University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Employee Reviews in United States

Peaceful Place To Work
Remote Personal Management Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205April 11, 2016
Working without alot off people around and a quiet enviornment is nice...I dont really like the schedules but overall its a fun and big place to work for.
See my Review Summary Below
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2016
Many of the changes with the Affordable Health Care Act is changing the way healthcare is provided. Many of the changes are being placed on the backs of nurses without compensation or consideration. When staff members are going through crisis management at UAMS fails to advocate or guide the staff member to options that may help them and protect their patients.
Pros
Excellent Retirement
Cons
Paying for parking and many other things, they continue to build facilities but none of that trickles down to the staff.
Great work environment
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 24, 2016
Worked as an Access Coordinator III for Medical Oncology (formerly Point of Service Coordinator). Answered phones, verified insurance, registered patients, checked-in patients for appointments, met, greeted, and assisted the public, coordinated appointments, ordered and maintained supplies, and performed other duties to support the patient care activities
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Committed to the highest quality of care for Arkansas residents
Project Director (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 22, 2016
Have worked here for over 15 years, good compensation, great work/job balance. Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to provide public education and improve the quality of lives of others.
Pros
great retirement, great co-workers
Cons
state agency- no performance bonus an rarely get raises
Wonderful company and hospital
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 9, 2016
I loved working here. I believe it is one of the best hospitals and they have a level one trauma unit. They care about their research and they are able to help just about anyone.
Uams
Project/Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2015
UAMS is a great place to work. They care about their employees. Hours are kept at 40 a week. The department of pediatrics works hard to keep up the moral of the department and offering outside opportunities to expand career knowledge.
I love UAMS
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 10, 2015
I fell in love with this place when I first started working there. It allowed me to make mistakes, grow, and learn for them. My coworkers were awesome and we worked as a team. I was always excited to go to work because, the environment was just full of life and energy. I will never find a place like this.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
short breaks
US Pizza is a great place to start a management career
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 19, 2015
US Pizza is a great place to start a management career in the food industry. It will teach you the fundamentals of management and prepare you for the next level.
Great Benefits
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 18, 2015
The staff worked well with your life outside of work. A typical day was fun and full of work, it is fast paced and have opportunity for advancement.
The best health in Arkansas with an excellent learning curve for students. The Clinical Pastoral Education Department ...the best anywhere in U.S.
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2015
I reviewed the best Clinical Pastoral Programs prior to applying and only submitted my application to the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences trauma level 1 Hospital. I highly recommend the clinical program at UAMS with the warning that it is tough and not for everyone. I have never regretted my educational experience at UAMS.
Pros
Great didactics, group supervision and case study education. Above all, the personal hands on experence at a level 1 ER.
Cons
The clinical approach is difficult, and not for everyone. Those who make it through the program will be glad they finished.
Great benefits, otherwise could use some improvement!
Registered Nurse & Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 28, 2015
The benefits are excellent. The pay has gotten better with finally getting raises after many years. However, the pay scale is skewed to encourage workers to leave & return for higher pay. There is no element of work/life balance. They just want you at work, period.
Pros
lots of overtime
Excellent Place to Work!!!
Medical Billing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 28, 2015
Management was awesome!! Co workers were awesome! Ability to work flex time. Days set aside for time off to participate in kids school functions. Benefits were great. If I did not move to another state, I would have definitely retired here!
Good environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  little rockSeptember 21, 2015
Good professors, good place to learn and network, laid back town, less opportunities for networking. Lots of workshops and career development programs
Pros
free lunches
Cons
les sopportunities for growth
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 10, 2015
Fun place to work with great colleagues and very supportive management. They are very concerned about how you grow within the institution.
stable place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2015
Hard to move up. Positive side- company offeres a lot of free educational opportunities, has good benefits. Majority of admin people do not work overtime.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not vety high pay
Professional work environment
Research Assistant - Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasAugust 20, 2015
UAMS is the best hospital locally and a great place to work. My co-workers are great people and my supervisor is a great role model. I enjoy working on this job.
Pros
Great dental insurance
I enjoyed the variety in training and the opportunities to learn.
Medical Technologist Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2015
I was allowed to learn and work in different areas as a special procedures histotech. My supervisor was fair and very professional. Marty was the best supervisor ever. She did her best to have everyone cross-trained.
Great Clinical Ladder, 5:1 ratio
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 28, 2015
A good place to work while advancing your education. Discounted tuition to Universities in the U of A system and discounted tuition to UAMS.
Pros
Tuition Discount
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is a great hospital to work for.
Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2015
I arrive fifteen minutes early to prepare for work. I clock in on time and proceed to my designated work area. I greet patients and their families. I assist the families to their appointments. I answer the phone and transfer families to their love one rooms. Since UAMS is a very big hospital, I am always learning where different departments are located. The management and co-workers are very friendly and caring. The hardest part of the job is witnessing family members cry about the death of their love ones. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a patient recovers from their illness or injuries.
Pros
They offer great health care and good benefits.
Cons
Not enough pay or pay raise.
Fun place to work. over 20,000 employees.
ERP SAP R/3 LEAD SECURITY ANLAYSIS (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansasJuly 9, 2015
Hard work with lots of benefits.
Hospitol settings.
over 20,000 employees.
Lots of advancement
A very good learning institution.
Pros
Vacations

4.3