University of Arizona Employee Reviews

It's a good place to work
Course Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2016
I truly enjoy working with the students and professors at the U of A. It's really a great place to work as well as learn. My coworkers are both hard working as well as fun to work with.
Pros
fun place
Cons
tough
Good university and good climate
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Nice university with many talent professors. The ECE department is very nice. You can do some cut-edging technology here.
Awesome Job
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working for my University's athletic department creating postcards, flyers, icons, etc. I enjoyed each and every project given to me.
Relaxing with slow pace
Lab Manager& Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2016
Quiet and cheap place.
Working pace is slow.
Faculty/people around you are nice!
Lack of some research devices.
Research projects are not many considering the size of the university.
Pros
Low living costs
Cons
Low salary
Great Place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2016
The time I spent at the University of Arizona was great. Co-workers were easy to work with and I enjoyed to Atmosphere. Management was great.
Personal Development
Club Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2016
These are clubs and organizations that I have become involved with during my time at the University of Arizona. Theta Tau has helped me network with engineers and focuss on my studies. Alpha Kappa Psi has helped me develop professionaly, draft an exceptional resume, and improve my communication skills. Together, I have become an inspired student adept in many fields.
Great environment to work
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Nice atmosphere, great teachers and students. Good classroom setting. Friendly people in office. The town of Tucson has a wonderful weather and nice places to visit, eat, and study.
Great job
Program Coordinator- Clerkship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaDecember 29, 2015
Great job with lots of responsibility. Worked with third year medical school students. It was a great environment and a lot of student interaction.
Professional learning enviornment. I was treated with dignity.
Teaching Labs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meinel buildingDecember 29, 2015
I was allowed room to grow and learn new things every day. I also learned much from students, professors and staff. All were kind and helpful.
A Growing Community for bio medical technologies
Research Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 18, 2015
The university of Arizona is a community for innovative bio medical technology. Science in this institution is very collaborative.
Pros
Great community for Science
Cons
Funding
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
It's a very good place to work in, interacting with the teachers and students in a learning environment.
It's less than half time but a good job to learn about teaching and what it takes to give a good class and have the students' attention.
Great job
Parking & Transportation Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing tickets from customers, being on the computer, or listening to music. We got to be on our phones or watch Netflix in our spare time so it was really nice. My
co-workers were students as well as I was. It was a work-study position.
Horrible management
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Main campusDecember 13, 2015
I loved working at the U of A and meeting so many wonderful students from all walks of life. The job itself was very easy and most co-workers were very friendly.
Management was terrible & even though you ask for feedback and they gave you positive responses, you
can still be let go for no reason whatsoever. I loved my job & was good at it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
University of Arizona, where i learned to be a professional
Instructor of Record, Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2015
I love this place. Every place has it's faults, like not enough funding, or a few difficult people, but overall this is a lovely environment to be an instructor and foster creativity.

I learned to not be reactionary, and to develop a set of behaviors and skills that create and foster a positive work environment.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
adjunct: no health care, no a reliable source of income, not enough funding at the U of A school of art, tight budget
Productive and high pressure working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2015
The academic environment at U of A is very good for professional development, the undergraduate students are eager to ask questions, even though I can tell the mathematical foundations for difference students vary in a great extent, I see students come to my office hours and attend my review session trying to solve their inquiries and challenges. This in turn drives me to prepare for the best before every lecture, and devote all my time during lecture.
I have only seen 1 or 2 students attempting to cheat during exam, and they stopped the attempts after my warnings.
The professors I have worked with are all very organized and good at the subjects they are teaching. They used different techniques for various levels of economics courses.
Overall, I have accelerated valuable experience interacting with students, and learning from professors in their curriculum design, and lecturing.

Also, it is a high pressure working environment, since I have my own course works as Ph.D. student, I always encounter exam grading tasks during my own finals. I have managed to balanced them well.
Interesting and important job opportunity
transcription and data entry (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2015
Since my job was mainly transcription, I did a lot of it at home as well as at the College of Nursing and the Cancer Department. I felt that what I did was very useful to the growth of medical understanding and study. The subject matter was important, and I considered it a very good opportunity for me to learn. My coworkers where very kind. Doctors usually were incredibly busy, but I still appreciated working for them.
Pros
Important and Interesting work
Cons
Stressful at times due to deadlines for the transcripts
Great work and learning environment
Research Analyst/Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2015
The UA is a great R1 institution that provides students and staff with great opportunities to advance as long as the individual is willing to do the extra work.
It was fun.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2015
I liked working with my other co-workers. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Only was required to met on certain days.
Pros
The people are very outgoing
Cons
No benefits
Decent job
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2015
wonderful employer and supervisors, but very unlikely to move up in any way. Good learning environment and fun atmosphere.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
good employer
Assistant Scientific Investigator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 27, 2015
The benefits are great! Vacation days and sick balance is adequate.It offers you the opportunity to challenge yourself. The atmosphere is friendly and collaborative.

4.4