University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Great place, great attitude
Teaching Assistant for General Chemistry (Former Employee), Tucson, AzAugust 20, 2015
The work here is engaging and fun. Your opinion is listened to and the teaching is changing for the better. The labs are interesting even for the TA.
Good place good city
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Eller College of ManagementAugust 19, 2015
Very good supervisors and awesome study environment. You can accumulate some working experiences while studying here.

Try to find some on campus jobs here will help your future career
good place to work
lead/ sous chef (Former Employee), tucson azAugust 18, 2015
it was fun in the kitchen until i tried to transfer out then it just all went south the job wasn't fun anymore so i had to resign
Worked in the main library
I.T. Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2015
Great because the schedule was never set in stone. Student position, made my own hours, nice people to work with too. The pay wasn't good though. I worked for 2 years and I think it went up 20 cents
Good place to grow and learn.
Research Specialist Senior, CRC, Oncology Trials (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits and job security
Cons: periods of feast or famine work loads.
I have leaned that good source documentation is critical. I have learn much about the oncology research pharmaceutical process. The co- workers are great and work well together to be a cohesive team. I have completed research oncology studies from initiation to closure in outpatient setting. It is an academic setting so plenty of politics and poor management skills.
Adequate work environment with the ability to work independently
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Department of Nutritional ScienceAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Pursue professional development
Cons: Limited advancement and low salary
Work in a team to perform research. Professional development opportunities available. Limited ability to advance and low compensation.
productive and calm workplace
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2015
Pros: quiet environment
Cons: couldnt go past 25 hours a week
Great, calm place that enhances organization. wonderful student management, nice coworkers, no complications. i enjoyed the independence on the job and the flexible scheduling. it was great to work in a place where everyone was friendly and the job at hand was wonderful.
Productive and Fun workplace with supportive supervisors
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), TucsonAugust 5, 2015
Pros: My supervisor
Cons: No benefits because it is a starter job
I loved working here and learned so much from this place. It made me grow as a person and as a potential employee elsewhere. Shetara was a fantastic supervisor and was almost a "friend" to all of us undergraduate desk assistants. The environment was calm, friendly and always nurturing the knowledge seeker.
daily job
Custodian (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: no
worked 25 years at university from custodian to lead and suoervisor then to custodian until retirement. worked mon - fri holidays off
Post Doctoral Fellow
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2015
Good work culture.
Co-workers and Departments extend helping hands.
Life and work balance is good.
Community outside university respectful.
Great place to work with the best
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Researchers
Cons: lots of omputer time
Getting to work with scientists that are working on advanced research is a great experience and I've learned a lot from them. Mostly worked with a computer.
Busy office, but fun atmosphere, and good learning opportunities
Accountant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: changing policies and exceptions
There are a lot of training opportunities. The employees are hard working and understanding. I've made many friends here in the many years that I've been here, and we all stick together. The work is challenging sometimes, but my bosses have been accommodating in helping and teaching what we need to know.
limited opportunity to advance
Library infrastructure Team Member (Current Employee), tucsonJuly 14, 2015
admin heavy, typical goverment job with little chance to transfer. Willingness to take on new responsibilities are not recognized due to inability to tranfer to new jobs within the Unversity system
Great place, but no advancement
Research Programmer (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Relaxed enviroment, reasonable funding, excellent benefits.
Cons: Lack of raises in some departments.
Generally, the university is a great place to work. I worked for OSCR for a majority of the time but left after working for the CS department. Overall, I'd recommend it, but to get more money, you have to change jobs every few years as raises are difficult to come by.
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 3, 2015
University of Arizona is a great place to work. Caring, friendly colleagues and youthful mentality. Beautiful campus environment and hot weather of course.
Excellent Place to Grow
Engineer Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2015
Working at the University of Arizona has surrounded me with highly intellectual individuals who I benefit fro working alongside. All of my co-workers helped me in my personal growth and I hope to never lose their connection. The University of Arizona has many great opportunities especially in the space industry. I am currently working for the OCAMS team which is part of the OSIRIS-REx space mission. The only downside to working on projects like this is job security. Once this project is over, I am left to find another job and as far as I understand, it is typical that another project will not start for some time.
UofA South was an adventure
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, ArizonaJune 27, 2015
Pros: Autonomy, opportunity to create, benefits, love the students
Cons: lack of support when we needed it
As a satellite campus, we had a lot of autonomy. As a new campus, there was a lot of room to be creative. On a typical day I would travel a lot, visiting the community college for recruiting. I might be training new employees or conducting a new student orientation. Every day was full, busy and I had a wide variety of responsibilities.

I learned that I could do many things. I loved the feeling of creating new initiatives and solving new problems.

Management was very distant and we were left on our own. Although we didn't always have the support we needed, we had a lot of autonomy. I enjoyed my co-workers and we had a strong team.

The hardest part of the job was that we were spread thin. We had two office sites and five community college recruiting sites and only six employees. Schedules were adjusted daily to compensate for absenteeism.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being in control of a new project/campus. I loved creating new initiatives and felt personal satisfaction in the success of the programs.
Coperate environment with equal opportunities to students
Design Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 26, 2015
Pros: university holidays, food close by, discount off classes
Cons: overtime, large amount of students, working with others on campus
Working as a student intern, I expected to handle minimal jobs. The UA gave me equal opportunity to have fun and be exposed to real jobs.
They are all astronuts
Sky Spotter - ARGOS Team (Current Employee), Safford, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: Hot tea!
Worked as a sky spotter, cold work but a lot of fun! I get to talk to a lot of amazing people from all over the world.

U of A make a lot of really cool mirrors in their labs and the LBTO has the biggest ones to date!
Great School
Web Developer Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 23, 2015
This was a very intuitive Athletic Department to work for. I learned a lot that can be applied to real life work.

My boss was a great guy who helped me develop certain skills that will be necessary to succeed in the software/technology world.