University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Good
Computer Lab Assistant/Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, and helping the students who came in to do testing, and use the computer lab. My manager was fair and friendly, and a pleasure to work for.
Pros
very relaxed atmosphere
Good Job
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2017
A good place to get trained and work as a fitness instructor. I love fitness so much the manager let me trained for a year and now I am an employee there. I love my job.
Review
Office Manager for Green Dot Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 15, 2017
I assisted with office project.
Coordinated events and training for faculty and student awareness about the Green Dot Program.
Management a team.
Great work culture
I enjoyed my job
Summary
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
Although I did not work for the University for very long, I did learn very much during my time there. I had such incredible bosses that worked well with my schedule, always strived to ensure that I was doing well at school and at work as well, and whom were very caring. The management that I worked under was a blessing due to their nature and kindness. The workplace culture was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the University. The most difficult part of the job was having to learn how to use some of the technology that was in my job description, but thankfully, I had wonderful coworkers who always went the extra mile to help. The most enjoyable part of this job was being surrounded by such positive people who were always willing to help others.
Pros
The school worked very well around my schedule.
Cons
I was unable to work long hours due to school.
Worked long hours
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
On average we worked ten to twelve hours a day. I worked for an supervisor that never appreciated the work that we did. We never did anything right in his eyes.
Awesome company
UALR Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2017
UALR campus life was great because you learned a lot there, and the students were so friendly, and nice also. I liked it because I could get a good quality education with great people.
Pros
Students
Cons
Some course work
Great location and environment, as a student as well as a teacher.
Adjunct Instructor of Drawing and Design (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 23, 2017
Really enjoyed the instructors I worked with. Some were my teachers while I was a student. Very professional from that transition. The only reason I left because it was difficult to commute from Arkadelphia and Little Rock.
good place
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 21, 2017
Worked in the dorm. It was oaky. The hours was long but very slow. I loved the employees and the residents was great and fun. they also had a lot of events.
Great!
Pinnacle Pointe Hospital Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2017
Loved working here. They really care about their employees and invest time, energy, and resources into helping them achieve their potential. My boss was really terrific during this time as well.
Mostly commuter school with more mature students
Machine Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2017
Most students commute and are older than traditional students. Most students work at least part time which gives the campus a more mature and serious environment.
Friendly, diverse environment.
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2017
While colleagues are often found to be fun, cooperative, and engaging; first line management can be opposite.Typical work day includes file management and client one-on-ones.
Great learning experience - teaching at my alma mater.
Lecturer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
Teaching night classes (and some Saturday morning classes) at the university where I had recently graduated was very rewarding. Since I already knew the faculty, staff and administrative personnel at the school, I easily adapted to this new role.
Pros
Working with/for people I already knew.
Cons
Having to teach some Saturday morning classes.
Workplace Culture
Director-Campus Custodial Services (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2017
I currently work in the Facilities Management Department on a University Campus. My staff makes sure all areas of the University are cleaned and maintained according to University Guidelines, there are daily concerns/complaints.
Pros
Tuition Discount, Employee Appreciation
Cons
Morale of department
The best starter career
Associate Director of Extended Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2017
I was fortunate enough to have been directed by my mentors into a career at the University during my Master studies. It is still one of the most detailed, passionate, and curious group I have ever worked for. There are not enough words to describe my 11 years there.
productive
DONAGHEY STUDENT CENTER -RECREATIONAL ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2017
very productive, great environment. i enjoyed the working experience i had there, fast speed always kept me busy. Never had a problem with anyone. Great working characters
Love it!
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2017
I enjoy teaching. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a wonderful school and a great place to work. I graduated with my BSN from UALR and knew that I wanted to work here!
great place to work
Editor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work. Very family oriented. People are friendly. Flexible management and very open to new ideas. Lots of different positions to choose from.
no tuition
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2017
Working at UALR as a graduate assistant is good for for your tuition because if you are working as a full-time graduate assistant, you do not have to pay your tuition.
Great Benefits and time off
Windows\Unix\Linux Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2017
I would say that they aren't up-to-date on all technology. Don't learn anything new very often. Very little new training. Budget was cut by the AR State Legislature, so that has effected our office. The benefits and time off are great though.
Pros
Benefits and time off
Cons
can be not secure at time. I was laid off.
Its good
Student Computer Support Specialist, September (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2016
Its the best place to work. I learn a lot of things mainly about hardware and software issues in computers. I learnt how to work in team and how to deal with customer.