University of Arizona Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment at UA Think Tank
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2016
I have enjoyed working at the Think Tank for about 4 years. They have an excellent work environment and are flexible with student schedules. The people here are wonderful and incredibly helpful.
UofA
Student Union Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2016
Nice place to work at, employees are nice and easy to get along. the employer is respectful and organize. They are flexible when you need days off due personal emergencies.
Educational and Comforting
Lab manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2016
A place where you will learn many new skills and have a sense of home and belonging. The University has many professors looking for hard workers and understands that life has many ups and downs.
Awesome University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2016
Had a great time attending and working at this university.

I learned a lot working as a research assistant and I felt that my professors did care about my progress.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere.
Cons
Tuition is getting more expensive every year
Creative atmosphere
Manager, Administrative & Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2016
Managed large number of employees. Prepared food for multiple retail operations. Created menus for Catering.

Worked with others to develop new restaurants and update existing ones. Wrote recipes for special events.
Productive and fun workplace with strict policies
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 21, 2016
A typical work day included setup for either practice or game, as well as pregame and postgame therapy for the players. Management was consistent and co-workers were nothing short of hard-working. Hardest part of the job was being limited to only the required duties and being restricted from going the extra mile. Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and members of the team.
Pros
Free tickets to games and behind the scenes accessibility
Cons
No social allowance, limited job duties
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 15, 2016
Good place to work and fun fellow students to work with. It was a learning experience, it was something that I had never done before. Learned better customer service and how to work on an individual basis.
I love this job!!
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
I love this job very much because I have learnt a lot from this position and contributed so much into it. My supervisor is a very easy going guy.
Pros
Working time adjustable according to my class schedule
Cons
The highest salary for student is $11.25/hour
UofA
Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2016
The University of Arizona is a great place to study especially if you like the warm weather all year round. Not only does the university provide a great learning atmosphere, but the city of Tucson is filled with a lot of great diverse cultural restaurants and attractions that you can visit to enrich your experience.
Pros
Nice Campus and City
Cons
Living expenses cost quite a bit
Technology, Services and Products Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2016
Fun place to work, management was flexible and encouraging.

Working for the University of Arizona gave me opportunity to learn from the best, and it is a fundamental part of my formation as a person, and an employee.
Pros
Flexibility
Wonderful place to work
Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 29, 2016
Great benefits. Great group of people to work with. No drama or bull. Just come to work and do what you love to do. No yelling boss and no micro-management.
Cons
QTR could be better used for certifications or specialized training for job
Great Experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2016
As a college student, it can be tough to find a job that will work around your sporadic class schedule. Working at the Recreation Center on campus has been wonderful for me; as a trainer, you give your availability to the Fitness Coordinator, and they set you up with clients who have similar time preferences to workout. Once you connect with your client, all of the responsibility falls on you to meet with them and design and monitor their workout program. This job was a great way to get my toes wet in the training industry while still learning a log.
Very useful learning experience
Microbial Genetics Lab Intern (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2016
depending on your field of study there is always an intern, or work/study or some form of independent study lab work that can be done.
Pros
hands on experience
Cons
have to work around your school schedule.
Good work-life balance
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2016
I am working as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Arizona. Have good work-life balance and access to a lot of resources.
Biomedical Communications Career
Medical Photographer (Former Employee) –  College of Medicine, University of ArizonaMarch 20, 2016
Biomedical Communications is a department at the University of Arizona's College of Medicine. It was my profession of 16 years after College.

Most people will never know of this profession, as it is not in the mainstream compared to a: Doctor, Nurse, Fireman, Policeman, Lawyer or Politician, ...

We documented everything Medical and related. A staff of 50 people where in the department and there where 15 photographers in the Photography section. Our work is published in textbooks for Medical Students and documented in scientific journals around the world.

It has been my pleasure to work with some of the World's best pioneers of medicine for the good of mankind.!

My position was cut by the short sited politicians of the State of Arizona budgeting that did not understand our Profession.

With a heavy heart I took an early retirement.
Pros
Rewarding Career
Cons
State Cuts
Recommend it
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85721March 11, 2016
It was a fun job that provided many useful skills for future employment. It provided a basic foundation of skills that I will need in the future, such as, customer service, telephone communication, etc.
Energetic with much attention to detail
Strength and Conditioning Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2016
Great weather to be able to function and work to your greatest potential as a coach and teacher. Learned a lot from each person about everything in the field.
Conducting research at the University
Associate Research Professor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked with federal agencies to advance our understanding of interactions between climate change and societies in the past through modeling climate variability in tree-ring proxies.

Being a Principal Investigator is labor of love and passion, since it is a immense amount of work and stress. The University of Arizona management efficiently supported my research-related development and promptly administrated incoming grants. Overall, I had great honor and joy working for the University.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent collaborative network
Cons
Budgets cuts
Challenging but rewarding learning experience
Masters student (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I am pursuing a Masters degree in Geosciences at the University of Arizona. This is a great place to work and study. Compensation and salary is reasonable for a student but not sustainable. It is a very challenging and rewarding place to study, we do research all around the world and have some of the best resources available including some of the top scientists in the world as advisors and professors. The students here are very friendly and provide a positively competitive experience. It is very demanding at times but overall the high expectations of my performance as a student is very helpful in developing the skills that will help me become a great professional.
Nice long term work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2016
If you are loyal to an organization, U of A is perfect for you. The university offers long term perks like retirement and education assistance.
Pros
great group of co-workers
Cons
pay lower than expected

4.4