University of Arkansas - Fort Smith Employee Reviews

Good University
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 5, 2015
The University of Arkansas Fort Smith is a good University. Student-focused and very talented faculty. I would recommend this university to anyone.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 30, 2015
I have held two positions now at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. First, was my tutoring position, where the management of tutors and students was great, days were short, and as a student tutor, the pay was a good boost to my scholarships. My fellow tutors were willing to work beside me if a student needed additional help that I could not provide, i.e. not a subject that I was strong in, or just a very hard question. My second position at the university, I was an Adjunct Professor. Once again, my department head was helpful and very understanding. While I was merely and Adjunct Professor, I was never looked down upon by my fellow professors, nor was I derided for something that I did not quite understand. I must simply bear in mind that the university has many departments, some better or worse than others, but I like to think that I worked in the two better departments.
Pros
Lunch discounts.
Cons
Occasional scheduling mishaps
Student -Worker
o Student Worker - APRO Department (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 19, 2014
this was a learning experience, to finish my Associates Degree I was a student worker for the APRO Department At the University of Arkansas Fort Smith, in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 28, 2012
I assist in the office and give tours to prospective students. Great work environment.
It depends
Reproduction Equipment Opertator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 17, 2012
UAFS is in a period of growth and changing out the old guard. A lot of people in power (throughout the town) seem to be fighting growth and would like to see this remain a small town. Every inch of progress is hard fought, but the university and town do seem to be improving. There are wonderful people all throughout the faculty and staff, but there's a definite incestuous network of good old boys and nepotism/favoritism at play just beneath the surface. How you're treated depends quite a bit on where you are, in which department, and who you know.

4.5