University of Arkansas at Little Rock

University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employer Reviews

Life at the Lab
Interning Technical Writer at VCC (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great pay for the job.
Cons: sometimes we had to deal with students who were too loud, who disturbed other students.
The job was simple and easy. My duties were to tutor students, oversee the lab, and help with computer/printer problems. I also installed software and performed computer maintenance. We had over 30 computers in a 30 by 30 foot room. The furnishings were above average. It was a nice place to work and study.
Best school in Arkansas
student (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2014
Very good school, excellent professors, and enjoyable student life.
Part-time Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2014
Pros: fulfillling job
Cons: was only part-time
Teaching is a passion, as well as motivating and leading through goal setting. I believe in education and volunteer with the Public School system to inform middle school students of scholastic opportunities so those who might not consider college know their options.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: inadequate salary
Flexible schedule, Management was good. Easy work, and we had potlucks on some Fridays.
Productive and very nice place to work at.
Teaching and research assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2014
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers both a traditional and online college education. Academic scholarships and financial aid are available to help cover school tuition fees. With more than 100 degrees and 60-plus graduate programs, UALR allows students to earn a diploma in several fields: the arts, science, nursing, criminal justice, accounting, – more... engineering, education, and psychology. – less
Laid back, easy going, but stagnant
Skilled tradesman (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: no chance for advancement or pay increase
I enjoy working at UALR. The people are great, the benefits are phenomenal, but you get pigeon holed and stuck wherever you land. The pay scale is stuck where it's at from the time you employee in until you quit or retire.
Lots of changes
Academic Adviser (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work included working with many students in setting up their academic schedules and making sure the student is on course for graduation. This position allowed me to increase my office skills, communication, and team work skills. This job allowed me full access to work with management and administration in many capacities. The hardest – more... part of the job was figuring out a system to incorporate for organization due to the prior employee deleting all files. Overall, this job allowed me to grow and be a better professional. The best part of the job was the interaction with the student and helping guide the student on the right path. – less
A great environment to learn proper laboratory techniques and equipment use as well as preparing various media.
Biology Lab Coordinator Assistant (work-study) (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2014
As a lab coordinator assistant I was responsible for ensuring the students had a proper laboratory environment to work and learn in. This entailed creating media, keeping inventory of chemicals in the lab (using Excel), sterilization using an autoclave, and maintaining a clean safe environment for the instructors and students.
Family business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 2, 2014
Pros: this job is only if you love meeting new people
Cons: poor management.
Worked with customers to determine individual needs, directing them to appropriate product
Handled customers’ financial transactions precisely
Accurately maintained and balanced cash drawer, daily
Maintained and arranged product merchandise, setting up promotional materials and displays
Provided professional, prompt and courteous service to customers – more... and vendors – less
Education discount
Public Safety Dispatcher/Relief Officer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: promotions and advancement is slow
Better benefits than private company's and education discount and holiday pay is a pluse.
Creative Place to work with a diverse culture.
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM AND EDUCATION INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work would include emailing, running errands around campus, and creative brainstorming for upcoming health events. I learned how to successfully run a health program. The Management was great, extremely helpful. The environment was the best part of the job, it is a bright place.
Computer lab designed to help students succeed
Intern at the Communication Skill Center (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2014
The Communication Skill Center (CSC) is the hub of the Communication Department at UALR. A typical day at work started with checking in with the Graduate Assistant, and the intern leaving their shift. I would catch up on what needed to be done and if any new presentations were expected that day. As students sought help in the CSC I entered their information – more... into a client database and assessed their needs. If they needed help with an assignment, I would work with them. Many times I had to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.

My coworkers consisted of my Graduate Assistant, and sometimes another intern. The GAs are more hands off so that the interns get the most experience. The majority of the time, I managed the CSC alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many students. It is a wonderful thing to experience someone comprehending new information. Also, giving speeches is terrifying for most people, and we get the opportunity to help them conquer a major fear. When a student comes in after a speech and says, "I did it! Thank you for helping!" it just makes my day. The hardest part of the job was also working with so many students. As with most things, working with students is a double edged sword. Sometimes the students were too scared, or had a difficult time with the information. Cementing a new idea into somebody else's head can be quite difficult. However, the challenge is worth it as we both grow in the process. The best way to learn something is to have to teach it. As a result, I was able to learn communication concepts in a deeper way when working with students. – less
Laid back work enviornment great for students
Fitness Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2014
Great job to have while in school. Assist customers with gym passes, memberships, and lockers.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned a lot and my educational and professional growth have enhanced.
Productive, and friendly work environment
Entertainment Executive Chair (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: extremely time consuming
As Executive chair for Campus Life, I don't have "typical" work days. My days range from putting up marketing flyers for events, to talking to the agents of performers we want to bring to campus. I have days that are known as event days, in which I prep the environment for the performer, wait on the performer hand and foot all over campus, introduce – more... them at the event, and then assist in any cleanup after the event. The most important thing I have learned since having this job, is that it's about what the people want, not what you want. Your marketing strategies have to be targeted at the people, the performer has to be something the people want, and will potentially like. My coworkers are fabulous, and I know I can always count on them if I need assistance with anything. The hardest part of the job, is not being too dominate. I have a strong sense of leadership, that sometimes can come across a little forced, when in fact I am only trying to be persistent. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with people. I get to meet the needs of the people in my council, and the people all over campus, by providing top performances, and entertainers. – less
fun workplace
Primary Education and Enrichment Advocate (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
Pros: children
Cons: low pay
I love my coworkers and the children. The management could have been better and organized
Innovative, fun, and relaxed work place.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT HOUSING LIAISON (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: i work very close to home and to campus. also, my co-workers are wonderful, helpful people.
Cons: sometimes it can get very slow in the office, so i try to find little projects to keep myself busy.
At the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR), I work with campus housing to make sure international students adapt to the university culture. I am able to assist them to different social activities within and around the campus, Little Rock and Arkansas. I provide them with resource material that help them academically; such as working with the – more... speech communications center and writing center. I work with a Hall Director and Resident Assistants to provide fun programs and informational sessions to our residents.
The worst part of my job is at the end of each semester having to say good luck to students moving forward with their future. The best part; the memories and experiences we have shared together. – less
Nice place for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2014
very good University, learned a lot of new things and work friendly environment.
Very supportive of adjunct instructors.
Graduate Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 20, 2013
Though an adjunct, the writing department is very supportive and is always there to help the adjuncts.
Good Place to work
CPR AND FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2013
Lots of fun and everyone is so nice. I enjoyed working there!