University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews in United States

Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2016
Relaxing job, but running errands is the norm. Also answering phones, assisting the chair of the department and the administrative assistant, assisting students/ faculties/staff, making copies/scanning/faxing/emailing, making event programs, sorting mail, and promoting events.
Pleasant and professional
OFFICE ASSISTANT/ TOUR GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 8, 2016
I met a lot of perspective students which was a joy. They all had different talents. I was also able to meet a lot of staff members at the university that taught me a lot about professionalism.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock provides a progressive view on education
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2015
Working as a research assistant in a lab provides a lot of freedom t research several topics and experiment , UALR provides the means to make sure we carry our research in an advanced manner.
Loved the two week winter vacation!!
Fiscal Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2015
This is a place that new things are experienced at any given time. You will either have the best manager that only wants to service the students in order to make their journey as carefree as possible or you are stuff with the supervisor that might any knowledge of the job but somehow they made it to supervisor. I enjoyed the students and most of the employees this is can be a fun and exciting place to work and at times very rewarding.
Very Fun and Flexible
Department of Intramural Programs (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 29, 2015
Great for having the flexibility to obtain a degree and work at the same time. Management empowers workers to obtain education while working. Fun and exciting campus environment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules, Great For Current Students
Cons
Wages
Worst company/university to work for or go to school. Do NOT go to UALR!!
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2015
Horrible place to work and worst place to get an education. The upper administration has no idea what is going on with the faculty or staff and really doesn't care. All this place cares about is the almighty dollar regardless of your skill level and particularly if you are a student. All employees are "at will" which means they can be let go when UALR wants to let you go but they classify you as "classified" and make you think you can't be let go. Worked there for 5 years and NEVER got a raise!! No job security, no direction for this university. IT IS TRULY A HORRIBLE UNIVERSITY!! GO somewhere else/ANYWHERE ELSE for your education!!!
Pros
Biology, Chemistry, Physics faculty is good.
Cons
Upper Administration, Price, location, total lack of caring, horrible food
I work honestly
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 11, 2015
i GO TO WORK TO DO AN HONEST DAYS WORK.
It is not complicated, I don't have anything to complain about.
I first experienced libraries as a medical librarian, University of Colorado, UCHSc; Oregon Health Sciences University OHSU
University of South Carolina (Library Intern) Bookstores...Record keeping...ect.
Pros
I enjoy libraries
Cons
no private parking space
Higher Education, great involvement
Assistant Manager Budget/Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 21, 2015
I have worked for the University for over 19 years, We have great benefits. Great atmosphere, wonderful peers, student involvement.
Pros
Great benefits
Operating the front office in the student center of the College
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2015
As the secretary I was required to answer the phones, schedule appointments, plan events, operate the payroll clock, file papers, and greet customers.
good days
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2015
Everyday was an adventure. I love this place and everything it stands for. I would highly recommend anyone to get involved with this program.
Pros
field trips
Cons
leaving the program
Productive work place
Program Planner (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2015
I promote personal health and education and I am a peer educator. We host a numerous amount of events. some are interacting with our peer on campus to discuss any topic of their liking.
LOBBY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2015
A typical day at work is usually quiet and slow. The hardest part of my job would have to be working overnights when I haven't gotten any rest. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with the residents that I live with.
Student
Collegiate Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2015
I enjoyed attending UALR. The staff took time to help students succeed. The classes were small and the teachers knew mostly every student by name.
Pros
Small classes
Cons
Parking
Micromanagement
Institutional Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2014
Well, a typical day consisted of signing in. Speak to everyone in the department area and speak to my supervisor on the task for the day. Then delegate who should do the type of work. Non smoking campus and everybody smoked. The hardest part of my job was taking orders when everyone else did nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alone and completing a task.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay and no promotions even with a college degree
Life at the Lab
Interning Technical Writer at VCC (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
The job was simple and easy. My duties were to tutor students, oversee the lab, and help with computer/printer problems. I also installed software and performed computer maintenance. We had over 30 computers in a 30 by 30 foot room. The furnishings were above average. It was a nice place to work and study.
Pros
great pay for the job.
Cons
sometimes we had to deal with students who were too loud, who disturbed other students.
Best school in Arkansas
student (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2014
Very good school, excellent professors, and enjoyable student life.
Part-time Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2014
Teaching is a passion, as well as motivating and leading through goal setting. I believe in education and volunteer with the Public School system to inform middle school students of scholastic opportunities so those who might not consider college know their options.
Pros
fulfillling job
Cons
was only part-time
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2014
Flexible schedule, Management was good. Easy work, and we had potlucks on some Fridays.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
inadequate salary
Productive and very nice place to work at.
Teaching and research assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2014
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers both a traditional and online college education. Academic scholarships and financial aid are available to help cover school tuition fees. With more than 100 degrees and 60-plus graduate programs, UALR allows students to earn a diploma in several fields: the arts, science, nursing, criminal justice, accounting, engineering, education, and psychology.
Laid back, easy going, but stagnant
Skilled tradesman (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working at UALR. The people are great, the benefits are phenomenal, but you get pigeon holed and stuck wherever you land. The pay scale is stuck where it's at from the time you employee in until you quit or retire.
Pros
free education
Cons
no chance for advancement or pay increase

4.3