University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Comfortable environment
Instructional Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 22, 2017
The University of Arizona was a very nice place to work and it was easy to become a part of the culture of the institution. Enjoyed the connections and day to day activities.
It was all about the paper
News Editor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 17, 2017
I was an editor at the paper so it was great- we didn't get paid ANYTHING but maybe 20 bucks an article so you knew what you were getting into. It was an awesome experience.
Productive environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant - SIE (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 14, 2017
Flexible office hours
Collaboration with professors
Work life balance
Helps to groom the new students
Enhances problem solving skills
Pros
Flexible office hours
Challenging, equipment needed and salary
Director of Operations, Chemistry & Bio Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at the University of Arizona. It's one issue is that funding is not always positive. I was layoff after two years due to budget cuts. I was left alone to do my job. However, mentoring from the chair was lacking.
Pros
Salary, autonomy and work conditions
Cons
Lack of leadership from the chair who is a faculty member and not trained in administration
excellent school
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 13, 2017
school based curriculum allows you to perform at the optimum level when entering the workforce. The teachers are also willing to ensure you reach the maximum potential.
Club Sports Monitor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2017
The University of Arizona is a student friendly work place. The supervisors are very understanding of class schedules and various responsibilities that students have.
Doing research experiments
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2017
Its always fun to run experiments in the laboratory which is the most enjoyable part of research. Getting good data gets you motivated to run experiments.
great place to work (sometimes)
GEAR UP Project Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 3, 2017
My department was not a great place to work. I worked in a department under admissions and EAOP and I had to contact HR several times because of workplace violations on the part of management and harassment. Ultimately I had to leave. This was the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
nice campus, educational opportunities
Cons
breaks, personal time, management
Great Opportunity
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2017
Flexible with your schedule and okay management, overall satisfied with my experience. It is a great opportunity for those who have never had a job before, but no room for advancement. Sometimes management is confused about who they manage.
Pros
Flixibility
Cons
Compensation
Volunteer Experience
Arizona State Museum Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 27, 2017
I loved volunteering at the Arizona State Museum. I volunteered my first year on campus and was able to learn how the museum worked as well as learn about the various departments the museum holds.
Has work to do
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 13, 2017
It's a good opportunity for starting out but don't expect to advance at all depending on position. With web it was an afterthought and rarely got raises or promotions.
Pros
Tuition Reduction
Cons
Poor Management, Bad raises
good place to wrok
Parking Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2017
The University is led by a team of good people but the pay for classified staff is lacking. overall its a fun environment to be in.There is a lot of things going on at any given time so staying active is not an issue.
Friendly
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2017
Working as the library assistant on the mentioned project was a good experience as I was learning how to deal with archives. My direct boss was a very understanding man from China, who was teaching me how to use different tools for preserving the data and managing the information. For the day, I was reading the materials categorizing them, keeping their records and then digitized them to make them ready to be accessible online for public use. I was happy in this job, feeling useful to apply my Persian knowledge.
Satisfying
Campus Health Services Immunization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 9, 2017
conducted travel clinics,
where I educated and provided information about the foreign country and required medications to the students and faculty members.

TB testing and clinics,
allergy injections, triage for the urgent care
Fun place to work
Custodian Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 6, 2017
I absolutely love working for University of Arizona they have a very organized professional team of custodians I absolutely enjoyed working with all my co-workers management a very courteous and kind and they listen the benefits are great great location great job security transfer Improvement I have nothing but great things to say about this place I miss this place
Pros
Just a great place to work
Cons
There are none
Student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 5, 2017
Exciting research opportunities. Mostly friendly people. Awesome atmosphere to work. Beautiful landscaping and very nice architecture. Pick the right research group.
Cons
Parking
Productive and caring workplace
Chemical Engineering Lab Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 5, 2017
I enjoyed how caring and kind my co-workers were. I worked in Employee Records while studying as a student for 2 years at UofA. On a typical work day, I would organize employee records in their files by hand and input the information into the computer. I also handled phone calls, giving necessary information from employees. Around noon, I cover the executive secretary's desk for about half an hour to and hour. I learned excellent communication and organizational skills.
Ideal for research and academia
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Working as a graduate assistant at the U of Arizona's Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering is joyful and rewarding. The faculty and staff are very courteous and helpful to me.
Very supportive of graduate teaching associates
Graduate Teaching Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2017
The teaching load was very reasonable, and the tuition waiver saves so much money. Excellent training is provided by the Math department, and ongoing support is provided for GTAs.
Excellent Employer
Executive Assistant for the Department Head (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 15, 2017
The University of Arizona is a great work environment and their benefits are next to none. I work from 7:30 - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday, as the assistant to the Department Head. I supervise and manage the Administrative Main Office. The hardest part of my job is having a Department Head who does not have respect for the Administrative Staff. The most enjoyable part of my job are the tasks and responsibilities I have and working with great peers and working with students.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of people
Cons
Working for someone who does not respect the staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4