University of Arizona Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

University Medical Center/University of Arizona Health Network
Corporate Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, Az.June 9, 2012
While University Medical Center was an excellent employer, the newly merged University of Arizona Health Network has not found it's identity yet and uncertainty abounds amid cuts to healthcare and as the search for a CEO continues. Uncomfortable place to work at this time.
Pros
benefits, by far, the healthcare leader in southern arizona
Cons
uncertainty and culture is not stable
A great place to work!
Claims Processor I (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 9, 2015
My daily responsibilities included Claims Processor I : Data entry and adjudication of internal/external claims on a timely basis in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards. Maintains quantity and quality standards for the department. Adheres to governmental guidelines for processing claims. Review and refers updates to vendor dictionary in IDX/ Lawson systems to IS/Finance as needed. Refers claims for medical review, provider relations, contract interpretation, and any other global issues to the appropriate areas.

Management was professional and team was a wonderful group of people. Well run organization.
Excellent employer, team environment, professional staff, cohesive management team
Corporate Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2013
A typical day consists of resolving AP issues related to purchase orders, non-purchase order check requests, check runs, coding, approvals, gl account reconciliations, invoice details, audit inquiries, procurement cards. Also resolving issues related to Payroll pay and deduction codes, report creation, taxes, pension, system implementation and process improvement.
Management allows me to work independently but is supportive when needed to resolve issues. Management respects employees and believes in work/life balance.
Co-workers are team players and positive.
The hardest part of the job has been to change the perception of our internal customers to recognize that they have a part in ensuring that vendors and employees are paid promptly and accurately (i.e. it's not always AP/Payroll's fault).
The most enjoyable part of the job has been working with the staff to create a well functioning AP and Payroll department, that provides excellent service to both internal and external customers. It's been very satisfying to see positive results from process improvement initiatives.
Exciting and positive enviorment
Unit Coordinator /Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZApril 26, 2014
Every day was different due to the Unit I worked Surgical / Trauma ICU, mainly support nursing staff along with Management in all paperwork order to computerized orders and patient transfer, admissions, and discharges to home or facilities.
Pros
nursing staff always professional
Not bad
Patient Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 21, 2014
Ok company to work for. Some staffing issues, they're very lax on dress code, and forget about trying to get a raise.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay for a ton of responsibilities
Great place to work at.
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work was different every day in the office. Management was helpful., co-workers were great to work with. Great team workers. The hardest part of the job was speaking in front of new hires for orientation. Was hard but I still completed my task in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was contacting new hires with job offer and scheduling them for new hire paper work and physical and drug screening.
UAHN is a fast paced and challenging environment that succeeds due to the quality of the people on its technical teams.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2013
UAHN is a good place to work if you don't require a lot of manager interaction or feedback. Definitely only the self motivated can achieve here. That being said, if you are a self starter you will be given an opportunity to take on as many challenges as you are willing to. This is a true 24 x 7 operation so clock watching is frowned upon. Also, downtimes and maintenance always have to occur at non peak times so working on something at 3:00 am is not out of the ordinary.
There is no typical day at work. Different fires pop up every day as well as different projects starting all of the time.
Pros
generous vacation policy, excellent co workers
Cons
life work/balance, 24 x 7 availability is expected
It's a job
Reimbursement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  tucsonJune 16, 2014
Worked at UAHN for ten years. If you like a small town, non-progressive attitude this place is for you.
If you have city goals, leave.
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
pay is under competiton -way under. top heavy administration.
Flexible environment
Claims System Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 28, 2013
I've been able to move up within my department and learn new tasks. Management is also very flexible with personal life schedules.
Pros
good management, flexibility
Cons
pay
Rewarding Place to work rewarding field allows giving back
Transplant Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Corporate ContracingJanuary 21, 2015
Good Place to Work. Able to contribute to a higher mission for health care.
Wonderful Experience
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2014
UAHN has been an amazing company to work for. The pride themselves in teaching you many aspects to the job so you are not only knowledgeable in your position but able to help in other areas as well. My manager has been a joy to work with.
Pros
atmosphere and learning has been enjoyable
Fun work environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2014
It was a fun place to work. I learned a lot more about the medicaid/medicare industry. My manager was a character, very entertaining personality and I got along great with each and every one of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to say goodbye on my last day. I loved the job.
I loved my job!
Senior Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  South CampusSeptember 1, 2014
Working at the South Campus was a delightful work experience. I loved my job and had expected to retire from there until my husband was transferred. A great 10 years! Thank you!
Dedicated to quality patient care
Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2014
Teaching hospital and network of clinics with a strong focus on quality patient care and research.
Everyone is nice
Medical Office Specialist Level II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2012
Its a very fast environment, but its fun, easy and quick.
There is always something to learn.
Managers are ok, they do apreciate each and everyone one of us.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
nothing really
Database Specialist/Credentialing (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 12, 2014
Co workers are supportive, able to help clients. Lots of tracking.

4.2