University of Alabama Employee Reviews in United States

Great Opportunities
Doctoral Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 30, 2015
Great university to attend

The professors care about their students' interests and helping them to secure employment after graduation
Working with people to promote university Agenda
Young Men's Leadership Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 23, 2015
Work place that is supportive and doing transformative work. Cares about personal and professional growth. Politics and and requirements involved, but also necessary the work being done.
They are amazing
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working at the University of Alabama. My bosses were all very down to Earth and conscious of my own work load as a graduate student.
Uab
Inclusive Parent Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Alabama, NYNovember 6, 2015
I worked for UAB twice. The first time was 92-96 as a full time employee. The second time was part time, from home, in a 3 year project. Both times were great. UAB is such a wonderful place to work. Great environment, benefits, learning opportunities, and advancement.
Pros
esperience
Cons
parking
good job
Data Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 26, 2015
good place to work. room for advancement. hiring process a little difficult if you are not in the system.
i left this job to go to another job.
good company to work for
Interesting culture of learning and medical coding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 4, 2015
Enjoyable and interesting working for Surgeon-in-Chief of Pediatric Surgery. Interacting with children and parents. Communicating with people from all over the world and arranging travel for them to have surgery in the United States. Creating and preparing presentation for teaching of laparoscopic surgical techniques, working with students and medical coding for surgery and arranging clinic appointments.
Pros
Learning many different aspects of Pediatric Surgery
Cons
Seeing very sick children
Productive, enjoyable, and driven superiors and co-workers
Dendrochronology Research Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 27, 2015
In the lab, there is a strict list of procedures we must follow to accurately prepare samples for analysis. Everything from sanding the samples to physically dating and measuring the samples must be done to obtain the final results. That is one thing I throughly enjoy about this position; I am working on something new almost every day. My boss is an extremely approachable, respectful, and helpful leader when it comes to our projects. He guides me through my work and provides assistance rather than criticizing when he notices my shortcomings. Also, my co-workers are very helpful. The projects we work on require communication and teamwork, so it is important for me to be able to be as reliable to my co-workers as they are to me. I do not like to fail at things so my least favorite part of the job is when I make mistakes. On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy the satisfaction of completing a project, which is my favorite part of my job.
Pros
Flexible hours, great staff
great and exciting.
University of Alabama Track and Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlabamaSeptember 25, 2015
it kept you on the right path, and you will learn a lot from the university. it will teach you many wonders. It was great to experience.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant for Dr. Gilpin (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 17, 2015
Acquired proficient skills with excel and other computer skills. Interacted with children of preschool ages, and exemplified good coping strategies to better control emotions. I enjoyed learning about children and their behavior.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, AlSeptember 9, 2015
A typical day at work was waking the children at the center and providing the supervision needed. The management on the job was supportive and team players. The hardest part of the job was working long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children make positive progress toward good behaviors.
Pros
enjoy working with children
Cons
Long work hours for weekend workers
clinical site
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 24, 2015
Love them they are the best company i have ever been with and i have my heart set on getting a job there when i graduate. I loved the people, atmosphere, job, operational hours, etc.
Trauma & Burn ICU
ICU RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2015
Wonderful teamwork and driven staff members. Wonderful place to learn about the fast pace world of emergency medicine.
Entry Level Job required a lot of walking and running around
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2015
The job was fairly easy. The company provided much training and skills for employees. The morale was low within my work area, but overall management seemed to have an open door policy.
easy advancement oppurtunities
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 22, 2015
some management issues....open door policy isn't made for reg employes...once you have an issue it sticks with you through the duration of your time
Pros
good about giving raises
Cons
open door policy sucks
volunteer asst coach
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  tuscaloosa , alabamaJune 29, 2015
• Work daily head coach, Coach Kane, helping to write and monitor training programs that require specific day-to-day training
• Hold academic and athletic goal meetings for over ten individual athletes
• Serve as a coach and mentor to student-athletes in the various sprinting events between the 100m and 800m.
• Assist in managing and planning on-campus recruiting visits, campus tours, dinner meetings and management of hosts and prospects
• Help monitor the academic progress of over 20 student-athletes

• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA indoor and outdoor champion, Diondre Batson
• Assisted in the development and training of NCAA champion Remona Burchell
Pros
traveling
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 25, 2015
I worked as a GTA for The University of Alabama in the Geography Department. It paid my tuition and provided a monthly stipend. I instructed students and graded their assignments and exams. Occasionally I proctored exams for other professors. For what it was, it was very enjoyable.
Pros
paid my tuition
Cons
had to deal with annoying undergraduate students
Fast paced collabrative student environment
3D Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 13, 2015
A Large portion of time is spent processing the volume of requests for 3D printed objects. Anywhere from three to five tours a day. Free time is spent Designing, working on scans, or helping with student projects. Machine maintenance both preventative and reactionary for up to seven different printers.
Pros
On Campus, highly efficient work environment
Cons
capped at 20hrs a week if enrolled
Working as the digital-media marketing intern at The University of Alabama was an exceptional learning experience.
Media Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 12, 2015
Working as the digital-media marketing intern at The University of Alabama was an exceptional learning experience, and assisted me in blossoming from a college student into an eager professional.
Excellent electron microscopy facilities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 10, 2015
Work with other graduate students to complete advanced materials research using the University of Alabama Central Analytical Facility (CAF) which houses many microscopes including a FIB, SEM, TEM, and LEAP.
Pros
Amazing and well funded microscopy facility
Cons
The Alabama football fans are insane
Great team!
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 7, 2015
I loved my time working for the University of ALabama, we became a little family. I loved working all the events, but it was very time consuming. It comes with great perks and benefits.

4.5