University of Arizona

University of Arizona Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day consisted of collecting samples, drying plant material, performing soil displacement tests.. I am still friends with my manager and co-workers though I no longer work there.
fun and productive job
CREDENTIAL EVALUATRO SENIOR (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: litte money
Fun to work with students and very productive team to reach our weekly goals
Excellent
Student Bioengineering/Aging Research Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: supervisors, engaging, interactive, productive
Amazing place to work. The supervisors are very helpful and engaging.
Atheletic Facility Workplace
Front Desk Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 18, 2014
Great amounts of Data Filing, stocking, and inventory calculating as athletic department clerk.
Competitive environment focused on the advancement of public issues
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 9, 2014
This job required a lot of time and energy but it was well worth it. With such a competitive spirit to it, all staff worked hard to achieve research goals and ensure guidelines were being followed. It also helped that we knew we were working towards a good cause to reform U.S. standards of marketing to children.
Research Assistant
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great education opertunity
Cons: temporary and part time jobs for graduate students.
One of the best places to learn and work. One of the great hydrology department in the US.
Good for a student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Attend class, attend work, earn while you study! Very good management who understand that graduate students have a hectic semester life and hence assign very less amount of work. But a graduate learns a great deal about Higher Education data and BI by working.
Your Basic Grad School Teaching Job
Graduate Associate Teacher (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: university environment, health insurance, flexible schedule, loose dress code, lots of mentorship opportunites
Cons: low pay, lots of work, life after grad school a bit of a crapshoot, difficult for people who aren't passionate about teaching or scholarship
All the benefits and drawbacks everyone tells you about when you enter grad school. The pay isn't commensurate to the work, but the experience is incredibly valuable for developing skills. You're expected to be working most of the time, but aside from class periods, when and where you do that work is extremely flexible. And of course you're pursuing – more... your own research at the same time, which makes you extremely busy, but on the other hand there's fewer better places in the world to do research than at a Research 1 University. I found the culture to be incredibly supportive and allow for a great deal of flexibility in how I taught my classes. Co-workers adn administrators are all quite helpful. The comparative lack of positions available for summer teaching is unfortunate but inevitable. – less
N/A
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2014
Student lab assistant with the pathology department. Did not work there for long.
Great place, Learned valuable skills
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2014
My research assistant job was very hands on and interactive. I learned many valuable skills that will help me in my future plans as a physician. I did not like that there wasn't very much social interaction throughout the day. I also worked as a waitress at Texas Roadhouse so I would love going there after to communicate with coworkers and provide customers – more... with exceptional customer service. – less
good place to work with coffee
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), TucsonAugust 18, 2014
Giving lectures which cover some basic concepts of the C programming language as well as
how these concepts related with experiments done by the students.
Making st
udents fully understand the C language programming ideas and skills, introducing
and enlightening students some oriented programming thinking in C++.
Coordinating five undergraduate – more... student assistants’ work, making the whole team would be
able to
complete the contents and requirements of the class on time – less
Busy place, culture is relatively happy and positive
Custodial Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good, mainly positive atmosphere
Cons: irregular hours. early! pay
Lots of education available with tuition assistance. Overall a decent place to work. Pay is on the lower end of the scale. Moving up into a higher position is slow, many people stay long term. Excellent retirement package and good benefits.
Amazing Workplace
Chicano Hispano Student Affairs (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2014
Enhance communication skills, interact with students from various backgrounds, respectful, always a good support to ensure students exceed in school
okay workplace
Mentor Tutor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay
Fun job a lot of work but it great working students Complied recommendations on how the Eller College of Management could effectively address program accreditation issues Worked with college administrators to evaluate the effectiveness of students services and conducted research to discover areas where gaps in student services existed, and complied – more... recommendations for how to effective close those service gaps. Created rubrics to evaluate and measure the, overall effectiveness of student programs including newly implemented programs. – less
Excellent Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2014
Pros: work environment, peers, management
Extremely profession, was given responsibilities and tasks to perform on a daily basis that were important and necessary.
very good school
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2014
Pros: people are very friendly for the most part
Cons: very hot in the summer, and not many trees
you can learn as much as you are interested in learning, my co-workers is another story.
A strong research-1 university
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 24, 2014
University of Arizona is a strong R1 university. The Department of Gender and Women's Studies, where I received my degree, is comprised of dedicated faculty doing cutting edge research. Their service record is also impeccable and their staff and graduate students are passionate about education.
Great place to start, wonderful experience
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2014
Pros: travel recruiting
Cons: low pay
Wonderful training and support from management. Freedom to identify your own market and develop it as you see fit. Great cross collaboration between departments.
Productive and interesting work
Research/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 13, 2014
Pros: interesting work experience
Cons: unpaid
As a research assistant, the work being done included smaller tasks but involved contributing to a research project that was very interesting. I am grateful for the opportunity and would love to pursue research in the future.
Great resources and faculty
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 12, 2014
The resources available here are fantastic and allow you to flourish. The faculty are also very helpful.

1 2 3 4 5