University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Landscaper (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2013
Gave me the experiene of working in a warehouse and using different equipment.
It was a great place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at The University of Alabama. I love working in a higher education environment because every day there is something new and different happening. I enjoy interacting with students and administrators on a daily basis. The hardest part of the jobs comes during the busiest periods of the school year, which can be a little stressful but – more... it is never unbearable. The best part is the job environment because there is never a dull moment working with students so you will not get bored. – less
Great environment with great people. Easy to learn and grow.
Strength and Conditioning Intern/Coach (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlMarch 7, 2013
This is a great place to learn strength and conditioning. They have a master strength coach on staff to learn from which is a great opportunity in itself. Just enjoying the team atmosphere, staff and the players.
Great co-workers and appreciative supervisors
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good salary for that time and i had faculty status
Cons: this was a temporary position
I really liked this job because I was able to use all of my skills, especially organizational skills. I also felt that my contributions were valuable to project.
Work enviornment depends...Pay is awful
Office Associate II (Current Employee), TuscaloosaFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: job security. after 6 month trial period, it is almost impossible to get fired.
Cons: pay and insurance benefits and you have to pay to park.
I work at the main campus as an Office Associate. The pay is awful. You have to pay to park. Retirement is good but they take out 7.5% of your already low salary. Prescription drugs are expensive.

It depends who you work for and in what department for your work enviornment. Some professors can be very cruel. Think Sheldon Cooper. However, some professors – more... can be wonderful to work for. – less
This is a very fun place to work!
Stock Room Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 22, 2013
Working in the stockroom is very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part is the fact that I'm able to meet new people everyday. My co-workers are also very sweet people. I feel like my supervisor has a very open relationship with her employees and insures us that we can talk to her about anything.
Nice, modern equipment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 9, 2013
I worked with concrete samples containing carbon nanotubes or various types of flyash. I mixed the samples and tested them.
Educational Job
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 4, 2013
Worked in a lab producing copper insoles for reaserch. I learned how to work alone and troubleshoot problems that I encountered.
Research Analyst Review
Research Analyst, Writer (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 24, 2012
Weelky meetings with faculty sponsor discussing orders of business
Learned how to manage multiple responsibilities
Fun and Energetic Workplace
Desk Assistant - Paty Hall (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 13, 2012
A great place to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Fast paced environment, constantly in need of reports and data
Business Object Developer/Lead (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2012
This environment was extremely fast paced. My team and I were constantly generating reports and data.
Good place for composite materials research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 1, 2012
Very relaxed environment with a complete freedom to conduct your research. Excellent faculty in composite materials field conducting cutting edge research.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 12, 2012
I have held numerous jobs at this place and I have never had any complaints.
Great learning environment. Fun place to be!
Digital Media Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 3, 2012
This has been by far the best experience I have had with an employer. Everyone was fun and energetic and I was constantly learning.
Teamwork
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 22, 2012
Pros: understanding mangement
Cons: not enough people
Nice place to work. Very team-oriented. Well balanced management and very informative staff.
Enjoyed the inclusion of your nursing skills and policy making decisions.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2012
Pros: working flexible shifts, free lunch inservices, and evolving in my career.
Cons: offering classes to help disable nurses to evolve in another area of healthcare.
Direct Patient care on Trauma/Burns unit monitoring outcomes and discharge for home care with medication teaching and dressing of wounds. I also had the opportunity to work with grants and several research projects being a liason for human service agencies. With co-workers it was a pleasure to both teach, learn, supervise each other and set a new pace – more... for others. The hardest part of my job was knowing if I did all that was necessary to give my patient top quality care to produce the best outcomes. I enjoyed my job because I believed in investing life into the lives of all I encountered no matter patient, co-worker or other departments within the realm where I worked. I have always enjoyed helping people. – less
Large company with feel of much smaller business.
Audiovisual Tech (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2012
Pros: recognition for work efforts.
Cons: parking
Opportunity for growth and career development. Management team believes in empowering workforce by providing necessary tools and resources to excel at company.
Great location - diverse selection of jobs and colleagues
Receptionist (Full-time/temporary work) (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2012
Pros: easy access from work to home - left to travel
Cons: only temporary jobs at that time
Dealing on all levels with different types of people. Loved helping all those who came into the occupational medicine clinic.
Just being able to be in the stadium
Sales (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 19, 2012
-Everyday at work was fast paced and energetic. u had to have stamina walking back and forth up and down around the stadium.
-I learned alot about football.
-The management was out of hand because they couldn't watch they're coworkers it was upto the coworkers to bring the money back and get more products and so forth.
-your coworkers would be your – more... friends for this job because its very easy to get lost
-the most enjoyable part about the job was the football game – less
Very fun Place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2012
Pros: great peole
Cons: very hard to get hired full time
People are friendly and always willing to help, flexible hours and some weekend work. Very good chances for travel and extra training. Great health care program as well as wellness programs. The hardest part of the job is getting on full time.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more