University of Arizona Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fast paced learning
Floor Technition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2016
This job provided a great and fast paced working environment, with coworkers that worked thorough. Management was questionable most of the time I was attending.
Soul Crushing Environment
Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 13, 2015
The management has turned this once-decent hospital into the worst I have ever worked at. Banner has just bought the hospital, so it is too early to tell if anything will get better. As of May 2015, I would advise someone to start here only if they cannot find work anywhere else.
Cons
no substantial raises in the last five years
Get a lot of great experience
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 25, 2015
I work in the ER at the main campus and love my co-workers and the support we all give each other. You also have the opportunity to learn a lot and advance.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Stressful, bad work/home balance.
Under new management soon...
Patient Care Technician II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
As of right now, management is not very good. As a tech, you are over worked and under paid. They float us all the time, every week to a different unit and give you the crappiest patient assignment.
We will be under new management soon with Banner and I pray to God that things change because I will be looking for another type of job if it doesn't. We're more like maids and waitresses than patient care techs.
Also, haven't seen a raise in a very long time. Lowest paying hospital in town.
Pros
sometimes fun people
Cons
no raises, bad management
Excellent environment
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2015
My experience as an employee here was nothing but positive. Starting a new family was the only reason I left as I no longer wanted to work full time. The people that I worked with were all exceptional and I would change nothing about the experiences and opportunities I had here.
Pros
comaraderie and muual respect between physicians and employees
Cons
being on call for emergencies was not conducive to family life
A very large organization
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Academic setting in Tucson, very busy, trauma center. Many patients come from all over for their care.
UAMC has been a very good place to work
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2015
A typical day/night as a telemetry tech starts with report. It is a time to find out about the patients that you will be watching heart monitor on. The shift starts at the same time as the floor shifts so there is a lot going on with the patients at that time and it is very important to extra attention during times of higher stress for the patients. During the course of the shift we will complete 3 sets of 6 second "capture" strips that tell what rhythm, rate, and abnormalities the patient has in their heart rhythm. The hardest part of the job is having a patient "code" and the actions taken are not able to save them. In contrast the most enjoyable part is when a patient "codes" and because you alerted the RN of the events, the patient survives.
Pros
it is steady work.
Cons
it can be a very long night.
They do not utilize your skills, education and experience.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  South Campus Senior Care UnitNovember 15, 2014
They do not utilize your skills, education and experience. Mostly used as a case manager and discharge planner. Very little use of assessment and therapy skills. Very little patient interaction.
Positive work experience
Customer Service/Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 10, 2014
Great management. Motivating and easy going work envierment.
Pros
free lunch
Not very much support from upper management
Director Environmental Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2014
Organizing staff to do work in the environmental service department which mainly included patient care areas. Training, coaching, maintaining budget. Working for patients, co-workers, internal and external customers to promote and maintain best practices within the guidelines of regulations and infection control.
Pros
great professional evs staff and interaction with peers within this hospital at the south campus
Cons
isolation by upper management to their direct supports.
Fast pace environment, somewhat stressful
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dept of OphthalmologyJuly 5, 2014
Verified insurance, submit for prior authorizations, communicate with patients, Large workload.
small rental property
Radology attendant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2014
This job taught the value of good customer service how to manage time and ensure tenant satisfaction
great place, wonderful physicians
Lead technologist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2014
all around great place, cafeteria is aweful, co-workers great, doctors great, teaching facility.
Great teachers
Externship through Pima Community College (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2014
As a university hospital, they have provided great knowledge and experience that a educational institute should. The utilization of student volunteers is wonderful for those who want to get an early start and foot in the door.
self scheduling
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2014
good.Level 1 trauma center.direct pt care. working nights
Fantastic Team
Patient Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2014
Learned to effectively multitask
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing and learning that i was directly responsible for making individual's lives better
Productive and Learing something new everyday.
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work is making sure your ready to answer and listen to all needs of your call, what I learned is patient, understanding of peoples needs, management is good, my co workers are all team players, the hardest part of my job is learning all the new Physcians that are coming thru and making sure your saying there names right for professionaly purposes, the most enjoyable part of my job is being reconized on your work.
Pros
company partys on holidays
Cons
merit raises dont know when to expect them.
Excellent hospital that really focuses on pateint care
Rev. Cycle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2014
I really enjoyed working in the patient placement and physician resources department. The job was very fast paced. My daily duties included constant contact with physicians from the hospital and in the community. I felt that everything we did there really impacted a patient's hospital stay.
Learnerd so much
Surgical Externship (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2014
Amazing group of people! I learned so much during my externship. Very knowledgeable staff.
a good place to work good atmosphere
BMET 1 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2013
Learning something new everyday. Management is professional, and employees are easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is to find parking. Satisfaction of the job is knowing your job is important.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
always busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Arizona Medical Center Reviews by Location