University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 13, 2017
The work here provides challenges and areas where I can grow in my teaching style. The students provide opportunities where I can assist with their education and career goals.
never knew where you stond
Offensive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 6, 2017
The review did not match your job recommendation. You can get a high recommendation, but that did not mean a promotion or you would be retained. Your supervisor tells you that you are doing a great job but you can get that in writing nor do they stand up for you when the pressure hits the fan.
My Wonderful Experience at UAPB
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 28, 2017
The Experiences gained at UAPB has provided me with a sense of leadership and an attitude obtain great work relationships. The most enjoyable part of my job is being provided with many opportunities of advancement to progressively learn.
Educational Institution
Baccalaureate Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 19, 2017
Nursing students grieved to the Department Chairperson too much. They didn't want to utilize the resources given to them and earn their grade. They wanted everything given to them.
Pros
Didn't work in the summer
Cons
Lazy students and horrible pay
Good institution but needs some improvements.
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 18, 2017
There are times where some employees are only concerned with their own advancement or they have their own agendas vs the advancement of the University or the students that attend.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too many people who are not "team players"
Fun workplace
Assistant Track and Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 24, 2017
This was my favorite job because it was in my field . Typical work day was fast paced and productive. The most enjoyable part was transforming athletes into great leaders
Pros
autonomy in training
Cons
funding
It was a great teaching and learning experience.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 24, 2017
A typical day in m school life is to go to work and get prepared for my classes. During office hours I prepare for my classes and I am available to tutor/meet with students that need help. I also am over recruitment for my department, so I reach out to high school students that I have come in contact with at different recruitment trips/events we have been involved with. I also go and wok on different labs in the laboratory from time to time, and I also grade papers and explore new learning/teaching strategies.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Distance from my family and my salary
Meeting young people that need guidance
Dorm Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 5, 2017
What I love about my job is helping people, My Life is about always being able to make a positive change in someone life for the greater good. I have serve in roles were I was able to serve as counsel to young people for over 14 years, being able to make a positive change in a person life is what gives me job fulfillment. I believe it is my true calling in life.
Productive Work Day
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 26, 2017
My day at work is very productive. Whether it be attending to the students making sure their day is going pleasant. I type recommendation letter for the students and attend meetings.
Pros
Discount on tution
Cons
Not enough PTO hours every pay period.
Not a place for someone wanting to advance
Public Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Administration buildingJune 5, 2017
While the benefits grow the longer you work at UAPB, there is very little room for advancement. Most executive leadership have worked at the institution for 20 years or more, have come out of retirement to fill positions, or fail to work their succession plan.
Great
Co-Editor of Lion Yearbook (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 8, 2017
The environment is like no other. Each person at the University offer a diverse unique experience once you interact with them. The campus lights up kind of when you walk through it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No 24 hour cafe
A great place to be at and a very unexpecting experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 7, 2017
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a great school. The environment is great and it's a great experience. It's has its ups and downs but it's really what you make it
Work Study
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 10, 2017
It's a great job for students who need to make a little extra money whether it be for books or personal items.

The job not only provided extra income, it gave me the opportunity to "brush up" writing skills.
Pros
Great job for students
Cons
No cons
Environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 7, 2017
I did not enjoy this position as a custodian at the college. There was a lot of work but very low pay and benefits. They did not have much concern for the employees and they really tried to make things very difficult.
Pros
Work where my wife worked
Cons
Low pay
Normal workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 25, 2017
Maintaining a portfolio of about 100 accounts. Making sure they stay in compliance with the rules and regulations within the grant. I have learned how to understand management all the accounts without out getting them mixed up. How to keep up with the ending date and to make sure the account does not go over the exceeded amount. The workplace culture is diverse and it works for me. The hardest part about my job is reading proposal in between doing your other job duties. The best part of the job is that I can work at my on pace without someone standing over me.
Pros
One hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Insurance is on the rise and continuing to rise up
A small university and an excellent department of fisheries
Research Assistant Aquaculture/Fisheries Center (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 23, 2017
Excellent in terms of individual attention to students, facilities available, the quality of research done, and the quality of faculty. This is especially applicable to the Aquaculture/Fisheries Center where I studied/worked.
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 12, 2016
The most enjoyable day is helping the students to overcome their fears. This company is great to work for because we are like a family. The growth
Pros
Discount on school
It was ok
Library Receptionist /Customer Service Student (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AR 71601November 27, 2016
To understand for yourself what it means to go into this field, is something you're going to have to do for yourself in order get a better perspective of things ok.
U.A. P. B is overall a great place to work
Resident Hall Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 13, 2016
I usually start my shift at 3:00pm each evening by receiving a briefing by the person that was on duty before me on the thing that happened that day and what is expected to occur that evening. Next I walk through the building checking the fire exit door, security maintenance rooms and all building restrooms. Then I enter all the information that I have just observed in my daily log. Before I started this job it never crossed my mind on how important it is to have a total accountability of college student but after taking this I discover how important that fact is. I believe the hardest part of my job is getting a dorm of young men to pick up after themselves. The Think I like most about my I is that I get a chance to talk to the young men about some of the challenges that they some time face in life or will face in life. To me it is a chance to give back to the future leader.
Pros
Conseling the students
Cons
limited growth potential
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 3, 2016
Conducted telephone survey of all 50 states checking to see if they offered a license in Pre-K programs.The staff is really helpful if I have any questions on office rules