University of Arizona Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and important job opportunity
transcription and data entry (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2015
Since my job was mainly transcription, I did a lot of it at home as well as at the College of Nursing and the Cancer Department. I felt that what I did was very useful to the growth of medical understanding and study. The subject matter was important, and I considered it a very good opportunity for me to learn. My coworkers where very kind. Doctors usually were incredibly busy, but I still appreciated working for them.
Pros
Important and Interesting work
Cons
Stressful at times due to deadlines for the transcripts
It's a good place to work
Course Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2016
I truly enjoy working with the students and professors at the U of A. It's really a great place to work as well as learn. My coworkers are both hard working as well as fun to work with.
Pros
fun place
Cons
tough
It was fun.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2015
I liked working with my other co-workers. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Only was required to met on certain days.
Pros
The people are very outgoing
Cons
No benefits
Productive and high pressure working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2015
The academic environment at U of A is very good for professional development, the undergraduate students are eager to ask questions, even though I can tell the mathematical foundations for difference students vary in a great extent, I see students come to my office hours and attend my review session trying to solve their inquiries and challenges. This in turn drives me to prepare for the best before every lecture, and devote all my time during lecture.
I have only seen 1 or 2 students attempting to cheat during exam, and they stopped the attempts after my warnings.
The professors I have worked with are all very organized and good at the subjects they are teaching. They used different techniques for various levels of economics courses.
Overall, I have accelerated valuable experience interacting with students, and learning from professors in their curriculum design, and lecturing.

Also, it is a high pressure working environment, since I have my own course works as Ph.D. student, I always encounter exam grading tasks during my own finals. I have managed to balanced them well.
Nice long term work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2016
If you are loyal to an organization, U of A is perfect for you. The university offers long term perks like retirement and education assistance.
Pros
great group of co-workers
Cons
pay lower than expected
My particular department was a disaster
IT Manager - UApresents (Former Employee) –  UApresentsOctober 23, 2012
While initially supportive, there was no performance review at the end of the first year. At the end of the second year, my contract was not renewed. (I had been working in the field for 11 years prior to joining the university staff, with consistent positive performance reviews and significant pay increases.)

I would NEVER recommend working for the specific department I was in. The management of the department was horrific and incompetent.
Pros
good work/life balance. good benefits.
Cons
management that was so poor it was absurd.
Great environment to work
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Nice atmosphere, great teachers and students. Good classroom setting. Friendly people in office. The town of Tucson has a wonderful weather and nice places to visit, eat, and study.
Good university and good climate
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Nice university with many talent professors. The ECE department is very nice. You can do some cut-edging technology here.
Awesome Job
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working for my University's athletic department creating postcards, flyers, icons, etc. I enjoyed each and every project given to me.
Great job
Parking & Transportation Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing tickets from customers, being on the computer, or listening to music. We got to be on our phones or watch Netflix in our spare time so it was really nice. My
co-workers were students as well as I was. It was a work-study position.
Professional learning enviornment. I was treated with dignity.
Teaching Labs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meinel buildingDecember 29, 2015
I was allowed room to grow and learn new things every day. I also learned much from students, professors and staff. All were kind and helpful.
The University of Arizona is a wonderful place to work
Senior Graduate Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
The pay is not the highest but the benefits are outstanding. The environment is very friendly and accommodating to home life which makes your work life even better. Everyone once in a while you come across a grumpy business manager that you might have to deal with but overall the employees here are very friendly and great to work with.
Pros
great health benifits, tuition reduction, childcare voucher program
Cons
lower pay compaired to other places
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
It's a very good place to work in, interacting with the teachers and students in a learning environment.
It's less than half time but a good job to learn about teaching and what it takes to give a good class and have the students' attention.
productive and calm workplace
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2015
Great, calm place that enhances organization. wonderful student management, nice coworkers, no complications. i enjoyed the independence on the job and the flexible scheduling. it was great to work in a place where everyone was friendly and the job at hand was wonderful.
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
couldnt go past 25 hours a week
Office feels like a family
Administrative Assoctiate (Former Employee) –  University of Arizona Office of the DeanMay 13, 2015
I spent the day managing the front while doing jobs. I enjoyed working with and briefly chatting with all my colleges. The management was completely understanding when emergencies come up. I found it challenging to come up with things to do when it was slow. That is after cleaning. I started spending the time reorganizing and cleaning files and electronic systems. In addition, I took classes to learn other aspects of UAccess. I like dealing with customers, parents and people who need help.
Pros
They celebrated our accomplishments, with lunches and breakfasts.
Cons
The deans were very busy and made for some complicated moments.
Excellent lab workplace that furthers experience with field of research and conducting experiments/experimental protocols
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
I work in an Evolutionary Biology lab in which I either come in and perform chemical extraction/purification procedures, HPLC, or analysis of my experimental data or that gained before I worked here which needs to be analyzed. I learned an incredible amount of experimental protocols that extend to many other fields of research on top of the experience I had from previous lab work. I loved that the professor and the graduate student I worked directly under genuinely cared about my future career and graduate school goals, and gave me an excellent opportunity to build my laboratory repertoire and have a better chance at being accepted to a great school and have the background to get a research position.
I feel that I now have more qualifications in a wide field of research procedures to qualify for the positions I apply to because of this job.
A Growing Community for bio medical technologies
Research Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 18, 2015
The university of Arizona is a community for innovative bio medical technology. Science in this institution is very collaborative.
Pros
Great community for Science
Cons
Funding
Great job
Program Coordinator- Clerkship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaDecember 29, 2015
Great job with lots of responsibility. Worked with third year medical school students. It was a great environment and a lot of student interaction.
co-workers
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2015
Many people who work hard and try to do their best. Many people go out of their way to help others to get the job done. Very rewarding place to be around.
teaching Russian
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZJanuary 6, 2014
At the University of Arizona I taught beginning Russian to adults. A typical day would include preparing lessons, preparing exams, conducting class, and grading exam papers. I really enjoyed teaching an adult population. I learned the responsibilities of being a teacher and working with supervisors. My co-workers were other students that excelled in school. The most challenging part of the job was being creative with presenting the curriculum. This was my first teaching job and I had to present the material in a creative and interesting manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching itself. I was able to relate well with my students and tutor those that struggled.
Pros
relationship and responsibility building
Cons
low salary, no advancement opportunities

4.4