University of Alabama

University of Alabama Employer Reviews

Fun and Energetic Workplace
Desk Assistant - Paty Hall (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 13, 2012
A great place to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Fast paced environment, constantly in need of reports and data
Business Object Developer/Lead (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2012
This environment was extremely fast paced. My team and I were constantly generating reports and data.
Good place for composite materials research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 1, 2012
Very relaxed environment with a complete freedom to conduct your research. Excellent faculty in composite materials field conducting cutting edge research.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 12, 2012
I have held numerous jobs at this place and I have never had any complaints.
Great learning environment. Fun place to be!
Digital Media Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 3, 2012
This has been by far the best experience I have had with an employer. Everyone was fun and energetic and I was constantly learning.
Teamwork
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 22, 2012
Pros: understanding mangement
Cons: not enough people
Nice place to work. Very team-oriented. Well balanced management and very informative staff.
Enjoyed the inclusion of your nursing skills and policy making decisions.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2012
Pros: working flexible shifts, free lunch inservices, and evolving in my career.
Cons: offering classes to help disable nurses to evolve in another area of healthcare.
Direct Patient care on Trauma/Burns unit monitoring outcomes and discharge for home care with medication teaching and dressing of wounds. I also had the opportunity to work with grants and several research projects being a liason for human service agencies. With co-workers it was a pleasure to both teach, learn, supervise each other and set a new pace – more... for others. The hardest part of my job was knowing if I did all that was necessary to give my patient top quality care to produce the best outcomes. I enjoyed my job because I believed in investing life into the lives of all I encountered no matter patient, co-worker or other departments within the realm where I worked. I have always enjoyed helping people. – less
Large company with feel of much smaller business.
Audiovisual Tech (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2012
Pros: recognition for work efforts.
Cons: parking
Opportunity for growth and career development. Management team believes in empowering workforce by providing necessary tools and resources to excel at company.
Great location - diverse selection of jobs and colleagues
Receptionist (Full-time/temporary work) (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2012
Pros: easy access from work to home - left to travel
Cons: only temporary jobs at that time
Dealing on all levels with different types of people. Loved helping all those who came into the occupational medicine clinic.
Just being able to be in the stadium
Sales (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 19, 2012
-Everyday at work was fast paced and energetic. u had to have stamina walking back and forth up and down around the stadium.
-I learned alot about football.
-The management was out of hand because they couldn't watch they're coworkers it was upto the coworkers to bring the money back and get more products and so forth.
-your coworkers would be your – more... friends for this job because its very easy to get lost
-the most enjoyable part about the job was the football game – less
Very fun Place to work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 15, 2012
Pros: great peole
Cons: very hard to get hired full time
People are friendly and always willing to help, flexible hours and some weekend work. Very good chances for travel and extra training. Great health care program as well as wellness programs. The hardest part of the job is getting on full time.
Great place to work. Enjoyed very much.
Critical Care Transport Nurse (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 11, 2012
Pros: good benefits, easy to access.
Great learning experience in the critical care area. of nursing. I enjoyed furthering my experience as a RN. Co-workers very helpful and willing to teach.
Not for the Lazy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 2, 2012
UAB has some great areas to work in but its not for the lazy. There is a lot of walking (huge hospital), heavy lifting, interaction with people, etc. It is very rewarding too because you learn something new everyday and so much. I worked with a great team and I miss them sometimes.
always a learning environment
OSS II (Office Services Specialist II) (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 19, 2012
Pros: safe, clean environment
Cons: not much room or encouragement for advancement within department
patients arrive for daily radiation treatment beginning at 6 am..daily clinic for 12 oncologists for new and follow-up patients.Gained knowledge of diagnoses and codes as well as staging diseases for billing criteria.management somewhat stable but always changing in this department due to unforeseen circumstances... professional and caring co-workers – more... and associates..sometimes difficult to see families and patients in distress but always a joy to be a part of a positive prognosis for our patients.. – less
Amazing place to work!!
Program Assistant and COST Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 5, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy being a part of this University. This position has given me several new responsibilities and opportunities.
Great place to do research
Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 22, 2012
I worked there for a couple weeks doing research and it was a good experience.
Great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2012
Working at the University of Alabama has been great. The research projects were interesting and intellectually stimulating, my colleagues and supervisors were friendly and easy to work with, and I was always busy. Overall, it was great
Really loved working at the MTE department and the CAF for characterization
Teaching / Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 15, 2012
I worked on the synthesis of nano-scale materials using thermal plasma technique. I had access to most of the characterization techniques such as XRD, SEM, TEM, DSC, TG-DTA, XPS, etc. through the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Dr. Reddy's research group and the Central Analytical Facility (CAF).
Very nice people
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMay 2, 2012
This is a place that leaves me fun memories about the warm-hearted people. The lifestyle is different from big cities, organized and not hectic. Instrumentation capabilities in the university are actually much stronger than you would have thought, if you haven't been there once.
Internet connections for schools.
Technical Consultant for the ASPIRE Program (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaApril 29, 2012
Pros: educational
Cons: low pay rate.
Maintained internet connections for public high schools.

About University of Alabama

The University of Alabama (UA) is a public research university located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA, and the flagship of the University – Read more