University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to learn and grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
A beautiful university working in cutting edge research. They really trust their staff to produce good work and they have established a great culture of teamwork.
Ra
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Following your supervisor's instructions would make your life a lot of easier. The work load is average, work environment is better than you expect. All the colleagues are nice.
Fun place to work and learn
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2017
Great learning experience, workers have been at their jobs for more than eight years and very helpful. Plant supervisor very helpful.Great place to work and go to school if desired.
Environnement de travail agréable
SEMESTER ABROAD (Former Employee) –  Pima County, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Semestre à l'étranger dans le cadre de mon école.
Intégration vie étudiante américaine.
Land grant university with large research commitments offers tremendous diversity and technical interchange
I.T. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Given that it has elements of business development alongside the public scholarship and research (the medical and law schools still are distinctive as well), one should expect diversity in approach and compensation to not be lower when compared to private sector operations. Such hopes should be generally dismissed. As well, the idea that such positions are secure is no longer true... perhaps more secure, but not very much more.
highly variable
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  unidentified unitSeptember 11, 2017
UA is a huge place--how your job actually is as far as stress, quality of management, pace, work atmosphere etc. will vary immensely depending on what department you're in and who your manager(s) is/are. The only across-the-board reality is that the benefits are hard to beat, in terms of insurance and time off (especially in an appointed, as opposed to classified, position).
Great place for graders
Grader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2017
I really liked my job, but I was a grader, so it was temporary. I was responsible for grading for more than 100 students and I'd never done it before, so it was a little overwhelming. Still, I really liked the professor, the class material was interesting, and it was a really fun job if you're a nerd, which I am. I would definitely recommend it if you need some extra money, you enjoy reading and writing, and you're an experienced tutor.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, interesting material
Cons
Lots of work, Undergraduates, Low pay
Great Office
Legal Assistant Senior (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 5, 2017
It was hard for me to decide to leave my previous employer and move the University of Arizona. The management and the staff in the office made it an easy adjustment. They were always available for questions and to assist when needed. It was a fun atmosphere to work in.
Grad School
General Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 4, 2017
Learned to thrive in a stressful environment. Excellent place to pick up skills. Budget cuts prevented me from continuing my education. I also learned how to work with stressful people.
Good place to work for security and advancement.
Associate Director Board & Trustee Relations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2017
Good place to work. Great opportunities for advancement. Good support of employees - nice working environment. Excellent benefits and educational opportunities:

Want to know more about University of Arizona?

Ask a question
Productive, Professional and Awesome place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 22, 2017
I worked at the University of Arizona for 25 years and it was an AWESOME place! I worked as Administrative Associate, Admin. Assistant and Receptionist at the Front Office. I worked with Customers, students, vendors, faculty, staff. I mailed packages via UPS, FED-EX and DHL. I worked inventory, supplies, intense customer service in all facets.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
No Cons
Negative and Stressful
Research Manager/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2017
I personally worked under an infamously difficult and unpleasant professor who made my experience negative and stressful. I would not recommend working here.
Fun work place
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work.Great people and also got a great environment to go for a walk during lunch hour.Always a busy day work and also fun people to work with.
Great work experience
Main Library Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2017
I loved working at the University of Arizona's main library. Everyone in the workplace was well mannered and flexible when it came to scheduling conflicts.
Unprofessional Management
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 14, 2017
Consistently compared to the former coordinator. If you are a "yes" person, you will fit right in. Poor management and extremely unprofessional. Made to feel isolated and judged.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
If you like academic research this is for you.
Research Specialist Senior (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
The person I work for did not care that you only were paid to work 40 hours per week. She generally made you work closer to 60. This is why she could never keep people working for her.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
hours
Productive and great staff
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
The University of Arizona has a very professional, wonderful team , very talented transcribers , scientist, videographers . Anybody would gain so much from this wonderful non profit team.
Pros
My own schedule and boss always available for questions
Cons
Short staffed
Depends on the office
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2017
It is obviously a very big institution and different offices have different cultures. Some are good some are not so good. People are relaxed, salaries are OK, city is decent. Budget cut are 30 years old and still going on.
I worked there a long time and they modified my work area so many times.
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2017
It was easy to go to work early everyday and I built so many things in the many years I worked there. They gave me so much overtime that I had a lot of fun but sometimes in the tunnels the work environment was dirty hot and dusty and there were bugs.
Pros
nice work shop and truck.
Cons
some of the tunnels and basements had a lot of bugs
Fun place to work
Teaching Assistant - Grader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2017
Typically, I would be teaching in the classroom or in my office grading assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet students and helping them in their academic endeavours.
Pros
Flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4