University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Excellent working and educational experence
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2015
The University of Arizona was an outstanding educational and employment training experience. The faculty, staff, employees, and students are without a doubt exceptional.
Pros
Excellent Scientific Training
Cons
The summer sun can be really hot! But if you can't stand the heat....
First and exciting teaching experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2015
Weekly meetings and support from supervisor and colleagues was excellent. Planning lessons, grading, teaching, assisting and laboratory setup was art of weekly assignments. Tutoring students every week was a great experience. First teaching experience I had.
multicultural working enviroment
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  TucsonOctober 12, 2015
People are very nice and open minded and supportive, as an international person you feel home while working at Univ of Arizona.
Great university
Intern Athletics Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 26, 2015
I enjoyed going to this school very much. I am a native Tucsonan and love everything Wildcats. The internship had helped me get the knowledge of real world sports experiances that you dont see as a fan.
Fun and good place
Information Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2015
I liked working here, I was just part time but it was a great job. Nice and busy but not overwhelming. Great people to work with that taught you lots of things to make sure you were well equipped for the job.
Pros
great job
Cons
IT office was in the dungeon
co-workers
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2015
Many people who work hard and try to do their best. Many people go out of their way to help others to get the job done. Very rewarding place to be around.
My review
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2015
At work usually I make spawn, do transfers, culture fungi, ect. I enjoyed it because I could come and go and they were flexible with my schedule.
Desk Assistant
Residence Life, Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2015
A typical day for me was waking up at 6 in the morning to head to work for 5 - 6 hours. After work I went across the street to class for another 4 - 5 hours depending on what day of the week it was. Balancing my school and work schedule was the biggest thing I took away from my job because it taught me how to balance my life accordingly. Once I learned how to balance my day everything for me became less stressful.
Great place, great attitude
Teaching Assistant for General Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AzAugust 20, 2015
The work here is engaging and fun. Your opinion is listened to and the teaching is changing for the better. The labs are interesting even for the TA.
Good place good city
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eller College of ManagementAugust 19, 2015
Very good supervisors and awesome study environment. You can accumulate some working experiences while studying here.

Try to find some on campus jobs here will help your future career
good place to work
lead/ sous chef (Former Employee) –  tucson azAugust 18, 2015
it was fun in the kitchen until i tried to transfer out then it just all went south the job wasn't fun anymore so i had to resign
Worked in the main library
I.T. Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2015
Great because the schedule was never set in stone. Student position, made my own hours, nice people to work with too. The pay wasn't good though. I worked for 2 years and I think it went up 20 cents
Good place to grow and learn.
Research Specialist Senior, CRC, Oncology Trials (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2015
I have leaned that good source documentation is critical. I have learn much about the oncology research pharmaceutical process. The co- workers are great and work well together to be a cohesive team. I have completed research oncology studies from initiation to closure in outpatient setting. It is an academic setting so plenty of politics and poor management skills.
Pros
Benefits and job security
Cons
periods of feast or famine work loads.
Adequate work environment with the ability to work independently
Research Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Department of Nutritional ScienceAugust 10, 2015
Work in a team to perform research. Professional development opportunities available. Limited ability to advance and low compensation.
Pros
Pursue professional development
Cons
Limited advancement and low salary
productive and calm workplace
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2015
Great, calm place that enhances organization. wonderful student management, nice coworkers, no complications. i enjoyed the independence on the job and the flexible scheduling. it was great to work in a place where everyone was friendly and the job at hand was wonderful.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
couldnt go past 25 hours a week
Productive and Fun workplace with supportive supervisors
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  TucsonAugust 5, 2015
I loved working here and learned so much from this place. It made me grow as a person and as a potential employee elsewhere. Shetara was a fantastic supervisor and was almost a "friend" to all of us undergraduate desk assistants. The environment was calm, friendly and always nurturing the knowledge seeker.
Pros
My supervisor
Cons
No benefits because it is a starter job
daily job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2015
worked 25 years at university from custodian to lead and suoervisor then to custodian until retirement. worked mon - fri holidays off
Post Doctoral Fellow
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2015
Good work culture.
Co-workers and Departments extend helping hands.
Life and work balance is good.
Community outside university respectful.
Great place to work with the best
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2015
Getting to work with scientists that are working on advanced research is a great experience and I've learned a lot from them. Mostly worked with a computer.
Pros
Researchers
Cons
lots of omputer time
Busy office, but fun atmosphere, and good learning opportunities
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2015
There are a lot of training opportunities. The employees are hard working and understanding. I've made many friends here in the many years that I've been here, and we all stick together. The work is challenging sometimes, but my bosses have been accommodating in helping and teaching what we need to know.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
changing policies and exceptions

4.4