University of Alabama Employee Reviews

Student employee
Assistant Building Representative (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 24, 2017
i like working here, but i was a student so that was my first priority. Student employees get paid the same thing and can only work a certain amount of hours per week. Just something to do with my time and make extra money
Convenient place to work for students.
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 17, 2017
I have enjoyed each setting I have worked in at The University of Alabama. The hours are good and the employers are usually willing to work around students' schedules.
Pros
School Holidays
Huge hospital with opportunities to grow
Birmingham, Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2017
Opportunity to grow and advance possible. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Very comfortable office environment. Physicians and other coworkers very pleasant to work with.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 15, 2017
Wonderful beautiful campus, rich history. It was an honor to work there. Fantastic benefits good pay nice atmosphere tuition discounts for yourself and family.
N/a
Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 13, 2017
Pleasant place to work, Supervisors and staff are very helpful. The culture here at UA is very inviting and inclusive. I rhave eally enjoy my time here at UA.
Fair Hospital To Work In
ISC II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2017
UAB is a large medical center and is very forward thinking about how they improve patient care for the present and the futures. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Coworkers
Already did this!!
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2017
It's kind of hard to talk about student work, because it was just THAT, student work. Enjoyed my time at Alabama and wish I could go back to being a student again
Amazing school
Member of FATE (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 3, 2017
This was not a job, however this a club I was a member of for my college career. We learned how to be as successful as possible and learned from the successful alumni of the school
Very little respect for graduate students
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 30, 2017
Always seem to be issues regarding funding from either outside institutions or within the university. Every semester it comes down to the last week before you find out whether you'll even have money to pay for school or rent. Extremely frustrating and adds to the stress of an already stressful workload.
Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 30, 2017
The University of Alabama is one of THE best universities to get a degree from. I was lucky enough to obtain my degree from there. A bonus for me was to actually work there. I got to meet so many head hunters of the university and was able to get so many perks.

Want to know more about University of Alabama?

Ask a question
The University of Alabama
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  B.B ComerMarch 28, 2017
Working at the University of Alabama was the best work experience of my life. If I had it to do over, I would not hesitate. I love the University of Alabama.
Good Experience
Student Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 26, 2017
Overall Good Experience, Off for all school holidays, Good Management. I worked with many designers and got a lot of experience in a commercial design setting. A good job to balance with school.
Good Environment
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 22, 2017
The administrators, coaches and staff at The University of Alabama all share the same goal to make athletics successful, and shape the student-athletes into hard working adults with great character.
Absolutely Phenomenal
Instructor of Record (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 16, 2017
The institution provided an inspirational, collaborative, and rich environment to pursue discovery. I am grateful for the opportunity to have taught hundreds of remarkable students as part of my responsibilities and service to the academy, which was made possible by the support of distinguished department chairs and various faculty committees. As a reflection of the publishing record, teaching excellence, and extraordinary service of my colleagues, our doctoral program is appropriately ranked as one of the strongest and most accomplished in the nation. I intend to honor this high bar of achievement in my future endeavors.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
This was a great environment to work in. You work in a lab setting on your own and at your own pace. Boss is very easy going and is helpful in answering questions
I love my job.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 13, 2017
I love my job. My supervisor and mangaement very supportive. Cultural diversity is highly respected . My team is so much fun. We care about each other. This is home away from home.
Pros
Benifits
okay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 7, 2017
It was a really good environment working area, I have really learned a lot there. Actually I like this company, but it was merged into remote company finally which is in Philadelphia..
Pros
good.
Cons
fine.
Hard working indiviual who enjoys coming to work
Mail Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 7, 2017
Delivering incoming and outgoing mail to each department. I learned every little detail about a piece of mail. The hardest part of the job was never knowing how much mail was being delivered or picked up from each department. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customer service.
Pros
Customer Service, day shift position
Cons
weather conditions
Excellent Company for starters
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 1, 2017
Both the physical environment and interpersonal environment are pleasant. Everybody on campus is super nice and willing to help. I learned a lot here regarding how to be a good person. As an employee, I arrived at the department building around 8am and arrived home at 6 every work day. The hardest part of the job is to come up with new strategies in making an effective strategy. The most enjoyable part of the job is to walk to campus and greet my colleagues every day.
Pros
Great social and physical environment
Cons
n/a
Working at UAB
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 27, 2017
An overall day at UAB is a great place to work. They always offer classes for whatever position that you work in. There is not that is difficult about the job, if you have any issues or problems there is always someone there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping others whether it be co workers or patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Alabama. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5