University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

good
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2015
very good lab facilities. Excellent profs .houses one of the best libraries in the country. multi -cultural environment. go hogs!
Coached Division 1 basketball as an assistant
Coach (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Bad compensation, no job security, if the head coach would take another job at a different college you would not be guarenteed a job.
I was the coach for the centers. I learned a lot about the fundamentals of team work. The coaching staff was awesome. The hardest part was the long hours a day and no job security. The most enjoyable part was coaching during the games and being on TV.
Good R1 institution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2015
University of Arkansas is a great institution to work for. It provides employees great compensations and great support for conducting research.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
Pros: Free tickets to games
Cons: Never a dull moment
Got to experience how collegiate marketing works with other universities and got to work with collegiate athletes while working to provide fans an incredible experience.
Great place if you love repetitive work
Assistant in a certain office (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
Pros: M-F job
Cons: Soap opera central, lousy pay for the amount of stuff you have to deal with.
It was fun but when you do better at a job, those that you work with will become threatened. It's the same thing everyday and those who think they know everything will advance quicker than you. Everyone sleeps around with either those in the same offices or in different departments. It gets boring very quickly. Supervisors will try to make you feel like you are suppose to be scared of them. The friends that you think you have made on that campus well turn on you in a heart beat. Keep to yourself while working here.
Fun Workplace
Student Worker/Tutor (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 30, 2015
Pros: Choose my own hours
Was a good job for a student. Got to pick when to set up meetings to tutor so it fit in with my classes. The pay was decent for a student tutor. It was hard to help some of the students because of their understanding of a computer and they are trying to do a degree that is based around a computer.
n/a
(REU) Participant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 28, 2015
It was a great place to work overall. It was very relaxed and allowed me to focus on school while working. It was a very great place to work overall.
good place to work if they would open some full time positions.
Carpenter (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 26, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no full time positions for carpenters
good place to work and good people but no full time jobs for carpenters.very good hours,fairly easy work.fairly easy work,do a lot of different jobs,from finishing concrete,laying carpet,building walls,to my favorite trim and finish work
Great school
Student (Former Employee), Fayetteville,ARMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice landscape
Cons: Long hours
Great school and great professors. The business school is moving up in the ranks in the U.S. and should be in the top 25 business school in America any time soon.
Great benefits and good pay
Facilities Management (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 7, 2015
This is a state position with lots of responsibilities, great benefits, and good pay. In the past, most people stayed here for 20-30 plus years.
Great
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 20, 2015
They are nice, I have a good experience there. The professor is awesome and curriculum is good too. I learned lots from the courses and myself during the program.
Good tutoring job.
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 14, 2015
Had a lot of no shows, which is okay because you still get paid either way, just make sure you bring a book or you'll get really bored.
Overall a great job to have while in school.
College Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 10, 2015
This was a great experience. The school really helped me get on my feet and gave me some work experience to talk to in interviews and have on my resume.
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 6, 2015
Working with amazing people and wonderful job opportunities. However, hard to accomplish advancement unless you know someone.
Gained broiler knowledge
Graduate Research Scientist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: low pay
Helped conduct nutrition and water quality experiments with chickens and poults. Responsible for daily care, management of research flocks, provided treatments, assisted with data collection and, processing for yield information. Conducted flux readings for the ammonia levels of the litter. Managed drinker water flow rate tests, adjusted regulator pressure, and drinker heights to compensate for bird growth.
Work-study job
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Monticello, ARMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons: short lunch hours, limited weekly hours
My job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello allowed me to work in an environment where I interacted with other students and enhance my organizational and communication skills. This job was flexible with my schools hours and was a pleasant, quiet environment to work in. The staff was friendly and eager to help you whenever you needed assistance.
Organized
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 15, 2015
Organized leadership, decent pay, great hours. Would recommend anyone to apply here. The management is great and so are the coworkers.
Work Study
Periodicals Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasMarch 11, 2015
Pros: school schedule so vacations were easy to plan
I was a work study student. It worked out well for me, but I wasn't a salary employee so that could be very different. I worked library hours as well as extended hours during finals
Energetic educational environment
TA Spanish (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARFebruary 27, 2015
teaching goes smoothly among the undergrads there is a culture of studying present here. The students are commited and there is a space for acommplishing one's goals when it comes to make them excell.
Great environment all around.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day at the University includes making copies for professors, creating spreadsheets of information for easy access to the department, creating flyers, and building great relationships with my professors and coworkers.

I've learned how a university works together. As a student, I never thought of all of the behind the scenes work that goes into each class.

My superiors are fantastic and I've never worked with a group of higher ups that I've enjoyed more. I enjoy working with my coworkers just as much. I have yet to experience a work day with less than the best attitudes.

I would say the most difficult part of my job is misunderstandings. A few professors have difficulty explaining exactly what it is they are wanting when they ask something of me so it's hard to walk them through it sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making work connections. I've met professors through my job and later had them as a professor for a course so it makes the entire experience so much better.

1 2 3 4 5