University of Alabama Employee Reviews in United States

Only an internship
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2016
My internship was full of rewarding work. My professor provided me opportunities to be creative and find solutions using various testing methodologies
lovely town
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2016
The university of alabama, tuscaloosa. Tuscaloosa is a really nice town, not big, but has almost everything you need. The residents in T Town are friendly.
student job
Administrative Assistant- Student Employee (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2016
I worked as a student employee so the work load wasnt tough and I only worked part time but it was great experience.
Pros
worked around my schedule, diverse surroundings
Cons
Most enjoyable part of the job
Event Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2016
Working with quality associates and being affiliated with such a great university. Worked for 9 months with them and enjoyed all of it.
Great place!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 7, 2016
Working in this company was such a wonderful experience! I got to meet so many new people which is one thing I enjoy alot. The most enjoyable part was gaining life long friends through not only my coworkers and superiors, but also those that I was able to help. Very rewarding!
Relaxed enviroment and very informative staff
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2016
10-15 hours a week in Engines lab
Modeling 3d figures for data analysis and to run simulations
Professors were able to meet at moments notice
Team members were very insightful and helpful
great place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 23, 2016
Great place to work. The managment is kind of slacking in responsibility in my current program. Besides that best place I hAve ever worked.
Very good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
Very supportive faculty and staff, sometimes one has to breach language barriers, but the professors make it easy

Co-workers are great

Faculty and staff are supportive

the hardest part is dealing with terrible undergraduates
Pros
weekly tea parties after colloquium
Independent Research
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mechanical Engineering Combustion LaboratoriesApril 19, 2016
The flexibility of this position is great. The University of Alabama is a world-class institution with unparalleled opportunity and growth.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Lenient Deadlines
Cons
Speed of Funding Turn-over
Exciting but physically daunting if clients needed restraints.
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 5, 2016
The best part of my job was the teamwork. The worst part of the job was not being recognized for the achievements we obtained.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
most enjoyable about the job
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2016
Meeting new employees and time spent with co-workers. Flexibility of hours. Ability to use my skills to the fullest. The smiles that are but on employee faces when checks are deposited into their accounts.
Same as other review.
Graduate research student/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 11, 2016
This job was the same as the other review. You aren't paid for undergraduate research, but it's useful in getting experience in a lab setting.
Fast paced, detail oriented
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 10, 2016
It's the type of place where you will thrive if you do what's asked of you, and pay attention to the details of tasks assigned.
Pros
Tons of weight to lift
Cons
No salary
Advanced Hospital for Endoscopy
Advanced Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2016
Advanced hospital for Gastroenterology. I received advanced training that prepared me for all types of endoscopic procedures.
fun and rewarding
Rural Minority Health Scholars Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 18, 2016
I met many individuals I was able to network with. I worked and lived with the program participants. I was able to inspire and influence students who wanted to pursue the medical field.
comfortable workplace
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
every day was a knowledge gaining experience. There for full co-operation and freedom from my professor. Friendly co-workers, and there were projects to be completed before deadline. The hardest part is,for me, bringing a unique outcome with the resources provided. The solutions were the most enjoyable part
Pros
freedom
Cons
nothing i noticed
Very productive with some faculties, but not all
Research assistant (Laboratory Manager) (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 10, 2016
Some professors work so hard and produce a lot of outputs. But some are very lazy and want to do nothing.
If along with the good professors, you will have a chance to upgrade yourself.
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2016
• Provide the highest quality of food, excellent unrivaled service, and an overall enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every guest per the aspiration of each employee and the organization's standards
• Welcomed patrons, seated them at tables, and provided them with menus
• Perform daily preventative maintenance, checks, and services and identifies equipment failures
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans
Pros
Great Life Experience
Cons
N/A
Supportive workplace that encouraged research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 4, 2016
I worked as an REU student during the summer and Alabama facilitated an environment that encouraged my research which led to me eventually pursuing graduate research
An inspiring environment with plenty of opportunities
Sales Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 23, 2015
I worked for the University of Alabama Sales Program for two years. I had the opportunity to learn many professional skills such as resume building, public speaking, interview skills, sales skills, and much more. Their training is excellent and this program really challenges its employees to be better and improve every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Alabama. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5