University of Arizona Employee Reviews

Biomedical Communications Career
Medical Photographer (Former Employee) –  College of Medicine, University of ArizonaMarch 20, 2016
Biomedical Communications is a department at the University of Arizona's College of Medicine. It was my profession of 16 years after College.

Most people will never know of this profession, as it is not in the mainstream compared to a: Doctor, Nurse, Fireman, Policeman, Lawyer or Politician, ...

We documented everything Medical and related. A staff of 50 people where in the department and there where 15 photographers in the Photography section. Our work is published in textbooks for Medical Students and documented in scientific journals around the world.

It has been my pleasure to work with some of the World's best pioneers of medicine for the good of mankind.!

My position was cut by the short sited politicians of the State of Arizona budgeting that did not understand our Profession.

With a heavy heart I took an early retirement.
Pros
Rewarding Career
Cons
State Cuts
Recommend it
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85721March 11, 2016
It was a fun job that provided many useful skills for future employment. It provided a basic foundation of skills that I will need in the future, such as, customer service, telephone communication, etc.
Energetic with much attention to detail
Strength and Conditioning Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2016
Great weather to be able to function and work to your greatest potential as a coach and teacher. Learned a lot from each person about everything in the field.
Conducting research at the University
Associate Research Professor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 29, 2016
I worked with federal agencies to advance our understanding of interactions between climate change and societies in the past through modeling climate variability in tree-ring proxies.

Being a Principal Investigator is labor of love and passion, since it is a immense amount of work and stress. The University of Arizona management efficiently supported my research-related development and promptly administrated incoming grants. Overall, I had great honor and joy working for the University.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent collaborative network
Cons
Budgets cuts
Challenging but rewarding learning experience
Masters student (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I am pursuing a Masters degree in Geosciences at the University of Arizona. This is a great place to work and study. Compensation and salary is reasonable for a student but not sustainable. It is a very challenging and rewarding place to study, we do research all around the world and have some of the best resources available including some of the top scientists in the world as advisors and professors. The students here are very friendly and provide a positively competitive experience. It is very demanding at times but overall the high expectations of my performance as a student is very helpful in developing the skills that will help me become a great professional.
Nice long term work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2016
If you are loyal to an organization, U of A is perfect for you. The university offers long term perks like retirement and education assistance.
Pros
great group of co-workers
Cons
pay lower than expected
It's a good place to work
Course Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 7, 2016
I truly enjoy working with the students and professors at the U of A. It's really a great place to work as well as learn. My coworkers are both hard working as well as fun to work with.
Pros
fun place
Cons
tough
Good university and good climate
Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Nice university with many talent professors. The ECE department is very nice. You can do some cut-edging technology here.
Awesome Job
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working for my University's athletic department creating postcards, flyers, icons, etc. I enjoyed each and every project given to me.
Relaxing with slow pace
Lab Manager& Research assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 29, 2016
Quiet and cheap place.
Working pace is slow.
Faculty/people around you are nice!
Lack of some research devices.
Research projects are not many considering the size of the university.
Pros
Low living costs
Cons
Low salary

Want to know more about University of Arizona?

Ask a question
Great Place to work
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2016
The time I spent at the University of Arizona was great. Co-workers were easy to work with and I enjoyed to Atmosphere. Management was great.
Personal Development
Club Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2016
These are clubs and organizations that I have become involved with during my time at the University of Arizona. Theta Tau has helped me network with engineers and focuss on my studies. Alpha Kappa Psi has helped me develop professionaly, draft an exceptional resume, and improve my communication skills. Together, I have become an inspired student adept in many fields.
Great environment to work
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Nice atmosphere, great teachers and students. Good classroom setting. Friendly people in office. The town of Tucson has a wonderful weather and nice places to visit, eat, and study.
Great job
Program Coordinator- Clerkship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaDecember 29, 2015
Great job with lots of responsibility. Worked with third year medical school students. It was a great environment and a lot of student interaction.
Professional learning enviornment. I was treated with dignity.
Teaching Labs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meinel buildingDecember 29, 2015
I was allowed room to grow and learn new things every day. I also learned much from students, professors and staff. All were kind and helpful.
A Growing Community for bio medical technologies
Research Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 18, 2015
The university of Arizona is a community for innovative bio medical technology. Science in this institution is very collaborative.
Pros
Great community for Science
Cons
Funding
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
It's a very good place to work in, interacting with the teachers and students in a learning environment.
It's less than half time but a good job to learn about teaching and what it takes to give a good class and have the students' attention.
Great job
Parking & Transportation Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be processing tickets from customers, being on the computer, or listening to music. We got to be on our phones or watch Netflix in our spare time so it was really nice. My
co-workers were students as well as I was. It was a work-study position.
Horrible management
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Main campusDecember 13, 2015
I loved working at the U of A and meeting so many wonderful students from all walks of life. The job itself was very easy and most co-workers were very friendly.
Management was terrible & even though you ask for feedback and they gave you positive responses, you
can still be let go for no reason whatsoever. I loved my job & was good at it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
University of Arizona, where i learned to be a professional
Instructor of Record, Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2015
I love this place. Every place has it's faults, like not enough funding, or a few difficult people, but overall this is a lovely environment to be an instructor and foster creativity.

I learned to not be reactionary, and to develop a set of behaviors and skills that create and foster a positive work environment.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
adjunct: no health care, no a reliable source of income, not enough funding at the U of A school of art, tight budget

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4