University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Good place
Post-Doctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 8, 2016
I enjoyed my almost two years of work there. It was so cold in wnter and not too many events but it was good anyway. My day started at 8.30and finished at 5.30
Great Culture. Poor Pay. Riddled in Red Tape
Financial Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 6, 2016
The University of Arkansas is a great work environment. The problem however is that all of the staff unless your in the upper echelons of the system get paid at least 15k less a year than they deserve. If it weren't for the 90% tuition discount I wouldn't stay on, and sadly not because I don't like what I do, or the people and culture that I am with, but because my job hardly equates to a living wage as a single parent trying to afford the bare minimum of bills. Car payment, insurance, phone, rent, utilities, daycare.. nothing extravagant and I'm still in the red after each paycheck. This is a combination of being a state funded agency, and a lack of fight for the majority of the staff on the Universities part. The quality will continue to dwindle if the good people that keep the place running can't afford to keep their lights on.
Pros
90% Tuition discount for full time employees, 50% for their dependents & spouses, great benefits, and work life balance.
Cons
unorganized, excessevie red tape in every sector, hardly living wages
Difficult course work
Full-time student (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 20, 2015
I had very early classes as well as very late classes. I took several courses in TESL, Spanish, as well as Literary works.
Pros
I was blessed to go.
Cons
Hard work.
Truly enjoyed it.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 6, 2015
My bosses were phenomenal. I'm afraid I won't ever have another job with that level of freedom and independence while working for someone.
Fun job and fun environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 6, 2015
There are a lot of things that are required of a resident assistant but the most rewarding is being able to make a difference in the lives of the residents
Pros
Compensation was great
Cons
Advancement opportunities were next to none
Fast paced and being able to network
Development Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  University of ArkansasNovember 11, 2015
Coworkers get along pretty well, management is always understanding about responsibilities in school whenever there is a school project to be completed.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Not much free time
Wonderful work environment
Lending Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 2, 2015
Working here I had the best mentors to teach me and nourish me with supervisory skills. Managing staff was an excellent experience and something that I am skilled at doing. I worked my way up through each position within my unit until I was the unit supervisor. It was one of the best jobs I've had. Nothing but good things to say.
Pros
Learning environment, good experience
Excellent
Assistant Professsor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 1, 2015
A typical day starts off with preparing to lecture 52 student nurses. My teaching strategies must include auditory, tactile, visual, and reflection. I have learned that you are never too old to learn. Although, my students are there to learn they have also taught me. Time management and organizational skills are very important when you have two classes with at least 52 students in each class. My colleagues have a mutual respect for each other. We view ourselves as professionals in a higher learning institution. The most difficult part of my job is losing students who were not successful in the program after sometimes much remediation and hard work. The most enjoyable being a part of students graduating and becoming productive professional nurses.
Great experience
SPANISH TEACHER (Former Employee) –  ARNovember 1, 2015
The pay is too little for TA's but the knowledge and experience is very valuable. I would recommend it to all. The city of Fayetteville is a wonderful place.
An okay Job
Cheddars (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 30, 2015
This job was okay for the most part. Management at that time was not good for business. I had a hard time trying to communicate with angry managers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Management service
Great place to work and have great benefits!
Imaging Tech/Computer Tech III (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2015
I been in the position at this job for 10 years. I like the environment and the people I work with. The benefits are good, various types of jobs available, a great place work.
Pros
Pay for employee education 90% at any University of Arkansas school. Pay employee child 70%.
Cons
Clocking errors!!!!!
Productive workplace
Chargee de cours/tutrice (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 9, 2015
Productive workplace with enthusiastic and helpful co-workers. A place where I learned a lot and improved on my communication and written skills.
Enjoyed contact with customers and students.
Pros
celebration of anniversaries
no review
Accountant II, Research Accounting (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 27, 2015
The job is relatively enjoyable, but quite repetitive and I enjoy more variety in the work I do. The benefits are good and with 12 paid holidays, we have plenty of time to relax, rejuvenate and unwind.
PCT
PCT (Former Employee) –  little rockAugust 28, 2015
great company low pa

“Empowering our employees to give back in ways meaningful to them has always been a high priority. Our Volunteer Time Off gives every employee in the world a one- week annual vacation to work for whatever charity they want. With teammates or their family they might build houses or help earthquake victims, whatever they want to do.
Job is taxing
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  On campusAugust 10, 2015
There is so much red tape; little room for advancement; lack of trust among co workers. unhappy environment. It could be something amazing if people would take the time and learn the positions, but everyone has something to prove, I guess.
Pros
Off on weekends; holidays
Cons
Management makes difficult to complete tasks
Zero Trust
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 16, 2015
These people are snakes. I found I couldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. An exceedingly bad experience, and a stain on my resume.
Pros
Fayetteville is OK.
Cons
Everything else.
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 26, 2015
very good lab facilities. Excellent profs .houses one of the best libraries in the country. multi -cultural environment. go hogs!
Coached Division 1 basketball as an assistant
Coach (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 18, 2015
I was the coach for the centers. I learned a lot about the fundamentals of team work. The coaching staff was awesome. The hardest part was the long hours a day and no job security. The most enjoyable part was coaching during the games and being on TV.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Bad compensation, no job security, if the head coach would take another job at a different college you would not be guarenteed a job.
Good R1 institution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 18, 2015
University of Arkansas is a great institution to work for. It provides employees great compensations and great support for conducting research.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 31, 2015
Got to experience how collegiate marketing works with other universities and got to work with collegiate athletes while working to provide fans an incredible experience.
Pros
Free tickets to games
Cons
Never a dull moment

4.3