University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

Great!
Pinnacle Pointe Hospital Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2017
Loved working here. They really care about their employees and invest time, energy, and resources into helping them achieve their potential. My boss was really terrific during this time as well.
Mostly commuter school with more mature students
Machine Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2017
Most students commute and are older than traditional students. Most students work at least part time which gives the campus a more mature and serious environment.
Friendly, diverse environment.
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2017
While colleagues are often found to be fun, cooperative, and engaging; first line management can be opposite.Typical work day includes file management and client one-on-ones.
Great learning experience - teaching at my alma mater.
Lecturer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 25, 2017
Teaching night classes (and some Saturday morning classes) at the university where I had recently graduated was very rewarding. Since I already knew the faculty, staff and administrative personnel at the school, I easily adapted to this new role.
Pros
Working with/for people I already knew.
Cons
Having to teach some Saturday morning classes.
Workplace Culture
Director-Campus Custodial Services (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2017
I currently work in the Facilities Management Department on a University Campus. My staff makes sure all areas of the University are cleaned and maintained according to University Guidelines, there are daily concerns/complaints.
Pros
Tuition Discount, Employee Appreciation
Cons
Morale of department
The best starter career
Associate Director of Extended Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2017
I was fortunate enough to have been directed by my mentors into a career at the University during my Master studies. It is still one of the most detailed, passionate, and curious group I have ever worked for. There are not enough words to describe my 11 years there.
productive
DONAGHEY STUDENT CENTER -RECREATIONAL ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 20, 2017
very productive, great environment. i enjoyed the working experience i had there, fast speed always kept me busy. Never had a problem with anyone. Great working characters
Love it!
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2017
I enjoy teaching. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a wonderful school and a great place to work. I graduated with my BSN from UALR and knew that I wanted to work here!
great place to work
Editor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work. Very family oriented. People are friendly. Flexible management and very open to new ideas. Lots of different positions to choose from.
no tuition
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2017
Working at UALR as a graduate assistant is good for for your tuition because if you are working as a full-time graduate assistant, you do not have to pay your tuition.
Great Benefits and time off
Windows\Unix\Linux Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2017
I would say that they aren't up-to-date on all technology. Don't learn anything new very often. Very little new training. Budget was cut by the AR State Legislature, so that has effected our office. The benefits and time off are great though.
Pros
Benefits and time off
Cons
can be not secure at time. I was laid off.
Its good
Student Computer Support Specialist, September (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 18, 2016
Its the best place to work. I learn a lot of things mainly about hardware and software issues in computers. I learnt how to work in team and how to deal with customer.
good place to work
Assistant Professor in Statistics (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2016
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is one of the best university in Little Rock. School management is not as good as tie-1 universities.
Supportive work atmosphere
Institutional Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross Hall: The Link, 5 & 6 floorsOctober 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are apart of something bigger than yourself and your position is just as important as that of the chancellor.
Pros
Educational opportunies are endless
Cons
PROFESSIONAL Ethics
Good job security, but poor compensation and management
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2016
Typical state job, secure, but little else. Would've liked better management, and better compensation, but again, it was a secure job with low stress.
Pros
Low job stress
Cons
poor management
Great place to work for free tuition
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 20, 2016
I got a job at UALR so that I could take classes. I did just that and finished my degree. However, it was not a place that I could see myself grow. Staff there was hard to work with and was not as friendly as other places I worked with. The pay was really low for the responsibilities I had.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2016
Relaxing job, but running errands is the norm. Also answering phones, assisting the chair of the department and the administrative assistant, assisting students/ faculties/staff, making copies/scanning/faxing/emailing, making event programs, sorting mail, and promoting events.
Pleasant and professional
OFFICE ASSISTANT/ TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 8, 2016
I met a lot of perspective students which was a joy. They all had different talents. I was also able to meet a lot of staff members at the university that taught me a lot about professionalism.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock provides a progressive view on education
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2015
Working as a research assistant in a lab provides a lot of freedom t research several topics and experiment , UALR provides the means to make sure we carry our research in an advanced manner.
Loved the two week winter vacation!!
Fiscal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2015
This is a place that new things are experienced at any given time. You will either have the best manager that only wants to service the students in order to make their journey as carefree as possible or you are stuff with the supervisor that might any knowledge of the job but somehow they made it to supervisor. I enjoyed the students and most of the employees this is can be a fun and exciting place to work and at times very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3