University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work for free tuition
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2016
I got a job at UALR so that I could take classes. I did just that and finished my degree. However, it was not a place that I could see myself grow. Staff there was hard to work with and was not as friendly as other places I worked with. The pay was really low for the responsibilities I had.
Pleasant and professional
OFFICE ASSISTANT/ TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 8, 2016
I met a lot of perspective students which was a joy. They all had different talents. I was also able to meet a lot of staff members at the university that taught me a lot about professionalism.
Loved the two week winter vacation!!
Fiscal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2015
This is a place that new things are experienced at any given time. You will either have the best manager that only wants to service the students in order to make their journey as carefree as possible or you are stuff with the supervisor that might any knowledge of the job but somehow they made it to supervisor. I enjoyed the students and most of the employees this is can be a fun and exciting place to work and at times very rewarding.
Worst company/university to work for or go to school. Do NOT go to UALR!!
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2015
Horrible place to work and worst place to get an education. The upper administration has no idea what is going on with the faculty or staff and really doesn't care. All this place cares about is the almighty dollar regardless of your skill level and particularly if you are a student. All employees are "at will" which means they can be let go when UALR wants to let you go but they classify you as "classified" and make you think you can't be let go. Worked there for 5 years and NEVER got a raise!! No job security, no direction for this university. IT IS TRULY A HORRIBLE UNIVERSITY!! GO somewhere else/ANYWHERE ELSE for your education!!!
Pros
Biology, Chemistry, Physics faculty is good.
Cons
Upper Administration, Price, location, total lack of caring, horrible food
I work honestly
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 11, 2015
i GO TO WORK TO DO AN HONEST DAYS WORK.
It is not complicated, I don't have anything to complain about.
I first experienced libraries as a medical librarian, University of Colorado, UCHSc; Oregon Health Sciences University OHSU
University of South Carolina (Library Intern) Bookstores...Record keeping...ect.
Pros
I enjoy libraries
Cons
no private parking space
University of Arkansas at Little Rock provides a progressive view on education
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2015
Working as a research assistant in a lab provides a lot of freedom t research several topics and experiment , UALR provides the means to make sure we carry our research in an advanced manner.
Very Fun and Flexible
Department of Intramural Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 29, 2015
Great for having the flexibility to obtain a degree and work at the same time. Management empowers workers to obtain education while working. Fun and exciting campus environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules, Great For Current Students
Cons
Wages
Higher Education, great involvement
Assistant Manager Budget/Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2015
I have worked for the University for over 19 years, We have great benefits. Great atmosphere, wonderful peers, student involvement.
Pros
Great benefits
Operating the front office in the student center of the College
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2015
As the secretary I was required to answer the phones, schedule appointments, plan events, operate the payroll clock, file papers, and greet customers.
LOBBY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2015
A typical day at work is usually quiet and slow. The hardest part of my job would have to be working overnights when I haven't gotten any rest. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with the residents that I live with.
Micromanagement
Institutional Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2014
Well, a typical day consisted of signing in. Speak to everyone in the department area and speak to my supervisor on the task for the day. Then delegate who should do the type of work. Non smoking campus and everybody smoked. The hardest part of my job was taking orders when everyone else did nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alone and completing a task.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay and no promotions even with a college degree
Life at the Lab
Interning Technical Writer at VCC (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
The job was simple and easy. My duties were to tutor students, oversee the lab, and help with computer/printer problems. I also installed software and performed computer maintenance. We had over 30 computers in a 30 by 30 foot room. The furnishings were above average. It was a nice place to work and study.
Pros
great pay for the job.
Cons
sometimes we had to deal with students who were too loud, who disturbed other students.
good days
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2015
Everyday was an adventure. I love this place and everything it stands for. I would highly recommend anyone to get involved with this program.
Pros
field trips
Cons
leaving the program
Productive work place
Program Planner (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2015
I promote personal health and education and I am a peer educator. We host a numerous amount of events. some are interacting with our peer on campus to discuss any topic of their liking.
Productive and very nice place to work at.
Teaching and research assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2014
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers both a traditional and online college education. Academic scholarships and financial aid are available to help cover school tuition fees. With more than 100 degrees and 60-plus graduate programs, UALR allows students to earn a diploma in several fields: the arts, science, nursing, criminal justice, accounting, engineering, education, and psychology.
Lots of changes
Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work included working with many students in setting up their academic schedules and making sure the student is on course for graduation. This position allowed me to increase my office skills, communication, and team work skills. This job allowed me full access to work with management and administration in many capacities. The hardest part of the job was figuring out a system to incorporate for organization due to the prior employee deleting all files. Overall, this job allowed me to grow and be a better professional. The best part of the job was the interaction with the student and helping guide the student on the right path.
A great environment to learn proper laboratory techniques and equipment use as well as preparing various media.
Biology Lab Coordinator Assistant (work-study) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2014
As a lab coordinator assistant I was responsible for ensuring the students had a proper laboratory environment to work and learn in. This entailed creating media, keeping inventory of chemicals in the lab (using Excel), sterilization using an autoclave, and maintaining a clean safe environment for the instructors and students.
Family business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 2, 2014
Worked with customers to determine individual needs, directing them to appropriate product
Handled customers’ financial transactions precisely
Accurately maintained and balanced cash drawer, daily
Maintained and arranged product merchandise, setting up promotional materials and displays
Provided professional, prompt and courteous service to customers and vendors
Pros
this job is only if you love meeting new people
Cons
poor management.
Interesting
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2013
Working as an academic advisor always presented interesting challenges.

My primary duty was to work one-on-one with students to plan courses to take each semester and map out future semesters. When I wasn't advising, I worked with the other advisors to educate other departments on best advising practices, coordinated with professors to better prepare their students for college, and worked diligently to promote our department to the greater campus community. (While the budget cuts got my position, our work was able to save the department.)
It was an amazing job where I learned so much!
Spanish tutor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day of work was to reach my goal which was to use my skills and teach UALR students the Spanish language. I learned so much from the students, not because I know that subject means that know it all, I learned from students too. The management was easy because I loved my job. I had a good relationship with my co-workers because we used to work as a team when it was necessary. There wasnt a hard part of the job for me, but there were struggles sometimes which I had to solve questions and basic things from the subject. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say that it was everything especially see my students smile and suceed.
Pros
see my students happy
Cons
the schedules of the students were different, so i had to work even late at night.

4.3