University of Alabama Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed enviroment and very informative staff
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2016
10-15 hours a week in Engines lab
Modeling 3d figures for data analysis and to run simulations
Professors were able to meet at moments notice
Team members were very insightful and helpful
great place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 23, 2016
Great place to work. The managment is kind of slacking in responsibility in my current program. Besides that best place I hAve ever worked.
Very good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
Very supportive faculty and staff, sometimes one has to breach language barriers, but the professors make it easy

Co-workers are great

Faculty and staff are supportive

the hardest part is dealing with terrible undergraduates
Pros
weekly tea parties after colloquium
Independent Research
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mechanical Engineering Combustion LaboratoriesApril 19, 2016
The flexibility of this position is great. The University of Alabama is a world-class institution with unparalleled opportunity and growth.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Lenient Deadlines
Cons
Speed of Funding Turn-over
Exciting but physically daunting if clients needed restraints.
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 5, 2016
The best part of my job was the teamwork. The worst part of the job was not being recognized for the achievements we obtained.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
most enjoyable about the job
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2016
Meeting new employees and time spent with co-workers. Flexibility of hours. Ability to use my skills to the fullest. The smiles that are but on employee faces when checks are deposited into their accounts.
Same as other review.
Graduate research student/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 11, 2016
This job was the same as the other review. You aren't paid for undergraduate research, but it's useful in getting experience in a lab setting.
Fast paced, detail oriented
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 10, 2016
It's the type of place where you will thrive if you do what's asked of you, and pay attention to the details of tasks assigned.
Pros
Tons of weight to lift
Cons
No salary
Advanced Hospital for Endoscopy
Advanced Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2016
Advanced hospital for Gastroenterology. I received advanced training that prepared me for all types of endoscopic procedures.
fun and rewarding
Rural Minority Health Scholars Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 18, 2016
I met many individuals I was able to network with. I worked and lived with the program participants. I was able to inspire and influence students who wanted to pursue the medical field.
comfortable workplace
research assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
every day was a knowledge gaining experience. There for full co-operation and freedom from my professor. Friendly co-workers, and there were projects to be completed before deadline. The hardest part is,for me, bringing a unique outcome with the resources provided. The solutions were the most enjoyable part
Pros
freedom
Cons
nothing i noticed
Very productive with some faculties, but not all
Research assistant (Laboratory Manager) (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 10, 2016
Some professors work so hard and produce a lot of outputs. But some are very lazy and want to do nothing.
If along with the good professors, you will have a chance to upgrade yourself.
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2016
• Provide the highest quality of food, excellent unrivaled service, and an overall enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every guest per the aspiration of each employee and the organization's standards
• Welcomed patrons, seated them at tables, and provided them with menus
• Perform daily preventative maintenance, checks, and services and identifies equipment failures
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans
Pros
Great Life Experience
Cons
N/A
Supportive workplace that encouraged research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 4, 2016
I worked as an REU student during the summer and Alabama facilitated an environment that encouraged my research which led to me eventually pursuing graduate research
An inspiring environment with plenty of opportunities
Sales Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 23, 2015
I worked for the University of Alabama Sales Program for two years. I had the opportunity to learn many professional skills such as resume building, public speaking, interview skills, sales skills, and much more. Their training is excellent and this program really challenges its employees to be better and improve every day.
Fun Workplace
Equipment Manage (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 1, 2015
Required to show up for every football practice. Was in charge of setting up practices and drills every day. Very good job.
Great Opportunities
Doctoral Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 30, 2015
Great university to attend

The professors care about their students' interests and helping them to secure employment after graduation
Working with people to promote university Agenda
Young Men's Leadership Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 23, 2015
Work place that is supportive and doing transformative work. Cares about personal and professional growth. Politics and and requirements involved, but also necessary the work being done.
They are amazing
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the University of Alabama. My bosses were all very down to Earth and conscious of my own work load as a graduate student.
Uab
Inclusive Parent Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Alabama, NYNovember 6, 2015
I worked for UAB twice. The first time was 92-96 as a full time employee. The second time was part time, from home, in a 3 year project. Both times were great. UAB is such a wonderful place to work. Great environment, benefits, learning opportunities, and advancement.
Pros
esperience
Cons
parking

4.5