University of Arizona Employee Reviews in United States

A fantastic place to learn with an unfortunate instability with funding
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2016
I have learned an incredible amount about conducting scientific research, writing coherently, and teaching others while at the U of A. However, the disparity of funding across departments and internal instability is very hard on graduate students trying to complete research for their theses. My coworkers are incredible, and amazing things are being studied in every discipline I've interacted with.
Pros
CAPS program, Rec Center, Brilliant Coworkers
Cons
Lack of Funding, slow response of administration at times
Productive and fun workplace with strict policies
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 21, 2016
A typical work day included setup for either practice or game, as well as pregame and postgame therapy for the players. Management was consistent and co-workers were nothing short of hard-working. Hardest part of the job was being limited to only the required duties and being restricted from going the extra mile. Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and members of the team.
Pros
Free tickets to games and behind the scenes accessibility
Cons
No social allowance, limited job duties
Great workplace
Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2016
It is a great place to work, although the advancement and compensation can stall quickly. I would like to see a more stable approach to advancement and a compensation package that is more in-line with the corporate model. However, the workplace balance far makes up for it.
Great Experience
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2016
As a college student, it can be tough to find a job that will work around your sporadic class schedule. Working at the Recreation Center on campus has been wonderful for me; as a trainer, you give your availability to the Fitness Coordinator, and they set you up with clients who have similar time preferences to workout. Once you connect with your client, all of the responsibility falls on you to meet with them and design and monitor their workout program. This job was a great way to get my toes wet in the training industry while still learning a log.
U of A is an excellent place to work
Administrative Associate, Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2016
I learned new and challenging skills I did not know I had until I was put to test during hectic and busy times. Enjoyed setting up meetings and meeting new people.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Dept. I worked for did have show some favoritism to an employee
UofA
Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2016
The University of Arizona is a great place to study especially if you like the warm weather all year round. Not only does the university provide a great learning atmosphere, but the city of Tucson is filled with a lot of great diverse cultural restaurants and attractions that you can visit to enrich your experience.
Pros
Nice Campus and City
Cons
Living expenses cost quite a bit
Conducting research at the University
Associate Research Professor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked with federal agencies to advance our understanding of interactions between climate change and societies in the past through modeling climate variability in tree-ring proxies.

Being a Principal Investigator is labor of love and passion, since it is a immense amount of work and stress. The University of Arizona management efficiently supported my research-related development and promptly administrated incoming grants. Overall, I had great honor and joy working for the University.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent collaborative network
Cons
Budgets cuts
Challenging but rewarding learning experience
Masters student (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I am pursuing a Masters degree in Geosciences at the University of Arizona. This is a great place to work and study. Compensation and salary is reasonable for a student but not sustainable. It is a very challenging and rewarding place to study, we do research all around the world and have some of the best resources available including some of the top scientists in the world as advisors and professors. The students here are very friendly and provide a positively competitive experience. It is very demanding at times but overall the high expectations of my performance as a student is very helpful in developing the skills that will help me become a great professional.
Great place to work friendly people
Buyer Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2016
You will never meet such a wonderful bunch of people at the University of Arizona. Everyone works on a common goal in business so you make friends and get the job done at the same time.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Cons
Pay is lagging behind
Biomedical Communications Career
Medical Photographer (Former Employee) –  College of Medicine, University of ArizonaMarch 20, 2016
Biomedical Communications is a department at the University of Arizona's College of Medicine. It was my profession of 16 years after College.

Most people will never know of this profession, as it is not in the mainstream compared to a: Doctor, Nurse, Fireman, Policeman, Lawyer or Politician, ...

We documented everything Medical and related. A staff of 50 people where in the department and there where 15 photographers in the Photography section. Our work is published in textbooks for Medical Students and documented in scientific journals around the world.

It has been my pleasure to work with some of the World's best pioneers of medicine for the good of mankind.!

My position was cut by the short sited politicians of the State of Arizona budgeting that did not understand our Profession.

With a heavy heart I took an early retirement.
Pros
Rewarding Career
Cons
State Cuts
Creative atmosphere
Manager, Administrative & Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2016
Managed large number of employees. Prepared food for multiple retail operations. Created menus for Catering.

Worked with others to develop new restaurants and update existing ones. Wrote recipes for special events.
Current Employee at Campus Rec
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2016
I have a fun job at the University of Arizona. I am Spinning and Fitness instructor. I love teaching all the fun classes. Fitness passes are open to the community as well.
Pros
Fun environment!
Cons
Academia is the place to be
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2016
University campus is a beautiful place to work. Departments and colleges vary in type of work and opportunities. Hardest part of the job is how well you handle the people you work with everyday.
Awesome University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2016
Had a great time attending and working at this university.

I learned a lot working as a research assistant and I felt that my professors did care about my progress.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere.
Cons
Tuition is getting more expensive every year
Great work environment at UA Think Tank
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2016
I have enjoyed working at the Think Tank for about 4 years. They have an excellent work environment and are flexible with student schedules. The people here are wonderful and incredibly helpful.
Technology, Services and Products Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 6, 2016
Fun place to work, management was flexible and encouraging.

Working for the University of Arizona gave me opportunity to learn from the best, and it is a fundamental part of my formation as a person, and an employee.
Pros
Flexibility
I love this job!!
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2016
I love this job very much because I have learnt a lot from this position and contributed so much into it. My supervisor is a very easy going guy.
Pros
Working time adjustable according to my class schedule
Cons
The highest salary for student is $11.25/hour
Great University with Great Professors
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2016
Among many Universities I had the honor to be admitted, University of Arizona James E Rogers College of Law is definitely the most passionate one to help its students.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I love the work I do when i have work to do other then that it is very small work space and I usually just sit there a good portion of the day which makes the day drag on
Pros
people
Cons
no work
Educational and Comforting
Lab manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2016
A place where you will learn many new skills and have a sense of home and belonging. The University has many professors looking for hard workers and understands that life has many ups and downs.

4.4