University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Good place for laid back people
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 7, 2013
Not too much pressure and also not too much salary. People are nice with each other like many places in the South. It is good University to study, because this city really doesn't have to many things for you to do. The hospital is a good resource for doing research.
Customer Service, Accuracy, timely manner are must
UA Professional Staff Assembly (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlabamaNovember 3, 2013
I deliver mail to departments and students across the University of Alabama. We start our day by sorting mail by departments. Then we fine sort the mail into each departments boxes. We then prepare our vans by the locations of the departments to deliver the mail. We fill our mail tubs by how we make each stop. The hardest part was learning each route – more... and how to prepare for each stop. I enjoy meeting and greeting our customers every day. I love to make sure our customers our happy with our service. While delivering their mail we gather the outgoing mail. We bring back the outgoing mail and process it for the delivery trucks to pick up. This is a very busy department that requires accuracy, customer service, problem solving skills. – less
web design
Web Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlabamaOctober 29, 2013
I like the idea of organizing programs and events online. The people who I worked with liked my work and helped me to become better.
Awesome staff and sweet friendly girls.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 15, 2013
Pros: meeting my girls, my co-workers.
Cons: ridiculous bullying by the alumni. no raises, no benefits
I absolutely loved this job. I got to work the hours that fit my busy life. but most of all I loved my girls and my girls loved me. They were so sweet, caring, funny and always helpful.. I did general cleaning in the mansion 4 floors from the basement to the 3rd floor. Management was not good at all. The housemother was terrible and stressed the crew – more... out especially the Housekeepers and Butlers. The alumni made this house a terrible place which the girls were always complaining and just made it a negative environment you always had to walk around on egg shells which made you even more nervous and caused you to forget to do something or do it wrong. The hardest part of this job was putting up with the Alumni they were not nice ladies they constantly pick and criticize everything you do which will eventually lead to your termination. I was awesome at my work, and fantastic building a relationship with the girls, but they did not like me for some reason so I was doomed to begin with. The staff was wonderful we all clicked like brothers and sisters and when we could we always helped one another out. – less
Fun Work Place for College Students!
Sport Clubs Supervisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 9, 2013
The Recreation Center at the University of Alabama is a great place to work for current college students. It's fun and laid back but engaging as well.
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 3, 2013
Assisted in computer lab working with students, also worked at the pharmacy assisting in over the counter purchases
Great University
Office Associate II (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: great
Worked in various departments on campus as Office Associate.
Network Engineer at the University of Alabama
OIT/Network Engineer I (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day is full of on going projects, with the typical troubleshooting of problems that may arise with in the network from day to day. Changing infrastructure is day to day, constant changing for the different colleges on campus.
great experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), University of AlabamaSeptember 25, 2013
this was through the UAPRSSA chapter and was great experience for learning the different parts of the PR industry.
Hated it. A cut-throat work environment.
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 20, 2013
Cons: a bunch of back-stabbing crooks
Worked in human resources from 1998-2003. During that time, the Human Resources leadership was terrible; from top to bottom. Enough said.
Huge campus with very friendly people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: multiple activities and football team
Cons: campus bus do not come very often
I met a lot of people and had a lot of friends there
I participated several activities during my spare time
I felt involved
Great work habits
FTO/Corporal (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: self leader
Cons: 60 hour work week
Police duties relate to field training newly hired officers, being in a management role gave me a well being great joy.
They put a lot of emphasis on academia while still allowing you to have a life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: free social events, amazing invited speakers
Cons: small, southern town (if this isn't really your thing)
The University of Alabama provides a lot of opportunities for graduate students. Teaching Assistantships, if awarded, are a secure way to pay for school and receive some money through instruction of lower level classes. The pay is decent, the amenities on campus and in Tuscaloosa are typical of most college towns, and the people are very friendly. The – more... graduate departments do a wonderful job of putting together lectures series, bringing in guest speakers, and providing outlets for future prospective career options. They also encourage all students to have a social life, and do so by setting up dinners, outdoor trips, pizza parties etc. Everyone is very enjoyable to be around, and I have had a wonderful experience within this University's graduate studies program. While balancing the work load and teaching is most definitely the hardest part of the job, the academic mentors are incredible with assisting and providing helpful insight whenever possible. – less
Student Manager for the football team
Team Football Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 4, 2013
Typical workday was very stressful trying to balance work and school. Worked directly with the players and coaches on a daily basis and provided them with whatever they needed. Was apart of three national championships in five years.
Engaging, rewarding work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits (health insurance w/ dental)
I enjoyed working as a research assistant and teaching assistant in the UA History Department. The opportunity to coordinate professional psychological research was a valuable learning experience, and spending two years teaching my own psychology lab section gave me invaluable teaching experience.
no comment
Spain Rehab.in Birmingham (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 3, 2013
A typical day was busy --but productive--patients improved.--their UAB management was --good.
Flexible schedule using online source for teaching .
ACCESS Distance Learning: Web - Based Instructor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 26, 2013
Pros: work station was flexible
Cons: not sufficient opportunities
This teaching opportunity allowed for creativity and flexibility by using the online experience. Teachers are encouraged to supplement standardized courses to meet the needs of students. There were not enough courses available to aid me financially.
Super Fun Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work For My School (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 6, 2013
Volunteering at the Alabama games was so much fun. I also got to meet some of the players which was great.
Graduate Assistantship.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), tuscaloosa, ALJuly 25, 2013
Great grad school experience. Completed assistantship contract and residency hours.
Exciting and productive place to work
Computer Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 21, 2013
A typical day at work will be fast paced. There are many things to learn throughout the year.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more