University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Huge campus with very friendly people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: multiple activities and football team
Cons: campus bus do not come very often
I met a lot of people and had a lot of friends there
I participated several activities during my spare time
I felt involved
Great work habits
FTO/Corporal (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: self leader
Cons: 60 hour work week
Police duties relate to field training newly hired officers, being in a management role gave me a well being great joy.
They put a lot of emphasis on academia while still allowing you to have a life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free social events, amazing invited speakers
Cons: small, southern town (if this isn't really your thing)
The University of Alabama provides a lot of opportunities for graduate students. Teaching Assistantships, if awarded, are a secure way to pay for school and receive some money through instruction of lower level classes. The pay is decent, the amenities on campus and in Tuscaloosa are typical of most college towns, and the people are very friendly. The – more... graduate departments do a wonderful job of putting together lectures series, bringing in guest speakers, and providing outlets for future prospective career options. They also encourage all students to have a social life, and do so by setting up dinners, outdoor trips, pizza parties etc. Everyone is very enjoyable to be around, and I have had a wonderful experience within this University's graduate studies program. While balancing the work load and teaching is most definitely the hardest part of the job, the academic mentors are incredible with assisting and providing helpful insight whenever possible. – less
Student Manager for the football team
Team Football Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 4, 2013
Typical workday was very stressful trying to balance work and school. Worked directly with the players and coaches on a daily basis and provided them with whatever they needed. Was apart of three national championships in five years.
Engaging, rewarding work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits (health insurance w/ dental)
I enjoyed working as a research assistant and teaching assistant in the UA History Department. The opportunity to coordinate professional psychological research was a valuable learning experience, and spending two years teaching my own psychology lab section gave me invaluable teaching experience.
no comment
Spain Rehab.in Birmingham (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day was busy --but productive--patients improved.--their UAB management was --good.
Flexible schedule using online source for teaching .
ACCESS Distance Learning: Web - Based Instructor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 26, 2013
Pros: work station was flexible
Cons: not sufficient opportunities
This teaching opportunity allowed for creativity and flexibility by using the online experience. Teachers are encouraged to supplement standardized courses to meet the needs of students. There were not enough courses available to aid me financially.
Super Fun Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work For My School (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 6, 2013
Volunteering at the Alabama games was so much fun. I also got to meet some of the players which was great.
Graduate Assistantship.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), tuscaloosa, ALJuly 25, 2013
Great grad school experience. Completed assistantship contract and residency hours.
Exciting and productive place to work
Computer Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 21, 2013
A typical day at work will be fast paced. There are many things to learn throughout the year.
Tutor students utilizing computer software in a computer lab setting
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), B1 Tutwiler HallJuly 19, 2013
I attended classes at the University of Alabama, and was able to work around my schedule. I loved the environment in which I worked, very friendly atmosphere and fun.
Great Place to work
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2013
Great place to work if you are a full time student. Understanding of your academic workload and strive to work around that.
Peer Coach (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 9, 2013
Pros: very bright and dedicated people
Autonomy to accomplish goals
Accessible management with a genuine open door policy
Educative
Librarian (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 8, 2013
I am very glad I spend 5 years here, I grow myself not only in academic, more important is always to keep optimistic attitude.
Best and hardest time of my career as a student
Student Chemical Engineer (Operations Laboratory) (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 2, 2013
This class was a culmination of all that I learned as a student here in chemical engineering. This class lasted six weeks in which were were broken up into groups of five and assigned five different projects to complete. We worked what was potentially a regular chemical engineer's schedule, or at least we were told that. Each group was in charge of – more... their own schedule and my group showed up on campus every morning at 8 o'clock. As we began working on our projects the time we left each night got longer and longer till one night we all ended up spending the night editing and revising a lab report that was due the next morning at 8 o'clock. My group members and I loved and hated each other at times, however, in the end we all did exceptionally well and our grade reflected so. When difficult moments arrived the staff was there to help us see our way through. – less
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 26, 2013
Pros: easy job, good benefits
Cons: bad hours, not much pay
It was a fun position while I was in college. It paid for room and board, and it provided an opportunity to meet a lot of people on campus.
Great place to learn and grow
BabyTALK Intern (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2013
I loved working as a student recruiter at the University of Alabama for the University of Alabama football team. I met new people and learned so many great things.
Love this job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 28, 2013
I gave the overview of the experiment, then I showed how to set up the equipment and then just be there if they have any question. Actually the students have lot of questions/problems while they do experiment. But if you love Chemistry and working with undergraduates, you will love this job.
Being a referee is a challenging, and sometimes thankless, job but the management is well aware and does well to counter this.
Intramural Football Referee (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: dealing with players with poor sportsmanship
The job could be challenging at times, but those in charge were very patient and understanding, as being a referee is not an exact science. They teach you step by step everything you need to know to perform well. The scheduling is the most flexible I have ever seen. Management steps in when players get out of control, usually after a call the player – more... disagrees with. – less
Fantastic work!
Event Videographer and Editor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2013
I loved working for the university of alabama! It was a unique experience and they were completely accommodating to whatever I needed when I was working for them.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more