University of Arkansas at Little Rock Employee Reviews

good days
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2015
Everyday was an adventure. I love this place and everything it stands for. I would highly recommend anyone to get involved with this program.
Pros
field trips
Cons
leaving the program
Productive work place
Program Planner (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2015
I promote personal health and education and I am a peer educator. We host a numerous amount of events. some are interacting with our peer on campus to discuss any topic of their liking.
LOBBY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2015
A typical day at work is usually quiet and slow. The hardest part of my job would have to be working overnights when I haven't gotten any rest. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with the residents that I live with.
Student
Collegiate Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2015
I enjoyed attending UALR. The staff took time to help students succeed. The classes were small and the teachers knew mostly every student by name.
Pros
Small classes
Cons
Parking
Micromanagement
Institutional Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2014
Well, a typical day consisted of signing in. Speak to everyone in the department area and speak to my supervisor on the task for the day. Then delegate who should do the type of work. Non smoking campus and everybody smoked. The hardest part of my job was taking orders when everyone else did nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job was working alone and completing a task.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Pay and no promotions even with a college degree
Life at the Lab
Interning Technical Writer at VCC (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
The job was simple and easy. My duties were to tutor students, oversee the lab, and help with computer/printer problems. I also installed software and performed computer maintenance. We had over 30 computers in a 30 by 30 foot room. The furnishings were above average. It was a nice place to work and study.
Pros
Great pay for the job.
Cons
Sometimes we had to deal with students who were too loud, who disturbed other students.
Best school in Arkansas
student (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2014
Very good school, excellent professors, and enjoyable student life.
Part-time Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 28, 2014
Teaching is a passion, as well as motivating and leading through goal setting. I believe in education and volunteer with the Public School system to inform middle school students of scholastic opportunities so those who might not consider college know their options.
Pros
Fulfillling job
Cons
Was only part-time
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2014
Flexible schedule, Management was good. Easy work, and we had potlucks on some Fridays.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Inadequate salary
Productive and very nice place to work at.
Teaching and research assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 2, 2014
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers both a traditional and online college education. Academic scholarships and financial aid are available to help cover school tuition fees. With more than 100 degrees and 60-plus graduate programs, UALR allows students to earn a diploma in several fields: the arts, science, nursing, criminal justice, accounting, engineering, education, and psychology.
Laid back, easy going, but stagnant
Skilled tradesman (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working at UALR. The people are great, the benefits are phenomenal, but you get pigeon holed and stuck wherever you land. The pay scale is stuck where it's at from the time you employee in until you quit or retire.
Pros
Free education
Cons
no chance for advancement or pay increase
Lots of changes
Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2014
A typical day at work included working with many students in setting up their academic schedules and making sure the student is on course for graduation. This position allowed me to increase my office skills, communication, and team work skills. This job allowed me full access to work with management and administration in many capacities. The hardest part of the job was figuring out a system to incorporate for organization due to the prior employee deleting all files. Overall, this job allowed me to grow and be a better professional. The best part of the job was the interaction with the student and helping guide the student on the right path.
A great environment to learn proper laboratory techniques and equipment use as well as preparing various media.
Biology Lab Coordinator Assistant (work-study) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2014
As a lab coordinator assistant I was responsible for ensuring the students had a proper laboratory environment to work and learn in. This entailed creating media, keeping inventory of chemicals in the lab (using Excel), sterilization using an autoclave, and maintaining a clean safe environment for the instructors and students.
Family business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 2, 2014
Worked with customers to determine individual needs, directing them to appropriate product
Handled customers’ financial transactions precisely
Accurately maintained and balanced cash drawer, daily
Maintained and arranged product merchandise, setting up promotional materials and displays
Provided professional, prompt and courteous service to customers and vendors
Pros
This job is only if you love meeting new people
Cons
Poor Management.
Education discount
Public Safety Dispatcher/Relief Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 30, 2014
Better benefits than private company's and education discount and holiday pay is a pluse.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions and advancement is slow
Creative Place to work with a diverse culture.
HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM AND EDUCATION INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2014
A typical day at work would include emailing, running errands around campus, and creative brainstorming for upcoming health events. I learned how to successfully run a health program. The Management was great, extremely helpful. The environment was the best part of the job, it is a bright place.
Computer lab designed to help students succeed
Intern at the Communication Skill Center (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 8, 2014
The Communication Skill Center (CSC) is the hub of the Communication Department at UALR. A typical day at work started with checking in with the Graduate Assistant, and the intern leaving their shift. I would catch up on what needed to be done and if any new presentations were expected that day. As students sought help in the CSC I entered their information into a client database and assessed their needs. If they needed help with an assignment, I would work with them. Many times I had to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.

My coworkers consisted of my Graduate Assistant, and sometimes another intern. The GAs are more hands off so that the interns get the most experience. The majority of the time, I managed the CSC alone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many students. It is a wonderful thing to experience someone comprehending new information. Also, giving speeches is terrifying for most people, and we get the opportunity to help them conquer a major fear. When a student comes in after a speech and says, "I did it! Thank you for helping!" it just makes my day. The hardest part of the job was also working with so many students. As with most things, working with students is a double edged sword. Sometimes the students were too scared, or had a difficult time with the information. Cementing a new idea into somebody else's head can be quite difficult. However, the challenge is worth it as we both grow in the process. The best way to learn something is to have to teach it. As a result, I was able to learn communication concepts
  more... in a deeper way when working with students.  less
Laid back work enviornment great for students
Fitness Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 9, 2014
Great job to have while in school. Assist customers with gym passes, memberships, and lockers.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned a lot and my educational and professional growth have enhanced.
Productive, and friendly work environment
Entertainment Executive Chair (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2014
As Executive chair for Campus Life, I don't have "typical" work days. My days range from putting up marketing flyers for events, to talking to the agents of performers we want to bring to campus. I have days that are known as event days, in which I prep the environment for the performer, wait on the performer hand and foot all over campus, introduce them at the event, and then assist in any cleanup after the event. The most important thing I have learned since having this job, is that it's about what the people want, not what you want. Your marketing strategies have to be targeted at the people, the performer has to be something the people want, and will potentially like. My coworkers are fabulous, and I know I can always count on them if I need assistance with anything. The hardest part of the job, is not being too dominate. I have a strong sense of leadership, that sometimes can come across a little forced, when in fact I am only trying to be persistent. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work with people. I get to meet the needs of the people in my council, and the people all over campus, by providing top performances, and entertainers.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Extremely time consuming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3