University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Great University
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Nice department, very nice campus, experienced people from various areas. highly recommend. Very nice facilities and research environment.
Visitor scholar (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 16, 2016
I worked here while I was a student, so my employer understood very well balancing work with my other responsibilities. The work/life balance was perfect.
Pros
Great university to work for.
Cons
Driving through campus/finding parking can be impossible
Work Study
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 14, 2016
Senior-year work-study. It was cool. We would go to different schools in the different districts within Tucson to deliver speeches and certificates to over-achieving students.

We would also plan different events for the Cubs2Wildcats program.
Pros
Great people, rewarding experience, life-changing
Cons
Not a lot of potential to earn a six figure income.
Challenging job
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 3, 2016
Analyze yesterday's result. Plan the day's work according. Collaborate with coworker. Attend meeting . Meeting with supervisor and mentoring undergraduate students.
Benefits are great outweighs the poor salary
Buyer Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2016
Great place to work, wonderful spirit with our top teams in the PAC12, our student run Spring Fling carnival is always a big event here, Student Union great place to eat. Small enough town to where the traffic isnt too horrible.
Pros
Family oriented and kicked back, great benefits
Cons
The pay stinks
Great workplace
Information Technology Support Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2016
It is a great place to work, although the advancement and compensation can stall quickly. I would like to see a more stable approach to advancement and a compensation package that is more in-line with the corporate model. However, the workplace balance far makes up for it.
Great place to work friendly people
Buyer Senior (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 15, 2016
You will never meet such a wonderful bunch of people at the University of Arizona. Everyone works on a common goal in business so you make friends and get the job done at the same time.
Pros
Awesome Benefits
Cons
Pay is lagging behind
Current Employee at Campus Rec
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2016
I have a fun job at the University of Arizona. I am Spinning and Fitness instructor. I love teaching all the fun classes. Fitness passes are open to the community as well.
Pros
Fun environment!
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2016
I love the work I do when i have work to do other then that it is very small work space and I usually just sit there a good portion of the day which makes the day drag on
Pros
people
Cons
no work
U of A is an excellent place to work
Administrative Associate, Radiation Oncology (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2016
I learned new and challenging skills I did not know I had until I was put to test during hectic and busy times. Enjoyed setting up meetings and meeting new people.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Dept. I worked for did have show some favoritism to an employee
Great place to work and learn
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2016
U of A provides me with a very good learning environment, innovative experiments to work on, patient mentors and flexible hours.
Grad-school is labile
Graduate Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2016
Being a grad student at the University of Arizona on a fellowship has lots of variation. When everything is perfectly aligned (funding, projects, research, development, and classes) it is the most amazing experience possible. The faculty in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department are among the most intelligent people you'll ever meet. Generally you'll have a great deal of intellectual freedom. Each advisor is different, but mine let me direct my own research. This is good if you are self-motivated. One co-worker wasn't self-motivated and spent over 10 years with the same advisor, not graduating.

The work became very difficult when funding sources were drying up. I wanted to change directions for my PhD research from my Master's work. Writing proposals can take 40+ to 80+ hours, which you don't get paid for, aren't guaranteed to win, and sometimes the university is too slow to submit the paperwork (they have to review grant proposals) so you're never even in the competition for funding.
Pros
Great place with lots of smart people.
Cons
When your funding & research aren't aligned, you'll be putting in 80ish hours/week
Academia is the place to be
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2016
University campus is a beautiful place to work. Departments and colleges vary in type of work and opportunities. Hardest part of the job is how well you handle the people you work with everyday.
A fantastic place to learn with an unfortunate instability with funding
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2016
I have learned an incredible amount about conducting scientific research, writing coherently, and teaching others while at the U of A. However, the disparity of funding across departments and internal instability is very hard on graduate students trying to complete research for their theses. My coworkers are incredible, and amazing things are being studied in every discipline I've interacted with.
Pros
CAPS program, Rec Center, Brilliant Coworkers
Cons
Lack of Funding, slow response of administration at times
Great University with Great Professors
Doctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2016
Among many Universities I had the honor to be admitted, University of Arizona James E Rogers College of Law is definitely the most passionate one to help its students.
Great work environment at UA Think Tank
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 24, 2016
I have enjoyed working at the Think Tank for about 4 years. They have an excellent work environment and are flexible with student schedules. The people here are wonderful and incredibly helpful.
UofA
Student Union Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2016
Nice place to work at, employees are nice and easy to get along. the employer is respectful and organize. They are flexible when you need days off due personal emergencies.
Educational and Comforting
Lab manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2016
A place where you will learn many new skills and have a sense of home and belonging. The University has many professors looking for hard workers and understands that life has many ups and downs.
Awesome University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 4, 2016
Had a great time attending and working at this university.

I learned a lot working as a research assistant and I felt that my professors did care about my progress.
Pros
Awesome atmosphere.
Cons
Tuition is getting more expensive every year
Creative atmosphere
Manager, Administrative & Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 29, 2016
Managed large number of employees. Prepared food for multiple retail operations. Created menus for Catering.

Worked with others to develop new restaurants and update existing ones. Wrote recipes for special events.

4.4