University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Exciting but physically daunting if clients needed restraints.
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 5, 2016
The best part of my job was the teamwork. The worst part of the job was not being recognized for the achievements we obtained.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Learned a great deal about parenting and how people view their role as a caregiver.
Parent Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  651 5th Ave East Tuscaloosa, Al 35487September 15, 2016
Answered calls from parents with questions about how best to handle certain parenting situations.
Wrote 130 "tip sheets" that were sent in the mail to parents who requested them.
Developed a FB page for PAL-Parenting Assistance Line
Excellent work environment with many opportunities for involvement.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 11, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the University of Alabama. My day-to-day duties included providing course and career counseling to students. I learned a great deal about the university's policies as well as information specifically related to my position. My co-workers were extremely helpful in answering my questions and offering suggestions, as were my supervisors, from the beginning. These relationships helped foster a productive working environment. The most difficult part of my job required me to help students assess their competitiveness for professional school and their chosen careers, which often led to them exploring other career options. The most enjoyable part of my job was receiving thanks from students who were accepted into professional school and from working directly with those highly motivated and determined students.
Pros
Excellent relationships, PTO, holidays off, opportunities for involvement
Cons
Low salary, few avenues for advancement
Uab
Inclusive Parent Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Alabama, NYNovember 6, 2015
I worked for UAB twice. The first time was 92-96 as a full time employee. The second time was part time, from home, in a 3 year project. Both times were great. UAB is such a wonderful place to work. Great environment, benefits, learning opportunities, and advancement.
Pros
esperience
Cons
parking
Productive and Diverse workplace
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 22, 2016
As both a student and worker at the University of Alabama, I feel very comfortable in the company culture and see opportunities for advancement. The staff is very friendly and so far my transition into the position has been relatively smooth.
Fast paced, detail oriented
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 10, 2016
It's the type of place where you will thrive if you do what's asked of you, and pay attention to the details of tasks assigned.
Pros
Tons of weight to lift
Cons
No salary
good university
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 1, 2016
Roll Tide Roll

The university of Alabama have improved in many areas since I started my graduate studies at the university in 2009.
great place to study and involve in activities (research/teaching) and more importantly college foot ball.
Internships were fun and enjoyable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 12, 2016
I did several internships through the University of Alabama. I enjoyed every one of them. The preceptors and the professors were nice and helpful. I gained invaluable experience.
Pros
Invaluable experience
Cons
unpaid internships
volunteer asst coach
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  tuscaloosa , alabamaJune 29, 2015
• Work daily head coach, Coach Kane, helping to write and monitor training programs that require specific day-to-day training
• Hold academic and athletic goal meetings for over ten individual athletes
• Serve as a coach and mentor to student-athletes in the various sprinting events between the 100m and 800m.
• Assist in managing and planning on-campus recruiting visits, campus tours, dinner meetings and management of hosts and prospects
• Help monitor the academic progress of over 20 student-athletes

• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA indoor and outdoor champion, Diondre Batson
• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA champion Remona Burchell
Pros
traveling
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work was waking the children at the center and providing the supervision needed. The management on the job was supportive and team players. The hardest part of the job was working long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children make positive progress toward good behaviors.
Pros
enjoy working with children
Cons
Long work hours for weekend workers
Fun place to work.
Alumni & Volunteer Recruitment (AVR)Team (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 7, 2016
The University of Alabama promotes work life balance and great work hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to participate in game day activities.
Great place!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 7, 2016
Working in this company was such a wonderful experience! I got to meet so many new people which is one thing I enjoy alot. The most enjoyable part was gaining life long friends through not only my coworkers and superiors, but also those that I was able to help. Very rewarding!
student job
Administrative Assistant- Student Employee (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2016
I worked as a student employee so the work load wasnt tough and I only worked part time but it was great experience.
Pros
worked around my schedule, diverse surroundings
lovely town
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2016
The university of alabama, tuscaloosa. Tuscaloosa is a really nice town, not big, but has almost everything you need. The residents in T Town are friendly.
Only an internship
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2016
My internship was full of rewarding work. My professor provided me opportunities to be creative and find solutions using various testing methodologies
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2016
• Provide the highest quality of food, excellent unrivaled service, and an overall enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every guest per the aspiration of each employee and the organization's standards
• Welcomed patrons, seated them at tables, and provided them with menus
• Perform daily preventative maintenance, checks, and services and identifies equipment failures
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans
Pros
Great Life Experience
Cons
N/A
Most enjoyable part of the job
Event Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2016
Working with quality associates and being affiliated with such a great university. Worked for 9 months with them and enjoyed all of it.
Very good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
Very supportive faculty and staff, sometimes one has to breach language barriers, but the professors make it easy

Co-workers are great

Faculty and staff are supportive

the hardest part is dealing with terrible undergraduates
Pros
weekly tea parties after colloquium
easy advancement oppurtunities
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2015
some management issues....open door policy isn't made for reg employes...once you have an issue it sticks with you through the duration of your time
Pros
good about giving raises
Cons
open door policy sucks
Relaxed enviroment and very informative staff
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2016
10-15 hours a week in Engines lab
Modeling 3d figures for data analysis and to run simulations
Professors were able to meet at moments notice
Team members were very insightful and helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Alabama. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5