University of Arizona

University of Arizona Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
UTIS Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Fun co-workers and supervisor.
Cons: Doesn't pay as well as similar jobs in the private sector.
I enjoy working at the University of Arizona as an IT Support Specialist. I like working with my co-workers. The environment is very friendly and we all depend on one another to get problems fixed. We all usually wait for clients to call in regarding their technical issues. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with rude callers. One of my supervisors is very easy going.
Not bad for a minimum wage job
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, sociable coworkers
Cons: ridiculously busy at times, no tips
This review pertains to Park Avenue Dining at the Park Student Union

Most days are the same: you clock in, do your job, then clock out. Traffic varies highly, with some days having hours of dead air and others being 4 hours of nonstop rush. There are 3 supervisors which can lead to mixed messages, and the 3 vary in quality, but are overall helpful and understanding. Communication with coworkers is key, especially when the pace is quick; poor communication can lead to mistakes and disproportionate workloads.

Hardest parts of the job are days where the flow of customers is nonstop and closing shifts.
Great Academic Atmosphere
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2015
The experience I have received at the university has been exceptionally and would undoubtably benefit me throughout my career.
Hard working and friendly environment
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off all campus affiliated restaurants, works around school schedule, friendly employees
Cons: no healthcare benefits
Upon arrival there was usually wasn't too much work to finish up from the morning shifts. Management is very friendly and strong on positive critique technics. Co-workers are helpful and easy going; I can't think of a time where there was a co-worker I dreaded seeing at work. Never was there anything hard about the job, but rather challenge. From the hours of lunch there are excessive rushes that left everyone a bit tired. Aside from that, working at the University has been a great experience for myself because it has taught me leadership skills, and communication. Mainly leadership skills and communication, but also organization and time management. Being my first job, the University does an outstanding job introducing students to the work force, while still accommodating students with their schedules.
Interesting but too much office politics
Marketing Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2015
I got to work on interesting projects
I built my resume
Saved money on my tuition
However, got caught up in academia drama
University
Programmer at University of Arizona (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Good University with lot of funding opportunities. Research work is also very good in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Exchange Program
Research Group Member (Former Employee), TucsonFebruary 23, 2015
Research Group Member
- “Synthesis of Anti-β-Substituted γ,δ-Unsaturated Amino Acids via Asymmetric Thio-Claisen Rearrangement”.
Professional and caring environment.
Various Administrative Positions (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
Represents a wonderful educational environment that encourages the betterment of humanity. Offers a wide range of experiences and opportunities.
Fun and fast paced
Event Attendant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Good people to work with and very productive. This job can work around your schedule of either work or school. It's agreat job that lets you see the sporting events for free while working. The job is mostly on some week nights and most weekends.
University of Arizona Student Worker
Private Tutor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Typical day meant showing up on time, organizing, taking inventory, cleaning, and communicating with co-workers.

It was a pleasure to work with fellow students and management. They were very understanding that I was a student and were willing to work around my schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I had the chance to experience numerous different jobs and opportunities.
The University of Arizona is a wonderful place to work
Senior Graduate Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great health benifits, tuition reduction, childcare voucher program
Cons: lower pay compaired to other places
The pay is not the highest but the benefits are outstanding. The environment is very friendly and accommodating to home life which makes your work life even better. Everyone once in a while you come across a grumpy business manager that you might have to deal with but overall the employees here are very friendly and great to work with.
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2015
We have a great team and it makes me feel like i am creating something new which is of course true. I like it here and enjoy working for the university.
News Editor
News Reporter, Arizona Daily Wildcat (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: long hours
I was the News Editor for the University of Arizona's student newspaper. We held daily meeting to determine the stories that will be written and then placed into the student newspaper.
I good place to learn how to be an Adult and Student
Student Leader (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches and flexibility
Cons: crunch time during finals week
I loved the work environment primarily because of the attitude and the helpfulness of those appointed over me. It helps one identify specific skills while helping one mature in a calm and fulfilling way, outside the norm.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2015
I help students with various tasks and hold office hours and review sessions. The hours are flexible and the pay and accommodations are generous.
good school
Member, University of Arizona Track and Field Team (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2015
great school for athletics and academics. Proud to be a wildcat!
Academic Research
Research Assistant (Former Employee), tucson, azJanuary 5, 2015
Its the perfect way to gain experience working in a lab. Professors are understanding that you are most likely busy with school work, and allows for time off.
Great workplace
Research Associate and Technical Expert (Current Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2014
If you want to work in a great place, find a great leader, and the College o Education has an outstanding Dean.
Great and fun place to work
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2014
Awesome supervisors, and great experience. Working with great people and learning new stuff everyday.
Actually compares better to university of Miami
Research Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 2, 2014
Great university, actually compares favorably to University of Miami if you do not mind the hot weather. Area is nice too with lots of mountains and hiking to do. Research in aerodynamic is top notch.

1 2 3 4 5