University of Alabama Employee Reviews in United States

Exciting but physically daunting if clients needed restraints.
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 5, 2016
The best part of my job was the teamwork. The worst part of the job was not being recognized for the achievements we obtained.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Uab
Inclusive Parent Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Alabama, NYNovember 6, 2015
I worked for UAB twice. The first time was 92-96 as a full time employee. The second time was part time, from home, in a 3 year project. Both times were great. UAB is such a wonderful place to work. Great environment, benefits, learning opportunities, and advancement.
Pros
esperience
Cons
parking
Excellent work environment with many opportunities for involvement.
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 11, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the University of Alabama. My day-to-day duties included providing course and career counseling to students. I learned a great deal about the university's policies as well as information specifically related to my position. My co-workers were extremely helpful in answering my questions and offering suggestions, as were my supervisors, from the beginning. These relationships helped foster a productive working environment. The most difficult part of my job required me to help students assess their competitiveness for professional school and their chosen careers, which often led to them exploring other career options. The most enjoyable part of my job was receiving thanks from students who were accepted into professional school and from working directly with those highly motivated and determined students.
Pros
Excellent relationships, PTO, holidays off, opportunities for involvement
Cons
Low salary, few avenues for advancement
Fast paced, detail oriented
Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 10, 2016
It's the type of place where you will thrive if you do what's asked of you, and pay attention to the details of tasks assigned.
Pros
Tons of weight to lift
Cons
No salary
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work was waking the children at the center and providing the supervision needed. The management on the job was supportive and team players. The hardest part of the job was working long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children make positive progress toward good behaviors.
Pros
enjoy working with children
Cons
Long work hours for weekend workers
volunteer asst coach
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  tuscaloosa , alabamaJune 29, 2015
• Work daily head coach, Coach Kane, helping to write and monitor training programs that require specific day-to-day training
• Hold academic and athletic goal meetings for over ten individual athletes
• Serve as a coach and mentor to student-athletes in the various sprinting events between the 100m and 800m.
• Assist in managing and planning on-campus recruiting visits, campus tours, dinner meetings and management of hosts and prospects
• Help monitor the academic progress of over 20 student-athletes

• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA indoor and outdoor champion, Diondre Batson
• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA champion Remona Burchell
Pros
traveling
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider
Greeter, Host, Busser, and Maintenance Provider (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2016
• Provide the highest quality of food, excellent unrivaled service, and an overall enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every guest per the aspiration of each employee and the organization's standards
• Welcomed patrons, seated them at tables, and provided them with menus
• Perform daily preventative maintenance, checks, and services and identifies equipment failures
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas and completed other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans
Pros
Great Life Experience
Cons
N/A
easy advancement oppurtunities
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2015
some management issues....open door policy isn't made for reg employes...once you have an issue it sticks with you through the duration of your time
Pros
good about giving raises
Cons
open door policy sucks
Great place!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 7, 2016
Working in this company was such a wonderful experience! I got to meet so many new people which is one thing I enjoy alot. The most enjoyable part was gaining life long friends through not only my coworkers and superiors, but also those that I was able to help. Very rewarding!
Very good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 21, 2016
Very supportive faculty and staff, sometimes one has to breach language barriers, but the professors make it easy

Co-workers are great

Faculty and staff are supportive

the hardest part is dealing with terrible undergraduates
Pros
weekly tea parties after colloquium
Working with people to promote university Agenda
Young Men's Leadership Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 23, 2015
Work place that is supportive and doing transformative work. Cares about personal and professional growth. Politics and and requirements involved, but also necessary the work being done.
student job
Administrative Assistant- Student Employee (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 27, 2016
I worked as a student employee so the work load wasnt tough and I only worked part time but it was great experience.
Pros
worked around my schedule, diverse surroundings
Cons
Relaxed enviroment and very informative staff
Senior Design Project (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 1, 2016
10-15 hours a week in Engines lab
Modeling 3d figures for data analysis and to run simulations
Professors were able to meet at moments notice
Team members were very insightful and helpful
Independent Research
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mechanical Engineering Combustion LaboratoriesApril 19, 2016
The flexibility of this position is great. The University of Alabama is a world-class institution with unparalleled opportunity and growth.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Lenient Deadlines
Cons
Speed of Funding Turn-over
Most enjoyable part of the job
Event Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 18, 2016
Working with quality associates and being affiliated with such a great university. Worked for 9 months with them and enjoyed all of it.
lovely town
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2016
The university of alabama, tuscaloosa. Tuscaloosa is a really nice town, not big, but has almost everything you need. The residents in T Town are friendly.
Only an internship
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 10, 2016
My internship was full of rewarding work. My professor provided me opportunities to be creative and find solutions using various testing methodologies
most enjoyable about the job
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 4, 2016
Meeting new employees and time spent with co-workers. Flexibility of hours. Ability to use my skills to the fullest. The smiles that are but on employee faces when checks are deposited into their accounts.
great place to work
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 23, 2016
Great place to work. The managment is kind of slacking in responsibility in my current program. Besides that best place I hAve ever worked.
An inspiring environment with plenty of opportunities
Sales Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 23, 2015
I worked for the University of Alabama Sales Program for two years. I had the opportunity to learn many professional skills such as resume building, public speaking, interview skills, sales skills, and much more. Their training is excellent and this program really challenges its employees to be better and improve every day.

4.5