University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Friendly
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2017
Working as the library assistant on the mentioned project was a good experience as I was learning how to deal with archives. My direct boss was a very understanding man from China, who was teaching me how to use different tools for preserving the data and managing the information. For the day, I was reading the materials categorizing them, keeping their records and then digitized them to make them ready to be accessible online for public use. I was happy in this job, feeling useful to apply my Persian knowledge.
Productive and caring workplace
Chemical Engineering Lab Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed how caring and kind my co-workers were. I worked in Employee Records while studying as a student for 2 years at UofA. On a typical work day, I would organize employee records in their files by hand and input the information into the computer. I also handled phone calls, giving necessary information from employees. Around noon, I cover the executive secretary's desk for about half an hour to and hour. I learned excellent communication and organizational skills.
Excellent Employer
Executive Assistant for the Department Head (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 15, 2017
The University of Arizona is a great work environment and their benefits are next to none. I work from 7:30 - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday, as the assistant to the Department Head. I supervise and manage the Administrative Main Office. The hardest part of my job is having a Department Head who does not have respect for the Administrative Staff. The most enjoyable part of my job are the tasks and responsibilities I have and working with great peers and working with students.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Working for someone who does not respect the staff
Fun place to work
Custodian Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2017
I absolutely love working for University of Arizona they have a very organized professional team of custodians I absolutely enjoyed working with all my co-workers management a very courteous and kind and they listen the benefits are great great location great job security transfer Improvement I have nothing but great things to say about this place I miss this place
Pros
Just a great place to work
Cons
There are none
Club Advocate and Standards Board Director
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Chosen as a representative of my student government to work in the University of Arizona Clubs and Resources Center. I work with students with issues involving their club's statuses, their funding, or any personal issues they may be encountering. I would have 10 assigned office hours a week to come into the office and sit, and help with people that come and ask questions. I also help prepare everything for the club funding meetings every Monday afternoon. I really enjoyed my coworkers because we all got along and worked as a group adhesively.
Pros
Great networking, and awesome to represent the University of Arizona
Cons
lack of proper funds
Great place, though it depends on the lab
Research Technician, Plante Lab, BLAM Lab (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 14, 2017
In the lab I worked in, I have nothing but glowingly positive things to say. That said, I know others who didnt have so great a time. But from my view, employees make out like bandits. Solid healthcare, really nice benefits, and the staff and work culture was great. I miss this job and the campus to be totally honest.
Involvement in all aspects of agricultural education and administration.
Extension Director's Associate & Operations (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2016
A typical work day involved many and varied tasks, depending on the current need, from managing administrators schedules and meetings, to providing a wide range of operational support not only at the state administrative level but across the state to 23 county and Indian program offices who provide educational programs to support farmers, businesses, homemakers, youth and much more. Co-workers were many and always were there as a team. Hardest part of the job - juggling some intense multiple needs at any one given time. Most enjoyable - helping people get their jobs done, providing information and support, and working with a great team of faculty, staff and administrators.
very bureaucratic, biosciences pay is terrible
biochemist / chemical engineer (Current Employee) –  TucsonNovember 8, 2016
Good benefits and work balance.
Biosciences salaries are so low it is a joke. Unless you get a faculty position, don't expect more than a third to half of what you would make at one of the biotech companies in town. Good place to get experience, but be prepared to leave in a few years as there is no opportunity for advancement. If you manage to get a higher staff salary, no one wants you anymore because grants cannot support real salaries.
Pros
benefits, healthcare
Cons
pay, no advancement
Varies greatly by department
Systems Administrator, Principal (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2016
The University of Arizona as an entity is a great place to work. The clientele and general population tend to be friendly. Benefits are good.

If there is a negative it would be the extremely top heavy management visible in many departments.
Pros
Excellent benefits, good clientele
Cons
Top heavy management
Amazing place to do research in mining and environmental engineering
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 29, 2016
Pros: I am a researcher at the mining & geological engineering department, which is a leading department in the topic nationwide. Historical and actual academia's material available for mining and health/safety publications. Funding. The best professors. Nice place to do research
Satisfying
Campus Health Services Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2017
conducted travel clinics,
where I educated and provided information about the foreign country and required medications to the students and faculty members.

TB testing and clinics,
allergy injections, triage for the urgent care
Productive fun place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Love my job, but the commute is too long. Daily interaction with high level management. Reviewing and maintaining all personal and business calendars. Special event coordinator.
Pros
education
Cons
long commute
Very supportive of graduate teaching associates
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2017
The teaching load was very reasonable, and the tuition waiver saves so much money. Excellent training is provided by the Math department, and ongoing support is provided for GTAs.
good place to wrok
Parking Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2017
The University is led by a team of good people but the pay for classified staff is lacking. overall its a fun environment to be in.There is a lot of things going on at any given time so staying active is not an issue.
Has work to do
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2017
It's a good opportunity for starting out but don't expect to advance at all depending on position. With web it was an afterthought and rarely got raises or promotions.
Pros
Tuition Reduction
Cons
Poor Management, Bad raises
Ideal for research and academia
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Working as a graduate assistant at the U of Arizona's Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering is joyful and rewarding. The faculty and staff are very courteous and helpful to me.
Very pleasant place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 9, 2017
I am a GTA and I love working here. Great culture, friendly people. I like every part of the job and it's a great way to save money while taking classes.
Pros
good work-life balance with school
Work Study
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Senior-year work-study. It was cool. We would go to different schools in the different districts within Tucson to deliver speeches and certificates to over-achieving students.

We would also plan different events for the Cubs2Wildcats program.
Pros
Great people, rewarding experience, life-changing
Cons
Not a lot of potential to earn a six figure income.
Excellent place of business
Admissions Counselor- P.A.W.S specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2017
The college industry is good for anyone seeking more experience in the business field and with recruitment. Worked with a great group and enjoyed the benefits of traveling.
Slightly Disorganized but over all a good experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2017
I wish there had been a little more management involved rather than doing something and then being told that the way we went about it was incorrect afterwards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4