University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Intramural Sports Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2017
Could not have picked a better place to work while in college, great work/life balance. Friendly staff, everyone there usually has very similar interest it is a fun environment.
N/a
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work whenever I wanted. My boss was very accommodating with me being both a student and a worker. I enjoyed my work.
Generally good atmospheres to work in
IRB COORDINATOR/RESEARCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
I've worked in many different areas at the U of A it's hard to generalize. Overall, I will say everywhere I have worked I have felt appreciated and I was working in the right place at the time.

I have had many good managers, some better than others, but never any bad ones.
Pros
Felt appreciated for all the hard work I put in.
Cons
Too much work to get done in this position.
great place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work-meeting with students daily made this job fun. Primarily focused on financial aid assistance and help with course approval for courses taken overseas
Dysfunctional Lab Safety
Biosafety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2017
Poor management of laboratory safety, antiquated and inadequate training for laboratory personnel, inappropriate enforcement of safety regulations, dangerously inadequate incident response, HIPPA violations … and the list goes on. The complete lack of communication and coordination of the various safety units at UA leave both students and lab personnel at risk. The directors are fully aware of the issue.
Pros
Nice Campus, Laid back environment, inexpensive.
Cons
Resistant to change, slow to follow up
Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaSeptember 26, 2017
o Proficiently communicate the concepts of “Business Intelligence” & “Enterprise Data Management” to large audience
o Assist the professor and faculty to design course content, evaluate assignments, projects and exams
o Employed cooperative methods to enhance student interaction and conduct lab sessions for hands-on experience
Great place to learn and grow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2017
A beautiful university working in cutting edge research. They really trust their staff to produce good work and they have established a great culture of teamwork.
Ra
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Following your supervisor's instructions would make your life a lot of easier. The work load is average, work environment is better than you expect. All the colleagues are nice.
Fun place to work and learn
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2017
Great learning experience, workers have been at their jobs for more than eight years and very helpful. Plant supervisor very helpful.Great place to work and go to school if desired.
Environnement de travail agréable
SEMESTER ABROAD (Former Employee) –  Pima County, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Semestre à l'étranger dans le cadre de mon école.
Intégration vie étudiante américaine.
Land grant university with large research commitments offers tremendous diversity and technical interchange
I.T. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Given that it has elements of business development alongside the public scholarship and research (the medical and law schools still are distinctive as well), one should expect diversity in approach and compensation to not be lower when compared to private sector operations. Such hopes should be generally dismissed. As well, the idea that such positions are secure is no longer true... perhaps more secure, but not very much more.
highly variable
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  unidentified unitSeptember 11, 2017
UA is a huge place--how your job actually is as far as stress, quality of management, pace, work atmosphere etc. will vary immensely depending on what department you're in and who your manager(s) is/are. The only across-the-board reality is that the benefits are hard to beat, in terms of insurance and time off (especially in an appointed, as opposed to classified, position).
Great place for graders
Grader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2017
I really liked my job, but I was a grader, so it was temporary. I was responsible for grading for more than 100 students and I'd never done it before, so it was a little overwhelming. Still, I really liked the professor, the class material was interesting, and it was a really fun job if you're a nerd, which I am. I would definitely recommend it if you need some extra money, you enjoy reading and writing, and you're an experienced tutor.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, interesting material
Cons
Lots of work, Undergraduates, Low pay
Great Office
Legal Assistant Senior (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 5, 2017
It was hard for me to decide to leave my previous employer and move the University of Arizona. The management and the staff in the office made it an easy adjustment. They were always available for questions and to assist when needed. It was a fun atmosphere to work in.
Grad School
General Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 4, 2017
Learned to thrive in a stressful environment. Excellent place to pick up skills. Budget cuts prevented me from continuing my education. I also learned how to work with stressful people.
Good place to work for security and advancement.
Associate Director Board & Trustee Relations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 30, 2017
Good place to work. Great opportunities for advancement. Good support of employees - nice working environment. Excellent benefits and educational opportunities:
Productive, Professional and Awesome place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 22, 2017
I worked at the University of Arizona for 25 years and it was an AWESOME place! I worked as Administrative Associate, Admin. Assistant and Receptionist at the Front Office. I worked with Customers, students, vendors, faculty, staff. I mailed packages via UPS, FED-EX and DHL. I worked inventory, supplies, intense customer service in all facets.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
No Cons
Negative and Stressful
Research Manager/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2017
I personally worked under an infamously difficult and unpleasant professor who made my experience negative and stressful. I would not recommend working here.
Fun work place
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work.Great people and also got a great environment to go for a walk during lunch hour.Always a busy day work and also fun people to work with.
Great work experience
Main Library Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2017
I loved working at the University of Arizona's main library. Everyone in the workplace was well mannered and flexible when it came to scheduling conflicts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4