University of Arkansas Little Rock Employee Reviews

VERY Family Oriented
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2017
This was my FIRST "Career" job. I loved this place. Once you get in, you are more likely to get any job that you want. Everyone is very helpful and welcoming.
Pros
FREE Tuition/Christmas Holiday Party
Cons
low pay
Good Benefits Low Pay
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2016
Great benefits at UALR but there is little opportunity to advance. Middle managements is not very flexible and seems to be unwilling to go to upper management with ideas. Insurance costs keep increasing, no raises, however there's a lot of leave time and the tuition discount is worth it.
pretty flexible work enviroment
IT (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2015
drop in enrollment of students is continuous and scaring a lot of current employees. has lowered morale a great deal.
decent pay
flexible work environment
Fun and easy
Conference Services (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 13, 2014
This was one of my favorite jobs. There was nothing hard about this job. It was very laid back.
Great School
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2014
I've learned more about myself as well as about my course of study. There are lots of opportunities for growth and networking within my department, Rhetoric and Writing.
Pros
Flexible class schedules and great teachers
Cons
Small department, so class choices vary
Productive and engaging environment that foster professional and personal growth among employees.
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2013
Mornings are typically the busiest since students have classes in the Academic Success Center during that time. As an Academic Coach, I have learned how to adapt to students from different backgrounds and circumstances and communicate with each student in a way that most effectively benefits them. A typical day is very heavy in the morning with meeting with students on Academic Probation and comprehending external factors that contributed to them being placed on Academic Probation and develop goals that enables them to focus on scholastic and personal achievement. My co-workers are very helpful if I am ever in need of clarity on policies or avenues I should provide students that best allows them to be successful in their course work. The hardest part of the job is seeing how students look at the circumstances in school as if there is no hope available to them. At this point, reaching out to them becomes stronger as I see their mindset shift negatively. The most enjoyable part of the job when some students become comfortable knowing their academics is not in the best place yet confident knowing they have people in their corner providing guidance that will enable them to succeed.
Pros
Personal and professional fulfillment happens on a daily basis.
Cons
Helping some students change their mindset regarding their academics.