University of Arizona Employee Reviews

UofA
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2017
University of Arizona is a good place to work. The offices are usually even paced and has a good balance of time off you can take. Working with managers was easy.
excellent place to work
Children's Multi Specialty Center (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
Traveling with doctors to five different locations around Arizona to assist in clinics.
Making appointments for patients, answering phone lines and assisting patients with any questions,
appointments, or concerns, triage, EKG, vital signs, preparing patients for doctors' visit, preparing clinic for
next day or traveling clinic visits, preparing charts, entering data into system, assisting doctors with Spanish
speaking patients, worked front office as well as back office, cleaning rooms, multi-tasking.
Pros
great group of doctors
Cons
supervision
TA (Former Employee) –  U of AJune 15, 2017
I worked as a TA for the University of Arizona, which was basically a teacher of one of the introductory biology labs. It was a great working environment and a great place to work.
Melting Pot of Culture!
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2017
Great place to work, if you love your job. I've been working part time for 10 years and still love it! Hard to get your foot in the door but, once you're in, you can be a lifer!
Pros
Special perks for employees
Cons
Compensation could be better
Academic
Supervisor, Chem. Elec. Fac (Former Employee) –  University of ArizonaJune 14, 2017
This is the UNIVERSITY environment. I enjoyed it. People want to learn here and aren't (generally) afraid of hard work. Very stimulating place. ALWAYS something new and exciting. They would certainly give enough rope to hang yourself (as they say). No one interfered with my work, and they were always very supportive. I worked my way up from student employee to one of the highest paid staff members in 27 years. It was a pleasure to work there now that I look back on it.
Pros
Stimulating environment, always something exciting happening
Cons
Endless hours
Just a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2017
Being a TA was a great part of my experience at the UofA. It made my education cheaper and it gave me real life experience in working at a university.
easy and fun
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2017
The work itself was easy to do and it was fund working with so many different people. The environment there was fun to work. It was one of my first jobs and I enjoyed it.
Fun research assistants to work with and flexible schedule
Undergrad Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2017
Worked as an undergrad research assistant. The grad assistants are smart, fun people to hang out with. There's a lot to learn and the the research can be nation-leading if in the right department.
Advancement opportunities and flexible hours
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 12, 2017
Wonderful opportunity for growth, they invest in education of their employees! its a fun environment and the people you work with are great and supportive
Best Student Job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 8, 2017
This job was the best student job I had during my time at the university. It is incredibly flexible, hours are subject to change during finals week, and the option to work more hours is there. You are able to work safely on campus, and stay apart of the residence life culture.
N/a
Member, Blue Chip Leadership Program (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2017
I attend the University of Arizona for school. It is an awesome school with cool people. There is nice weather as well. I'm just trying to fill this box.
Great place to work while doing school
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2017
I was a Spanish instructor for 3 years to pay for my education. Nice place to work. Everyone is very friendly. Benefits are excellent, especially tuition reduction. Pay is decent (definitely enough to live on). The department is huge and can be a little disorganized. Some policies can be annoying but most work well. You get some leeway to do what you like in your class so long as you don't egregiously break important rules or regulations.
University of Arizona is a great place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 5, 2017
Faculty and staff are helpful and supportive. The workplace culture is positive. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching at the University of Arizona South.
benefits
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2017
Truly the first place I learned in a higher paced, more competitive environment, how hard it can be to lead. People can be truly crude and Eller College of Management helped me manifest the abilities necessary to be a great managing partner.
Student Teacher
Wildcat Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
The University of Arizona respects each students and offers rewarding classes with a great educational program and advisors to assist the students with their needs.
Productive school
Student (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 30, 2017
The programs in the school are so great. They give the required knowledge for students to be ready for the future steps in their lives. the professors care about the students and vice versa. great atmosphere in school
Completed library researchand completed Spanish translations for Department of Spansh and Portuguese
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 30, 2017
This job entailed translating documents and updating information for research. I had good practice with my Spanish when I had to pull out the Spanish dictionary. I didn't get a lot of hours for this job, but it was a good summer job.
Pros
Learning more Spanish
Cons
Not enough hours
U of A
Operating system Design (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 25, 2017
pros
Great insurance and benefits and tuition reimbursement opportunities. Some nice and interesting people. Great school and biggest employer in this town.
Cons
Low pay, micromanagers, no yearly or good raises, no advancement opportunities, leadership doesn't listen to suggestions or complaints. Overworked and underappreciated.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 25, 2017
I had great time working in UofA. Excellent people and environment. The system is very organized, the professors and the support staffs are friendly. I was glad working for the UofA
Pros
System, professors and support staffs
Management team unsupportive
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2017
This review is specifically for the dinning services industry only, The management team that is in place exhibits very poor leadership and communication skills. Most of their decisions are made through the assertion of power rather than company benefit. Lack of connection with the customer needs. Very little chance of advancement.
Pros
State and University benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4