University of Arkansas

University of Arkansas Employer Reviews

Engaging and changing work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasAugust 20, 2014
Touring a variety of manufacturing companies provides many opportunities to learn about different energy and cost saving projects that can be implemented in a variety of applications. Helpful adviser and staff to guide.
Over-all a very nice organization and has great people to work with.
Tax Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 7, 2014
Has a pool of dedicated, talented and professional staff/management.
Productive and a good experience
Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
I enjoyed working there and learned new things. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nice place family style work place...
o Student Worker - APRO Department (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARAugust 4, 2014
Pros: this a student worker job, don't pay much but you get some good experience
Cons: this not a full time job and but its a great part time job.
my day usual about here hours and starts with water the plants and then I finish what ever homework and learn some office producers. the management is awesome. I don't have nay co worker since I the only student worker in that office. There wis not hard part to his job. Its fun and not a lot of pressure.
As a student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 25, 2014
I am a student there. And I worked as a graduate assistant there for one semester. I graded assignments for over 100 students and proctor in the math lab center.
Great travel opportunities and $$savings
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2014
Non stressful job, allows to travel around the US on company's $$, allows for personal savings.
great place to gain experience for future roles in leadership
Research Associate I (Former Employee), Monticello, ARJune 25, 2014
Great place to gain experience and knowledge for future roles in leadership
Collaboration is honored here as well as initiative
Graduate Assistant and Master's Student (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2014
Pros: boss, creativity, implementation, goals, analysis, responsiveness
Cons: finances
My boss is tied for the other most enjoyable feature of my job. She is the reason that I love my job. She makes a lot of analyses of ways that I can improve a project or area and ways that I can help her. She's a professor and a very hard worker. She makes things happen and I like to make sure that I help however I can.

The other most enjoyable feature – more... of my job is my freedom of creativity, suggestion, and cooperation. I am working a lot on graphic design and project and event coordination. I am also participating in departmental liaising and cooperation.

I work alone at the hours that are best for my schedule. I have to be detail oriented and large picture oriented. I have to be timely and flexible.

My co-workers are anyone that I could possibly be in communication with for cooperation at the University. The help for any project is potentially endless as many groups, departments, and programs have similar goals. Primarily, my coworker is my boss, as she is the most concerned and involved with each project. – less
Great Place, fun people.
Intern (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 17, 2014
Great Place, fun people.Great Place, fun people.Great Place, fun people.Great Place, fun people.Great Place, fun people.
Beautiful Place to Work and Friendly People
Payment Solutions Development Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 17, 2014
Pros: comfortable woking environment, discounts on tickets
Cons: no upword movement, sometimes boring
I've worked at the University for over 16 years now. The campus is a wonderful place to come to work everyday. You have several places to eat close by and even some quick shopping spots for grabbing something on your way home after work.

Work life here is very laid back and easy going. There are a few moments where you may have a time crunch, but most – more... of the time you can work on projects peacefully.

There is very little room for actual advancement here. Most people that work here have been here a very long time and aren't about to budge. So, you don't really have much of a ladder here. The pay is actually pretty good, but don't expect to make what you would in the private sector. What you get in return is a nice working environment and job security. – less
A typical life-guarding job
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 11, 2014
Pros: work in a pool, get to swim laps every day, and interact with people who enjoy the pool.
Cons: long days mean you are staring at water for 8 hours in a row.
This is a typical life-guard job. You have to check the pool, always be on the stand, and always be attentive to those who are in the water. I learned a great deal of responsibility, because you have to be on alert all day long, because anything can happen.

There was not too much that was challenging, except always paying attention for 8 hours in a – more... row. It can get very repetitive, and it teaches you patience as well as some degree of mental fortitude. – less
Fun work environment!
RAZORBACK FOOTBALL RECRUITING AMBASSADOR (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 10, 2014
Pros: fun job, great resume builder
Cons: no pay, no room to move up
I enjoy working for the Razorback football team, however, there is little to no room for advancement or pay. A typical day includes a wide variation of things, depending on whats going on during that season of time. Some days I am calling parents of recruits, some days I am organizing the recruiting database, some days I am setting up an event for our – more... recruits, etc. – less
Great Experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJune 9, 2014
Lab Technician June 2012 – December 2012
• Researched information to be implemented in a new green technology lab
• Assisted in the setup of a Green Research Lab
• Assisted in the Setup of solar panels to be used for more hands on research
Great experience at "The Flagship of the Delta"
GED Coordinator/Student Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJune 2, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, faculty/staff appreciation events, great benefits
Great company with teamwork/family atmosphere. I recommend this institution to anyone looking to work in the education field or anyone who has a desire to further their education at a college university.
Hog Caller Typical Day
Hog Caller (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2014
Pros: ability to eat while working
Cons: no breaks
Work usually starts at 5:15PM, unless you work on a Sunday - then work starts either at 1:45PM or 5:15PM. Employees have to be current university students. Everyone comes in prior to 5:15PM, finds their assigned cubicle, and prepares to call alumni or friends of the university. The managers are also current students themselves which makes for a professional – more... but laid-back environment. All of my co-workers are current students; this makes it easy to obtain friends and relate to one another well. The hardest part of the job is getting friends/alumni of the university to make a financial contribution to the university. In spite of this, the most enjoyable part is spending time alongside my fellow co-workers because of the energy they bring to the call center. – less
Nice place to work.
Spanish Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 14, 2014
Teaching two classes a day and spend the rest of the day either grading or preparing classes.
Good community, continually expanding
Research Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 13, 2014
The experience gained working at the U of A is entirely dependent on the department. Some are keeping up with rapidly expanding campus and student base, while others are still behind.
U of A
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARApril 9, 2014
It is a beautiful place to study and spend a couple of years in your life. Quiet and effective life. People are really nice.
Great experience!
Athletic (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasMarch 25, 2014
Member of the University of Arkansas Men's tennis team from 2006-2010.
Good place to work with a lot to learn.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 10, 2014
Holding office hours provides me with an opportunity to meet many students and deal with different types of personalities. Working with the students and helping them is a great experience and gives me the satisfaction of making some kind of difference in their lives. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. It improved my interpersonal and organizational – more... skills. This job involves working in teams which I enjoy the most. The challenging aspect of this job is to deal with different kinds of students and helping them understand difficult concepts in an easy manner. – less

1 2 3 4 5