making an effective strategy. The most enjoyable part of the job is to walk to campus and greet my colleagues every day.
Pros
Great social and physical environment
Cons
n/a
Working at UAB
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 27, 2017
An overall day at UAB is a great place to work. They always offer classes for whatever position that you work in. There is not that is difficult about the job, if you have any issues or problems there is always someone there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others whether it be co workers or patients.
Enjoyable place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 25, 2017
As a graduate student, I arrive the department building around 9am and come home around 6 every work day. I go to school on weekends most of time but not always. I have vocations on national holidays. I have been teaching undergraduate courses here for more than 2 years now. The hardest part of the job is to teach students generalizable concepts meanwhile giving them clear instruction and demonstration for assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is to walk to campus and greet my colleagues every day.
Pros
enjoyable physical and social environment
Cons
lack of research money
Fun workplace with enthusiastic patrons
Box Office Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day as ticket seller began with opening the box office. I signed in to our ticket selling program and looked for any additional work that needed to get done before the box office closed for the day or before a show that night. As a more senior seller, I was frequently in charge of the box office, helping the novice sellers operate the ticket printing machine (BOCA) or helping them with any computer issues that arose. I loved working as a ticket seller in a theatre's box office. It was a fun environment that allowed me to be professional and open to the needs of our patrons, as well as communicate with the actors, stage managers, lighting designers, etc. on a daily basis.
Productive and fun environment
Student Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 16, 2017
Observed relationships between coach and student athlete. Participated when required to allow practice to run smoothly. Enjoyable environment.
great for going to school
Competitive Club & Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed the job and it was helpful to have it while I was in school. The hours were flexible and I enjoyed working outdoors
Amazing school
Assistant Professor, Mechanical and Aerospace (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 9, 2017
Working at the LAB with my students.
Working on my proposals and research.
Creating class lecture and preparing homework and tests for the students.
Evaluating students performance.
Office hours for students.
the working environment is good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2017
the university locates at a quiet and small town, which is helpful if you want to concentrate on your study for not many choices for leisure time.
Worked as a network administrator where my duties included maintaining and troubleshooting network and personal computers.
Network Administrator, Simulations Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2017
Employed as a defense contractor to the Research Development and Engineering Center (RDEC) of the U.S. Army located on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. Worked as a network administrator where my duties included maintaining and troubleshooting network and personal computer related problems for over 200 end users. Duties included installing and testing network and fiber optic cabling, performing networking, hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting. I provided support and troubleshooting duties for Windows NT, 2000, and XP based systems. I also provided end-user technical support in both hardware and software applications where it was necessary to maintain excellent personal relations. This included working closely with coworkers, staff and technicians in identifying and resolving problems. While employed, I held a U.S. DOD secret security clearance.
Great experience
Personal Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 2, 2017
Overall, a great work environment. The department of Health Science is filled with great employees. Great flexibility and freedom for my teaching style.
Good funding package for graduate students
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 29, 2016
Students funding package includes tuition scholarship and graduate teaching assistant position. Generally less than 25 hours of work, despite assignment.
Research on Rural ADT model development and validation
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 14, 2016
I supposed to work 20hrs per week. During this period i will be performing research on Transportation Engineering using GIS.
Transition
Football Player(Def. Captain) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 12, 2016
Playing football at the University of Alabama opened up a lot of avenues and it allowed me to be able to use their platform to be able to reach kids younger than myself or even adults
Pros
Growing in life
Nice place to work, loved my work schedule
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2016
Loved working overtime, Monday-Friday off on weekends, get off work 12:30 in the afternoon
If your looking for a job with a "set schedule" this is the job for you.
Cons
The amount of work vs. the amount of money an hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Alabama. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5