University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Great place to learn and grow
BabyTALK Intern (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2013
I loved working as a student recruiter at the University of Alabama for the University of Alabama football team. I met new people and learned so many great things.
Love this job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 28, 2013
I gave the overview of the experiment, then I showed how to set up the equipment and then just be there if they have any question. Actually the students have lot of questions/problems while they do experiment. But if you love Chemistry and working with undergraduates, you will love this job.
Being a referee is a challenging, and sometimes thankless, job but the management is well aware and does well to counter this.
Intramural Football Referee (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 22, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: dealing with players with poor sportsmanship
The job could be challenging at times, but those in charge were very patient and understanding, as being a referee is not an exact science. They teach you step by step everything you need to know to perform well. The scheduling is the most flexible I have ever seen. Management steps in when players get out of control, usually after a call the player – more... disagrees with. – less
Fantastic work!
Event Videographer and Editor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2013
I loved working for the university of alabama! It was a unique experience and they were completely accommodating to whatever I needed when I was working for them.
Could balance the life and working here
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 13, 2013
Pros: good football culture
Cons: bad traffic during the gameday
learnt a lot from this University and better understanding of the life
Nice place to work.
Tutor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 7, 2013
Nice place to work. Easy schedule at the CAS. Hourly wage isn't great, but you have quite a few no-shows, so you can study while being paid a little.
Part-Time Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 22, 2013
Part-time work as a research assistant. Interesting work that provided a small living for college without being too time demanding.
Wonderful environment especially because of the residents
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 15, 2013
Pros: great college job
Cons: no cons
Working as a Desk Assistant was fun because I provided freshman residents with resources.
Research Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 12, 2013
This opportunity helped me to learn research tools for my PhD.
Good for a job while in school
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 11, 2013
Good flexible job for while a student is in school, minimal pay, good for extra cash for weekends
Great School
Director of Photography (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 8, 2013
I learned so much and enjoyed my experience there. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
fun environment
Event Staff (Former Employee), ALApril 1, 2013
Pros: get in games free
Cons: short breaks
securing the game field was the most fun i had working meeting players, i learned alot about security and the mangers where helpful
great place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 26, 2013
Loved working here it was a great place to work however they went out of business.
Landscaper (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2013
Gave me the experiene of working in a warehouse and using different equipment.
It was a great place to work.
Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at The University of Alabama. I love working in a higher education environment because every day there is something new and different happening. I enjoy interacting with students and administrators on a daily basis. The hardest part of the jobs comes during the busiest periods of the school year, which can be a little stressful but – more... it is never unbearable. The best part is the job environment because there is never a dull moment working with students so you will not get bored. – less
Great environment with great people. Easy to learn and grow.
Strength and Conditioning Intern/Coach (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, AlMarch 7, 2013
This is a great place to learn strength and conditioning. They have a master strength coach on staff to learn from which is a great opportunity in itself. Just enjoying the team atmosphere, staff and the players.
Great co-workers and appreciative supervisors
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good salary for that time and i had faculty status
Cons: this was a temporary position
I really liked this job because I was able to use all of my skills, especially organizational skills. I also felt that my contributions were valuable to project.
Work enviornment depends...Pay is awful
Office Associate II (Current Employee), TuscaloosaFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: job security. after 6 month trial period, it is almost impossible to get fired.
Cons: pay and insurance benefits and you have to pay to park.
I work at the main campus as an Office Associate. The pay is awful. You have to pay to park. Retirement is good but they take out 7.5% of your already low salary. Prescription drugs are expensive.

It depends who you work for and in what department for your work enviornment. Some professors can be very cruel. Think Sheldon Cooper. However, some professors – more... can be wonderful to work for. – less
This is a very fun place to work!
Stock Room Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 22, 2013
Working in the stockroom is very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part is the fact that I'm able to meet new people everyday. My co-workers are also very sweet people. I feel like my supervisor has a very open relationship with her employees and insures us that we can talk to her about anything.
Nice, modern equipment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 9, 2013
I worked with concrete samples containing carbon nanotubes or various types of flyash. I mixed the samples and tested them.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more