University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Club Advocate and Standards Board Director
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Chosen as a representative of my student government to work in the University of Arizona Clubs and Resources Center. I work with students with issues involving their club's statuses, their funding, or any personal issues they may be encountering. I would have 10 assigned office hours a week to come into the office and sit, and help with people that come and ask questions. I also help prepare everything for the club funding meetings every Monday afternoon. I really enjoyed my coworkers because we all got along and worked as a group adhesively.
Pros
Great networking, and awesome to represent the University of Arizona
Cons
lack of proper funds
Excellent place of business
Admissions Counselor- P.A.W.S specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
The college industry is good for anyone seeking more experience in the business field and with recruitment. Worked with a great group and enjoyed the benefits of traveling.
Over all it sounds pretty good
SIMI: Summer Institute on Medical Ignorance (Former Employee) –  University of Arizona HealthJanuary 11, 2017
It was a very good experience, very helpful and over all fun experience. I worked 8 hour shifts Mon-Fri. Side by sides with Doctors in a hospital.
Slightly Disorganized but over all a good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2017
I wish there had been a little more management involved rather than doing something and then being told that the way we went about it was incorrect afterwards.
Productive fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Love my job, but the commute is too long. Daily interaction with high level management. Reviewing and maintaining all personal and business calendars. Special event coordinator.
Pros
education
Cons
long commute
good work experience
Shop Monitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2017
I worked in the shop at the U of A. it was a great job, I learned a ton of valuable skills. I still use most of those skills on a daily basis. I would work here again.
Amazing
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 2, 2017
The life at this university is amazing with great mentors, resources and opportunities available to us. In just one semester, this place already gives me a feeling of belonging.
Involvement in all aspects of agricultural education and administration.
Extension Director's Associate & Operations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2016
A typical work day involved many and varied tasks, depending on the current need, from managing administrators schedules and meetings, to providing a wide range of operational support not only at the state administrative level but across the state to 23 county and Indian program offices who provide educational programs to support farmers, businesses, homemakers, youth and much more. Co-workers were many and always were there as a team. Hardest part of the job - juggling some intense multiple needs at any one given time. Most enjoyable - helping people get their jobs done, providing information and support, and working with a great team of faculty, staff and administrators.
work
Dr. Kai O. Schoenhage- Principal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2016
great place to work at. Love my coworkers. Easy to work with.No issues. I learned about anesthesia division. I wiould work anywhere from 2-3 days per week.
Varies greatly by department
Systems Administrator, Principal (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2016
The University of Arizona as an entity is a great place to work. The clientele and general population tend to be friendly. Benefits are good.

If there is a negative it would be the extremely top heavy management visible in many departments.
Pros
Excellent benefits, good clientele
Cons
Top heavy management
very bureaucratic, biosciences pay is terrible
biochemist / chemical engineer (Current Employee) –  TucsonNovember 8, 2016
Good benefits and work balance.
Biosciences salaries are so low it is a joke. Unless you get a faculty position, don't expect more than a third to half of what you would make at one of the biotech companies in town. Good place to get experience, but be prepared to leave in a few years as there is no opportunity for advancement. If you manage to get a higher staff salary, no one wants you anymore because grants cannot support real salaries.
Pros
benefits, healthcare
Cons
pay, no advancement
Amazing place to do research in mining and environmental engineering
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 29, 2016
Pros: I am a researcher at the mining & geological engineering department, which is a leading department in the topic nationwide. Historical and actual academia's material available for mining and health/safety publications. Funding. The best professors. Nice place to do research
My experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2016
Fun academic environment to work and ofcourse,can't beat the weather!I was well-accomodated even with being pregnant during the school year.
Pros
Professors and admin staff generally willing to help
Cons
Pay not fantastic
Engaging
Master-IP Program, Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 5, 2016
I was a graduate research assistant with the College of Education and gained considerable insight on gathering data, honed in on my analytical skills, and grant writing. I was able to grow professionally and academically.
Great University
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Nice department, very nice campus, experienced people from various areas. highly recommend. Very nice facilities and research environment.
Visitor scholar (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2016
I worked here while I was a student, so my employer understood very well balancing work with my other responsibilities. The work/life balance was perfect.
Pros
Great university to work for.
Cons
Driving through campus/finding parking can be impossible
Work Study
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Senior-year work-study. It was cool. We would go to different schools in the different districts within Tucson to deliver speeches and certificates to over-achieving students.

We would also plan different events for the Cubs2Wildcats program.
Pros
Great people, rewarding experience, life-changing
Cons
Not a lot of potential to earn a six figure income.
Challenging job
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2016
Analyze yesterday's result. Plan the day's work according. Collaborate with coworker. Attend meeting . Meeting with supervisor and mentoring undergraduate students.
Benefits are great outweighs the poor salary
Buyer Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, wonderful spirit with our top teams in the PAC12, our student run Spring Fling carnival is always a big event here, Student Union great place to eat. Small enough town to where the traffic isnt too horrible.
Pros
Family oriented and kicked back, great benefits
Cons
The pay stinks
Great workplace
Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2016
It is a great place to work, although the advancement and compensation can stall quickly. I would like to see a more stable approach to advancement and a compensation package that is more in-line with the corporate model. However, the workplace balance far makes up for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4