University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Exciting and productive place to work
Computer Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 21, 2013
A typical day at work will be fast paced. There are many things to learn throughout the year.
Tutor students utilizing computer software in a computer lab setting
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), B1 Tutwiler HallJuly 19, 2013
I attended classes at the University of Alabama, and was able to work around my schedule. I loved the environment in which I worked, very friendly atmosphere and fun.
Great Place to work
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2013
Great place to work if you are a full time student. Understanding of your academic workload and strive to work around that.
Peer Coach (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 9, 2013
Pros: very bright and dedicated people
Autonomy to accomplish goals
Accessible management with a genuine open door policy
Educative
Librarian (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 8, 2013
I am very glad I spend 5 years here, I grow myself not only in academic, more important is always to keep optimistic attitude.
Best and hardest time of my career as a student
Student Chemical Engineer (Operations Laboratory) (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 2, 2013
This class was a culmination of all that I learned as a student here in chemical engineering. This class lasted six weeks in which were were broken up into groups of five and assigned five different projects to complete. We worked what was potentially a regular chemical engineer's schedule, or at least we were told that. Each group was in charge of – more... their own schedule and my group showed up on campus every morning at 8 o'clock. As we began working on our projects the time we left each night got longer and longer till one night we all ended up spending the night editing and revising a lab report that was due the next morning at 8 o'clock. My group members and I loved and hated each other at times, however, in the end we all did exceptionally well and our grade reflected so. When difficult moments arrived the staff was there to help us see our way through. – less
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 26, 2013
Pros: easy job, good benefits
Cons: bad hours, not much pay
It was a fun position while I was in college. It paid for room and board, and it provided an opportunity to meet a lot of people on campus.
Great place to learn and grow
BabyTALK Intern (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2013
I loved working as a student recruiter at the University of Alabama for the University of Alabama football team. I met new people and learned so many great things.
Love this job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 28, 2013
I gave the overview of the experiment, then I showed how to set up the equipment and then just be there if they have any question. Actually the students have lot of questions/problems while they do experiment. But if you love Chemistry and working with undergraduates, you will love this job.
Being a referee is a challenging, and sometimes thankless, job but the management is well aware and does well to counter this.
Intramural Football Referee (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: dealing with players with poor sportsmanship
The job could be challenging at times, but those in charge were very patient and understanding, as being a referee is not an exact science. They teach you step by step everything you need to know to perform well. The scheduling is the most flexible I have ever seen. Management steps in when players get out of control, usually after a call the player – more... disagrees with. – less
Fantastic work!
Event Videographer and Editor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2013
I loved working for the university of alabama! It was a unique experience and they were completely accommodating to whatever I needed when I was working for them.
Could balance the life and working here
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 13, 2013
Pros: good football culture
Cons: bad traffic during the gameday
learnt a lot from this University and better understanding of the life
Nice place to work.
Tutor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 7, 2013
Nice place to work. Easy schedule at the CAS. Hourly wage isn't great, but you have quite a few no-shows, so you can study while being paid a little.
Part-Time Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 22, 2013
Part-time work as a research assistant. Interesting work that provided a small living for college without being too time demanding.
Wonderful environment especially because of the residents
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 15, 2013
Pros: great college job
Cons: no cons
Working as a Desk Assistant was fun because I provided freshman residents with resources.
Research Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 12, 2013
This opportunity helped me to learn research tools for my PhD.
Good for a job while in school
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 11, 2013
Good flexible job for while a student is in school, minimal pay, good for extra cash for weekends
Great School
Director of Photography (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 8, 2013
I learned so much and enjoyed my experience there. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
fun environment
Event Staff (Former Employee), ALApril 1, 2013
Pros: get in games free
Cons: short breaks
securing the game field was the most fun i had working meeting players, i learned alot about security and the mangers where helpful
great place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 26, 2013
Loved working here it was a great place to work however they went out of business.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more