University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews in United States

A great environment to learn proper laboratory techniques and equipment use as well as preparing various media.
Biology Lab Coordinator Assistant (work-study) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2014
As a lab coordinator assistant I was responsible for ensuring the students had a proper laboratory environment to work and learn in. This entailed creating media, keeping inventory of chemicals in the lab (using Excel), sterilization using an autoclave, and maintaining a clean safe environment for the instructors and students.
Family business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 2, 2014
Worked with customers to determine individual needs, directing them to appropriate product
Handled customers’ financial transactions precisely
Accurately maintained and balanced cash drawer, daily
Maintained and arranged product merchandise, setting up promotional materials and displays
Provided professional, prompt and courteous service to customers and vendors
Pros
this job is only if you love meeting new people
Cons
poor management.
Education discount
Public Safety Dispatcher/Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2014
Better benefits than private company's and education discount and holiday pay is a pluse.
benefits
Cons
promotions and advancement is slow
Creative Place to work with a diverse culture.
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM AND EDUCATION INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work would include emailing, running errands around campus, and creative brainstorming for upcoming health events. I learned how to successfully run a health program. The Management was great, extremely helpful. The environment was the best part of the job, it is a bright place.
Computer lab designed to help students succeed
Intern at the Communication Skill Center (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2014
The Communication Skill Center (CSC) is the hub of the Communication Department at UALR. A typical day at work started with checking in with the Graduate Assistant, and the intern leaving their shift. I would catch up on what needed to be done and if any new presentations were expected that day. As students sought help in the CSC I entered their information into a client database and assessed their needs. If they needed help with an assignment, I would work with them. Many times I had to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.

My coworkers consisted of my Graduate Assistant, and sometimes another intern. The GAs are more hands off so that the interns get the most experience. The majority of the time, I managed the CSC alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many students. It is a wonderful thing to experience someone comprehending new information. Also, giving speeches is terrifying for most people, and we get the opportunity to help them conquer a major fear. When a student comes in after a speech and says, "I did it! Thank you for helping!" it just makes my day. The hardest part of the job was also working with so many students. As with most things, working with students is a double edged sword. Sometimes the students were too scared, or had a difficult time with the information. Cementing a new idea into somebody else's head can be quite difficult. However, the challenge is worth it as we both grow in the process. The best way to learn something is to have to teach it. As a result, I was able to learn communication concepts in a deeper way
  more... when working with students.  less
Laid back work enviornment great for students
Fitness Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2014
Great job to have while in school. Assist customers with gym passes, memberships, and lockers.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned a lot and my educational and professional growth have enhanced.
Productive, and friendly work environment
Entertainment Executive Chair (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
As Executive chair for Campus Life, I don't have "typical" work days. My days range from putting up marketing flyers for events, to talking to the agents of performers we want to bring to campus. I have days that are known as event days, in which I prep the environment for the performer, wait on the performer hand and foot all over campus, introduce them at the event, and then assist in any cleanup after the event. The most important thing I have learned since having this job, is that it's about what the people want, not what you want. Your marketing strategies have to be targeted at the people, the performer has to be something the people want, and will potentially like. My coworkers are fabulous, and I know I can always count on them if I need assistance with anything. The hardest part of the job, is not being too dominate. I have a strong sense of leadership, that sometimes can come across a little forced, when in fact I am only trying to be persistent. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with people. I get to meet the needs of the people in my council, and the people all over campus, by providing top performances, and entertainers.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
extremely time consuming
fun workplace
Primary Education and Enrichment Advocate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
I love my coworkers and the children. The management could have been better and organized
Pros
children
Cons
low pay
Innovative, fun, and relaxed work place.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT HOUSING LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 12, 2014
At the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR), I work with campus housing to make sure international students adapt to the university culture. I am able to assist them to different social activities within and around the campus, Little Rock and Arkansas. I provide them with resource material that help them academically; such as working with the speech communications center and writing center. I work with a Hall Director and Resident Assistants to provide fun programs and informational sessions to our residents.
The worst part of my job is at the end of each semester having to say good luck to students moving forward with their future. The best part; the memories and experiences we have shared together.
Pros
i work very close to home and to campus. also, my co-workers are wonderful, helpful people.
Cons
sometimes it can get very slow in the office, so i try to find little projects to keep myself busy.
Nice place for students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2014
very good University, learned a lot of new things and work friendly environment.
Very supportive of adjunct instructors.
Graduate Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 20, 2013
Though an adjunct, the writing department is very supportive and is always there to help the adjuncts.
Good Place to work
CPR AND FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2013
Lots of fun and everyone is so nice. I enjoyed working there!
Interesting
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 11, 2013
Working as an academic advisor always presented interesting challenges.

My primary duty was to work one-on-one with students to plan courses to take each semester and map out future semesters. When I wasn't advising, I worked with the other advisors to educate other departments on best advising practices, coordinated with professors to better prepare their students for college, and worked diligently to promote our department to the greater campus community. (While the budget cuts got my position, our work was able to save the department.)
Student Employer
Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2013
Work-Study Job for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Reception Services.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great for work study students
I-Care Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2013
Great job for students looking for an easy, flexible job. No student should have any issues comprehending tasks.
average school
-- (Former Employee) –  --April 18, 2013
average school with life and work balance; no hectic schedule and work or assignments
Pros
less stress on studies
Cons
average school
Challenging and orginized work place
Technician Support (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2013
In my job, I have to face various kind of places because the department that I work with is applied science. I deal with different laboratories like (physics, biology, chemistry). I have to support all machines inside these labs and be able to diagnoses their problems. In addition to the previous, I'm responsible on all department computers.
Great environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 2, 2013
Clean, social..laid back..helping customers
the boss was very helpful and understanding toward the workers within the center
It was an amazing job where I learned so much!
Spanish tutor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2013
A typical day of work was to reach my goal which was to use my skills and teach UALR students the Spanish language. I learned so much from the students, not because I know that subject means that know it all, I learned from students too. The management was easy because I loved my job. I had a good relationship with my co-workers because we used to work as a team when it was necessary. There wasnt a hard part of the job for me, but there were struggles sometimes which I had to solve questions and basic things from the subject. The most enjoyable part of the job I would say that it was everything especially see my students smile and suceed.
Pros
see my students happy
Cons
the schedules of the students were different, so i had to work even late at night.

4.3