University of Arizona

University of Arizona Employer Reviews

Graduate Student Life
Research Assistant/Graduate Student (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2013
I had a positive experience at the University of Arizona. The faculty are dedicated to their research and there is a friendly work environment.
love the university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2013
graduate study
famous and nice professors
learned lots of OR related technology
got excellent review for the thesis
Great research environment.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 1, 2013
Top notch research environment in multiple fields. As a student employee pay is livable and opportunity for learning is expansive. Classic university research environment with interdisciplinary projects and motivated faculty. If you can get a job in a lab as a student, do not hesitate to take the position. Your education will be dramatically strengthened.
The NSF GK-12 Fellowship has broadened my horizon.
NSF GK-12 Fellow (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 2, 2013
Participating in the NSF GK-12 Fellowship has given me the opportunity to reach out to a diverse group of middle school students and encourage them to study in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. I have thoroughly enjoyed participating in this program.

Because of this program, I have had the opportunity to work in two school – more... districts in the Tucson area where I have been able to give students an idea of what they have to look forward to at the university level.

Participation in this fellowship has taught me to articulate and explain scientific concepts to those who may not have a scientific background. This part of the experience has been invaluable and I am sure it will be a tremendous asset in the future. – less
A fun,learning environment with people from all parts of the world.
Instrument Maker (Former Employee), aerospace and mechanical engineering department.January 18, 2013
Pros: equipment use for projects, new equipment, money, vacations, health insurance, retirement benefits.
Cons: moving old buildings and all things to new buildings.sometimes late hours at semester endings
Never a dull moment;students and faculty and other employees, always busy working with them to help graduate engineers.I learned what it was like where they came from and how to help students be mechanical and aerospace engineers.
Management seemed to change regularly.Many new ideas to improve programs,teaching aides and maintenance.
Co-workers came – more... and went.Many were students that graduated.Some regular employees retired.Some went to other departments.The hardest part was accruing more vacation time.Vacation time is really important time for families.The most enjoyable things were a happy student graduating to a good job and seeing team work being done to get projects done on time to do this. – less
Great place to learn new things.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), University of Arizona, TucsonJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: new learning experience, flexible working hours.
As a java developer I am working on developing a software called "charaparser" for semantically parsing biological documents. It uses unsupervised machine learning algorithms which improves the accuracy of the software over time. I was lucky to work under a great mentor who opened a new areas of learning to me. Working here made me a good team player – more... and taught me how to bring out the synergy in the group. – less
Learn many things about the academic side of the medical field
Student Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2013
I learned how to deal with customers on the phone and many other secretary jobs, such as, making copies handling computer softwares, and dealing with that one annoying guy, But it was a great learning experience and a wonderful working environment.
Working for the University of Arizona was a wonderful opportunity with great supervisors and coworkers.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 7, 2013
University of Arizona offered me a position that provided wonderful opportunities during my studies there.
Not good
cold caller (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2012
Just a basic job while your in school. There was nothing going for this job.
Cats Acadmeics
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 13, 2012
I learned to complete many task and a short period.I learned how to work with different softwares such as powerpoint and microsoft.
Creative and Management Role
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2012
• Assists faculty member with classroom instructions, exam proctoring, and grading.
• Mentor the students during office hours.
My particular department was a disaster
IT Manager - UApresents (Former Employee), UApresentsOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance. good benefits.
Cons: management that was so poor it was absurd.
While initially supportive, there was no performance review at the end of the first year. At the end of the second year, my contract was not renewed. (I had been working in the field for 11 years prior to joining the university staff, with consistent positive performance reviews and significant pay increases.)

I would NEVER recommend working for the – more... specific department I was in. The management of the department was horrific and incompetent. – less
great place to be
New Student Orientation (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2012
would love to work for u of a again as a professional (not a student employee)
Great school with many research opportunities.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2012
Challenging but rewarding coursework and many research opportunities for undergraduates
Excellent learning experience with knowledgable faculty
Student Worker at Teaching Greenhouse (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2012
Great learning experience growing tomatoes (TOV, Cherry, Beef), cucumbers, and bell peppers. Faculty is always around to answer questions.
excellent school with great professors and students
Graduate Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2012
It was a genuine delight to study that which interested me most, the Spanish language and chiefly, the literature. The diversity of students from all 50 states and many other countries and cultures made this experience valuable and memorable.
Nice place to learn and dive into systems programming
Research Assistant - (Current Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 3, 2012
Typical day includes going to class, attending research meetings and working on projects.
university labs
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 17, 2012
beginning of my laboratory experience. great facilities on campus offer opportunity to learn how to work in a laboratory. environmental projects were interesting.
Productive and fun place to work , meet lots of differnt people everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: tuition low, felixable hours
Cons: short breaks
register new and returning students, provide transcritps, management always encouraging, motiavting, fun to be around. what i learned, how a University life style is and what is expected of the students. co workers were very helpful to teach others new things
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant of Honors Dorm (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: culture, free food, free housing
Cons: short-lived
I was able to truly emmerse myself into college through being a Resident Assistant at the UofA. I was able to recruit candidates into the University, help them with problems/issues, be it personal or educational, and I was able to grow lasting friendships with my managers, co-workers, and residents.