University of Arkansas Employee Reviews

Calm Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 26, 2017
This organization is not a bad place at all. Flexible and reasonable people. University in the South, so definitely hospitable. I wouldn't discourage anyone from working here.
The University is the PERFECT place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 3, 2017
The atmosphere working at the University of Arkansas is like none other, I thoroughly enjoyed coming to work on campus each and every day. The people you work with are good, quality employees and you get to interact with a variety of people each day. HIGHLY recommend.
Great University
Sr. Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work! You receive the training, attention, and support need in order for you to excel in your role as a scholar and/or a young professional in a number of fields!
Fun place to work. Performed various occupations
Intramurals (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 15, 2017
Enjoyed working here while attending school. Officiated various sports and maintained field maintenance for six football fields and two softball fields.
Amazing Place To Work For
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
The benefit and culture are amazing, as are the people working there. It is a very open and accepting work environment and allows for a nice balance between work and every day life. The only downside is the pay, which cannot be negotiated.
Pros
Culture, people, events, benefit
Cons
Pay
Very Flexible Schedule
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
I worked Part-Time for the U of A for 3 summers as a Graduate student. They take care of their students and their employees very well. The scheduling was very flexible and allowed me to make my own schedule. Made having two jobs easier to manage.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Fun place and nice workers
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 31, 2017
Ability to move up within departments. Great coworkers. Very understanding of work/life/school demands. Typical work days are long during planting and harvest time.
Student Review
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 30, 2017
Great Instructors and teaching techniques. Was truly blessed in becoming a U of A Graduate. Instructors were very helpful and dedicated to each student.
Workplace culture
Logistics Manager/Safe Ride Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 28, 2017
The work is not hard but management is not progressive. Maintaining and controlling a decadent workplace with keeping the "good ole boy network" in place appears to be more important than developing a first class operation worthy of emulation. Upward mobility and pay raises are out of the equation period.
Cons
no pay raises and very limited opportunity for promotion.
Learned a lot of skills such as communication and leadership. Very social and very fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 23, 2017
My internship was through the University of Arkansas. I had an exceptional experience working with 4 different clients every week. My job was to make them workout plans that fit their lifestyle, work schedule, individual goals and body type. I learned how to work with multiple schedules to come to an overall compromise to fit everyone into a workout regimen.
Pros
Very social, got to be in a gym all day
Cons
No pay.

Want to know more about University of Arkansas?

Ask a question
Good benefits
Fiscal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AR 72701May 22, 2017
The benefits are good. Depending on department, they are really family orientated. Built in holidays are nice, especially at Christmas. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Great place for a summer internship.
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot during my summer internship at the University of Arkansas. I was able to perform polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE) as part of my research during the summer. I was able to meet some great people as well.
great
Class Checker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 15, 2017
they were awesome, it was a very easy going, laid back job and you picked your own hours which was very nice for a college student, i would and probably will work for them again next school year
I learned a lot here.
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 12, 2017
That 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why the U of A is consistently ranked among the nation's top public research universities and best values. We work hard to ensure a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the university as having "the highest possible level of research," placing us among the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
Ualr
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton, ARMay 9, 2017
Working here was good for a part time job. Very laid back and simple usually. No benefits if you are a part time employee. Learned simple office tasks to add to resume.
Not as many hours as I would have liked
Summer Conference Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 8, 2017
I think that more hours would have been nice especially with athletic tutoring. They are very random hours and not constant. I wish I had more hours to work,
Productive Workplace with Emphasis on Advancement
Executive Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2017
The University of Arkansas is an excellent place to work. I experienced a supportive environment that encourages higher education attainment and professional growth. Advancement opportunities are available.
Pros
Tuitition Discounts, Competitive benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Basketball Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 4, 2017
Productive surroundings, love to be around positive people who are willing to work. I come everyday ready to learn!! I'm a fast learning, very easy to get along with and i know how to handle customers. I'm very good at turning a bad situation into a positive outcome.
Pros
free lunches
Benefits
Easy and realxed work environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 1, 2017
Great place to work. Have every holiday paid off. Benefits were pretty good. Hours were kinda rough to get use to night shift. Pay was something to be desired but the job was very simple.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Paid once a month.
Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ARApril 24, 2017
Great small college in Arkansas. Students are not exposed to much, but are very willing to learn. Got along well with colleagues. The pay may be lacking.