University of Arizona Employee Reviews in United States

I love working at the U of A
Program Instructor and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Safford, AZMay 13, 2015
I love the place I work at, the environment, the people, and the job. It really makes me sad to need to look for another job however financially I need to. My salary was funded thru a grant and the grant was not issued to U of A this year so at this time there isn't money to pay for my position.
Office feels like a family
Administrative Assoctiate (Former Employee) –  University of Arizona Office of the DeanMay 13, 2015
I spent the day managing the front while doing jobs. I enjoyed working with and briefly chatting with all my colleges. The management was completely understanding when emergencies come up. I found it challenging to come up with things to do when it was slow. That is after cleaning. I started spending the time reorganizing and cleaning files and electronic systems. In addition, I took classes to learn other aspects of UAccess. I like dealing with customers, parents and people who need help.
Pros
They celebrated our accomplishments, with lunches and breakfasts.
Cons
The deans were very busy and made for some complicated moments.
Excellent lab workplace that furthers experience with field of research and conducting experiments/experimental protocols
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 3, 2015
I work in an Evolutionary Biology lab in which I either come in and perform chemical extraction/purification procedures, HPLC, or analysis of my experimental data or that gained before I worked here which needs to be analyzed. I learned an incredible amount of experimental protocols that extend to many other fields of research on top of the experience I had from previous lab work. I loved that the professor and the graduate student I worked directly under genuinely cared about my future career and graduate school goals, and gave me an excellent opportunity to build my laboratory repertoire and have a better chance at being accepted to a great school and have the background to get a research position.
I feel that I now have more qualifications in a wide field of research procedures to qualify for the positions I apply to because of this job.
Chaotic But Educational
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tuscon, AZMay 1, 2015
There was a lot of cleaning, checking on customers, and delivering food everyday. Most people did not know that at sonic you are supposed to tip the skaters, and sonic did not make an effort to make this known. Phones were forbidden to be on your person, and you were not allow to stand around. I had a very hard time being allowed to take my breaks, as required by law, and often was not allowed to sit down even though I had been on my skates for hours. The management was not very understanding, and although I talked to the manager and left letters telling her that she was repetitively scheduling me for more hours than I said I could handle in my application and in the interview, as I was also a high school student at the time. The management also forbid the employees during one meeting to request time off to go to prom, which I found to be insensitive.
Pros
Sometimes allowed to have discounted food when convient to management, right next to a strip club so guys come in late at night with "left over" singles.
Cons
No breaks, little flexibility, customers frequently drunk or high.
Fun Job
Referral Specialist - Tobacco Cessation (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 7, 2015
This was a student position, I enjoyed working there because it allowed me to focus on my studies.I had lots of fun and met a lot of great people.
Work study
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 2, 2015
Aboslutely learned a lot in this job as an office specialist. Learned about computers, meetings with highly qulaified people while attending college.
Pros
Fabulous
Cons
no cons
University of Arizona
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 31, 2015
Very nice place to work. Friendly co-workers and great students. This was an interesting job that I enjoyed immensely. My knowledge of academic instruction was increased ten-fold.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students. There was not anything particular hard although one of the computer programs was challenging.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Great university but needs more funds
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
Everything is great but research funding...
A lot of grad students in our department can not get RA positions due to the lack of funds, not every professor can provide RA position...
Pros
environment, view, tech
Cons
research funds
Fun Workplace
UTIS Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
I enjoy working at the University of Arizona as an IT Support Specialist. I like working with my co-workers. The environment is very friendly and we all depend on one another to get problems fixed. We all usually wait for clients to call in regarding their technical issues. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with rude callers. One of my supervisors is very easy going.
Pros
Fun co-workers and supervisor.
Cons
Doesn't pay as well as similar jobs in the private sector.
Not bad for a minimum wage job
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 22, 2015
This review pertains to Park Avenue Dining at the Park Student Union

Most days are the same: you clock in, do your job, then clock out. Traffic varies highly, with some days having hours of dead air and others being 4 hours of nonstop rush. There are 3 supervisors which can lead to mixed messages, and the 3 vary in quality, but are overall helpful and understanding. Communication with coworkers is key, especially when the pace is quick; poor communication can lead to mistakes and disproportionate workloads.

Hardest parts of the job are days where the flow of customers is nonstop and closing shifts.
Pros
flexible hours, sociable coworkers
Cons
ridiculously busy at times, no tips
Great Academic Atmosphere
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 19, 2015
The experience I have received at the university has been exceptionally and would undoubtably benefit me throughout my career.
Hard working and friendly environment
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2015
Upon arrival there was usually wasn't too much work to finish up from the morning shifts. Management is very friendly and strong on positive critique technics. Co-workers are helpful and easy going; I can't think of a time where there was a co-worker I dreaded seeing at work. Never was there anything hard about the job, but rather challenge. From the hours of lunch there are excessive rushes that left everyone a bit tired. Aside from that, working at the University has been a great experience for myself because it has taught me leadership skills, and communication. Mainly leadership skills and communication, but also organization and time management. Being my first job, the University does an outstanding job introducing students to the work force, while still accommodating students with their schedules.
Pros
1/2 off all campus affiliated restaurants, works around school schedule, friendly employees
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Interesting but too much office politics
Marketing Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2015
I got to work on interesting projects
I built my resume
Saved money on my tuition
However, got caught up in academia drama
University
Programmer at University of Arizona (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Good University with lot of funding opportunities. Research work is also very good in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Exchange Program
Research Group Member (Former Employee) –  TucsonFebruary 23, 2015
Research Group Member
- “Synthesis of Anti-β-Substituted γ,δ-Unsaturated Amino Acids via Asymmetric Thio-Claisen Rearrangement”.
Professional and caring environment.
Various Administrative Positions (Former Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaFebruary 17, 2015
Represents a wonderful educational environment that encourages the betterment of humanity. Offers a wide range of experiences and opportunities.
Fun and fast paced
Event Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Good people to work with and very productive. This job can work around your schedule of either work or school. It's agreat job that lets you see the sporting events for free while working. The job is mostly on some week nights and most weekends.
University of Arizona Student Worker
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Typical day meant showing up on time, organizing, taking inventory, cleaning, and communicating with co-workers.

It was a pleasure to work with fellow students and management. They were very understanding that I was a student and were willing to work around my schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I had the chance to experience numerous different jobs and opportunities.
The University of Arizona is a wonderful place to work
Senior Graduate Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
The pay is not the highest but the benefits are outstanding. The environment is very friendly and accommodating to home life which makes your work life even better. Everyone once in a while you come across a grumpy business manager that you might have to deal with but overall the employees here are very friendly and great to work with.
Pros
great health benifits, tuition reduction, childcare voucher program
Cons
lower pay compaired to other places
Fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2015
We have a great team and it makes me feel like i am creating something new which is of course true. I like it here and enjoy working for the university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4