University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews

Good Place
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2017
Very busy establishment, some areas are good for advancement. The pay is decent. There is not enough raises. I've learned a lot over the years. The most enjoyable part is meeting people from all over the world and the diversity.
Great Enviroment to Work in
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 4, 2017
Professional management. Supportive environment and management. Friendly atmosphere. Tuition discounts are helpful as well as great 401k plan.
Great Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 15, 2016
If you can get in the door. Stay!. It has great benefits, and there's no limit to how far you can progress as long as you have the certificates or degree (if required) needed in the particular position you are applying for.
Good place to work. Room for advancement
RN III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 7, 2016
I have really enjoyed my time at UAMS. I have learned a lot while working here. There are lots of oppurtunities to learn and further your career. They offer very good benefits..
Pros
lots of learning oppurtunities
Cons
lack of leadership management needs some work
great form of unity
Program Coordinator/Specialty Pharmacy Services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 24, 2016
I loved working here they had great benefits. The place was great and it stayed clean and really tried to help out employees to better themselves as well.
Best place to work in Arkansas
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2016
Excellent place to work. Excellent insurance, education, and training benefits. Wonderful opportunities for advancement.
Overall the job is satifying
AP Manager/Histology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 3, 2016
Overall the job is satisfying as I am allowed to make improvements and update equipment. We are now a state of the art computerized laboratory that puts safety of personnel first. Salary improvements are needed for experienced HT and HTL personnel for better retention.
Pros
Matching retirement funds to 10% of salary, Medical Ins Good
Cons
No place to eat that is healthy in the hosptiatl
See my Review Summary Below
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2016
Many of the changes with the Affordable Health Care Act is changing the way healthcare is provided. Many of the changes are being placed on the backs of nurses without compensation or consideration. When staff members are going through crisis management at UAMS fails to advocate or guide the staff member to options that may help them and protect their patients.
Pros
Excellent Retirement
Cons
Paying for parking and many other things, they continue to build facilities but none of that trickles down to the staff.
Good but not Great
Systems Administrator - Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2016
First organization that I have worked for in which the business side truly does not understand the technical side but yet wants to control every technical aspect to the detriment of entire organization.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Power struggle at the executive level
Great work environment
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 24, 2016
Worked as an Access Coordinator III for Medical Oncology (formerly Point of Service Coordinator). Answered phones, verified insurance, registered patients, checked-in patients for appointments, met, greeted, and assisted the public, coordinated appointments, ordered and maintained supplies, and performed other duties to support the patient care activities
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Committed to the highest quality of care for Arkansas residents
Project Director (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 22, 2016
Have worked here for over 15 years, good compensation, great work/job balance. Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to provide public education and improve the quality of lives of others.
Pros
great retirement, great co-workers
Cons
state agency- no performance bonus an rarely get raises
Great Patient Centered Care
PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2017
UAMS is very patient centered. We strive to give the patient the best care and attention possible. I love being able to help patients and their families. I think the hardest part of my job is dealing with the different work ethics here. I have to remind myself that we all work differently and not allow it to affect my patient care or job duties. I have some of the most understanding mangers, they are very flexible.
Pros
Paid holidays, increase leave time
Cons
large facility
The Job
Medical Administrative Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2016
There is definitely room for advancement within the UAMS system. And enjoy the interaction with the patients. And then the daily challenges and learning experiences.
Pros
Learning something new each and every day
Cons
Not being acknowledged for the good work done, only when something was done wrong.
great place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2017
I learned how to perform complicated tasks while in the blood bank such as difficult crossmatches and antibody screening. I was also the lead for the operating room cell saver program. I was able to witness several different surgical procedures because of this program. Great hours!
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is a great hospital to work for.
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2015
I arrive fifteen minutes early to prepare for work. I clock in on time and proceed to my designated work area. I greet patients and their families. I assist the families to their appointments. I answer the phone and transfer families to their love one rooms. Since UAMS is a very big hospital, I am always learning where different departments are located. The management and co-workers are very friendly and caring. The hardest part of the job is witnessing family members cry about the death of their love ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient recovers from their illness or injuries.
Pros
They offer great health care and good benefits.
Cons
Not enough pay or pay raise.
Productive and wonderful teaching hospital to learn and gain knowledge.
Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 4, 2015
I have worked for UAMS for 16 years and it has definitely changed over the years. I have learned how to become a better therapist and leader. There are always opportunities to learn and other disciplines respect and depend upon your expertise. My co-workers are like my second family. I am with them just as much as my own family and we have a good working relationship. We believe in providing high quality of care to our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is making my patients smile when they see me. I enjoy the opportunity to serve them and assist them in their breathing. The hardest part of the job is working with minimum amount of staff on night shift.
Pros
Excellenct benefits
Cons
Having to pay for parking and the inability of job advancement
Job Security
PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2016
The area of the facility where I work is fast paced. The co-workers and direct managers are wonderful to work with. Moral is not always the best as we sometimes feel overworked.
Pros
paid time off; retirement contribution; health insurance
Cons
communication; short breaks
Temporary Position
Laboratory Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 10, 2017
Temporary Position. No need to review. This text is placeholder to meet the minimum character count for this text box of one hundred and fifty characters.
fun
Ophthalmology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2017
yeah yeah...just trying to put enough characters in so that I don't have to say anything at all that makes sense. So blah blah blah who cares, get own with it.
Uams
Communications and Marketing Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 22, 2014
I loved the job, but the management was sub par. I was a web developer and at the time it was right up my alley. Some of the work I did is still online.

The atmosphere was fun and relaxed, but my supervisor was confused and looking for a job. The pay was OK, but I'd been promised a full-time position and a significant pay raise. I got the full time, but the raise never came. I confronted my manager about it and lost my job.That's OK, they were double billing customers anyway, and they'd have eventually be caught and the department would have been shut down. I guess it was good that I got out when I did, although I really enjoyed the work.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Gross mismanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2